Action Comics #1 Superman sells for over $3 million on eBay

Action Comics Superman #1 has just sold on eBay for an astounding $3,207,852.00.

The seller, highgrademagic-pristinecomics, had a total of 48 bidders from around the world for this extremely rare comic that was grade a 9 out of a possible 10 by CGC Graders.

Last edited:
I was following this on ebay. I think it will be paid for, as one had to be a pre-authorised bidder to participate in the auction.

At first glance, there were only half a dozen or so bidders that made up the 48 bids.

I was told by one of my contacts there is one other privately owned copy of this comic with a higher grade from CGC. That comic is a 9.5 or 9.6. They also said the one which sold on eBay yesterday was the highest grade (9.0), to come up for public auction in recent times.

*Are we now posting all auction announcements and results in the "Entertainment and Movie Talk" section, or does that only include entertainment memorabilia that is not an original prop or costume? Want to make sure so I post in the right section. Thanks ;).

Wow! I really wish I had a time machine and could travel back to 1938. Why buying a sports almanac, if you can buy comics to become rich? :lol

Tragically, the $3.2 million copy of Action No. 1 could not be sold, because it was later discovered that the seller's mother had thrown it out while cleaning his room.

K

Better than having it torn up during a fight with his sister ...

I once read somewhere that there are still about 100 copies of Action Comics No.1 around, although of course not in such an excellent condition. I have a few collectibles that are more rare than that, although they won´t fetch as much money :p

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Comi...8452242?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4d22ed3312

Now the people out to confuse bidders, come out for their slice of the pie. Yes, he clarifies what you get in his updates a couple times, but if you are a bidder who just doesn't read the whole description, then you could be duped.

Note how he clearly states:
"Once the item ships or is picked up, you, the Buyer, take on 100% responsibility for the items and hold me (the seller) free from any lawsuits.

You, the Buyer, are not to bid on this auction unless you, the Buyer, agree to the below and above terms in the above updated description.

The above is a legal binding statement/agreement between the Seller and the Buyer."

I guess he knows that people don't always read clearly and will request a refund.

Last edited:
Wow... Well the seller is going to be in for a real shock when they see how much Ebay and Paypal are gonna take outta that transaction. It's transactions like this that us much smaller time sellers shouldn't get dinged so much. Yeah yeah less than a live auction house, but still.... the listings re created and initiated by us and Ebay is just the venue that posts it. There is no person promoting the sale on our behalf. It comes from interested buyers actively searching for these things.

3.2 million u.s. dollars..............lets see....... thats about 15 u.k. pounds sterling. quite cheap actually.

:ninja

Wow... Well the seller is going to be in for a real shock when they see how much Ebay and Paypal are gonna take outta that transaction. It's transactions like this that us much smaller time sellers shouldn't get dinged so much. Yeah yeah less than a live auction house, but still.... the listings re created and initiated by us and Ebay is just the venue that posts it. There is no person promoting the sale on our behalf. It comes from interested buyers actively searching for these things.

3.2 million u.s. dollars..............lets see....... thats about 15 u.k. pounds sterling. quite cheap actually.

:ninja

I believe eBay's maximum fee is $250. They cap it so no matter what your item sells at, you only pay that amount.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back