Rogue One ticket sale date

It would seem that a lot of people are expecting a mad dash for tickets and possible sell outs. Or perhaps their theater of choice offers select your seating...

I remember my excitement in ordering TFA tickets when they went on sale - I scored (faux) IMAX, but when we wanted to add another to the group the IMAX (and some weren't all that thrilled about watching in 3D), that viewing was sold out.

Within a day or two of the TFA premiere, I had no problem securing tickets to another theater.

Sure, but as long as you know the day and time they go sale does it matter how far in advance? Aren't most films normally 2 weeks?

Yes, about time. But still no notifications from my apps. ��

im going to attempt to buy with the app. the force awakes tickets seemed to of through easier with app purchases rather then website purchases

fingers crossed buddy

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but as long as you know the day and time they go sale does it matter how far in advance? Aren't most films normally 2 weeks?

exactly what i said, with the AMC premium accounts u can buy advance tickets 2 weeks before the any films release. im surprised they waited this long. think they aren't expecting a big of a turn out as ep7?

im going to attempt to buy with the app. the force awakes tickets seemed to of through easier with app purchases rather then website purchases

fingers crossed buddy

- - - Updated - - -

exactly what i said, with the AMC premium accounts u can buy advance tickets 2 weeks before the any films release. im surprised they waited this long. think they aren't expecting a big of a turn out as ep7?

Probably not, TFA did almost $300M opening weekend I think.

It's Star Wars. They could pre-sell tickets for the 2-minute trailer and people would be taking off work to get in line.

This is what happened when TPM first trailer was attached to a movie. Tickets were bought just to go in and see the trailer....then leave. I did.............couldn't even tell you the movie I bought the ticket for.

This is what happened when TPM first trailer was attached to a movie. Tickets were bought just to go in and see the trailer....then leave. I did.............couldn't even tell you the movie I bought the ticket for.

i remember seeing that on the news, and people crying during the interviews lol

I got tickets for me and the family for 7pm on Thursday night the 15th and another ticket for a 12:30pm showing the next day on Friday so I can see it again by myself.

The local theater I usually opt to go to (there's an AMC and the MJR regional chain within 5 miles of me) is running a deal buy $50 in gift cards and receive a gift card - so, I'll be swinging by to pick my tickets sometime today or tomorrow. They didn't have tickets available online at midnight, but they're up now.

MJR also offers a large screen - "Epic Experience" - which boasts IMAX like details, but without the 3D or licensing. Their theater that offers that is a bit further for us... so it will be something for a later screening (need to get the kids home for school the next morning).

Yeah, I've never understood all this buying movie tickets beforehand. I've never done that, but if that's what you want to do, fine.

I've also never understood being first in line opening day. I've only seen one movie in my life on opening day and that was Empire Strikes Back in 1980. After standing in a line for 4 hours I decided then and there--never again. Nothing is that important. If it is a huge blockbuster movie I always wait at least a week or two before I go to let the crowds die down.

Friday morning first show at 8:50am in IMAX 3D, there were plenty of seats to choose from which considering the time isn't a surprise. I go to bed too early for Thursday night movies. :)

AMC was painless to get reserved seats for Thursday, I did not get 3D, my thinking is to have this butt up against SW 77 in my mind
as much as possible, which of course
was not in 3D, I would even rather not have digital projectors but oh well

Yeah, I've never understood all this buying movie tickets beforehand. I've never done that, but if that's what you want to do, fine.

I've also never understood being first in line opening day. I've only seen one movie in my life on opening day and that was Empire Strikes Back in 1980. After standing in a line for 4 hours I decided then and there--never again. Nothing is that important. If it is a huge blockbuster movie I always wait at least a week or two before I go to let the crowds die down.

I agree. The first and last movie I ever stood in line for on opening day, was 3 or 4 hours, was Return of the Jedi and I will NEVER do that again. I have seen other movies on opening day but I will not wait in a long line just to see it opening day when you can wait a few days or a week and see it without any problems.

I reserved online today. Three seats in the middle opening day. So far I'm the only reservation (and I think reservations were open yesterday). No line, no waiting. One great thing about Switzerland. ;)

Edit: We also get it two days before the US! Neener neener.

No pre-sale tickets in my neck of the woods yet. Our theater is part of a 2 facility franchise - no AMC or Cineplex here. So, unless I want to drive an hour to the city, Imma have to wait till it gets closer. Maybe next week, they'll put them up on the website.

Guess we should start planning the night.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back