EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

First time poster.
I live abroad and the pre-order for these went up around Jan-Feb.

I'm a little confused and angry since when us foreigners pre-ordered a copy, we weren't given an option on which version EFX was releasing. The description from the ad I ordered from stated it would come with all the "dents and scars, and painted exactly like" the actual screen used helmet. Now are we getting a SE or a standard?
Keep in mind when I ordered my copy, EFX didn't even have the the announcement up for these on their site. Then a few weeks later the standard edition PCR is announced on their site and then the SE. After seeing the EFX page I called the dealer where I ordered mine asking what version we're getting and they stated they had no idea??

What kind of bad business is that? Seems like some sort of trickery of gaining a quick buck from abroad from non-english speaking customers.
The ones that pre-ordered including myself are expecting the SE, NOT the standard due to the description of the ad sent from EFX to the dealer.

Now what angers me even more is that guy who's selling a few copies on ebay when the EFX site hasn't even taken any orders and I've been waiting for months since I pre-ordered mine. A friend of mine bought one from that seller and he got his in no time this week while I still wait here patiently not even knowing which version I'm getting.

That's a HUGE slap in the face EFX

Welcome to the wonderful world of EFX...

Anovos is using a preorder model to determine how many to make. They are very clear that the orders are preorders and delivery is in many cases at least a year away. They have taken quite a bit longer than expected for multiple products. It sounds like some of the delays are because of Disney wanting more focus on getting ST products released than OT.

If you don't want to wait, don't place a preorder with estimated delivery at least a year away. Anovos has done pretty well lately with status updates. Earlier it was hard to know what was going on.

Many people didn't want to preorder from efx either because of the scout trooper issues.

Unfortunately delays have been pretty common for these kinds of products.

Well, it's been longer than a year for most of their products, yet people want to slam EFX for one product being delayed. Giving a status update does not hurry production along, now does it? Disney more than likely does not have a say in any production schedule. That is some apologist nonsense that people are spouting to make excuses for Anovos. The level of hypocrisy in people slamming EFX but in next breath touting the merits of Anovos is what is astounding to me. They have taken literally tens of thousands of dollars, full payments, on products and have only delivered TWO. In over three years, TWO products. Hell, at least EFX has taken actual prototypes to conventions. Can the same be said about Anovos?

The Scout Trooper thing is a giant crap storm for EFX and I would wager they know this. That said, a lot of you are very forgiving because someone pops onto a forum and says "Oh, we are delayed, but here is a neat thing we are planning." I'd rather not hear any news other than "Here is a release date."

My point is don't slam one company who has screwed up one major time as opposed to another who is still sitting on your money, three plus years later.

You might have missed the delays of TIE Fighter (3 years), Vader lids and other EFX products too. They released them in the end, but the delay was there

As i mentioned - imho the best way to handle with EFX is giving them not a single dime. Or order them to refund as soon as they don´t like it anymore how EFX acts.

BUT - as people don´t want to do that ...... they have to accept how it is. It´s not that they havn´t been warned, it´s no new game.
Many haven't received a refund for their orders for the biker scout.
Haven't been warned?
Is there an offical "Warning!! stay away from EFX!!" alert posted somewhere I should know about?LOL

Are you trying to be helpful or give me drama? If the latter, please go away.

I agree with Michael. However, cancelling an order is far from straight forward with efx. My requests were ignored for 5 months, even emails to their dedicated Scout email address went unanswered? It was only after I found Bryan's mobile phone number and left a couple of messages that I finally got a response. I have no doubt they were hoping to get the Vaders out quickly to void people's chances of a cancelation and I'm sure I would still be being ignored if I hadn't found Bryan's number.

Awful, awful company with staff only willing to make contact when they have something to sell.

As i mentioned - imho the best way to handle with EFX is giving them not a single dime. Or order them to refund as soon as they don´t like it anymore how EFX acts.

BUT - as people don´t want to do that ...... they have to accept how it is. It´s not that they havn´t been warned, it´s no new game.

Many haven't received a refund for their orders for the biker scout.
Haven't been warned?
Is there an offical "Warning!! stay away from EFX!!" alert posted somewhere I should know about?LOL

Are you trying to be helpful or give me drama? If the latter, please go away.

For those that are longer in the hobby it´s nothing new. And a newb should gather some info before throwing money to others, so he can make educated decisions ......

Stop whining.

for most of these products from both EFX and Anovos, from pre-order to delivery is as long as 1.25 years. It just takes that long to manufacture this stuff. They don't hide that fact, they have been up front about it. Bitching about it doesn't change that fact. If you don't like waiting, stop sending them money. Or be patient like the rest of us. They will not rip you off and nobody will get theirs out of order in which they paid. The quality is pretty much always very good.What more do you truly expect. :)

For those that are longer in the hobby it´s nothing new. And a newb should gather some info before throwing money to others, so he can make educated decisions ......

Stop whining.
Hey mods is there a block button?LOL
Go tell that to the non english speakers who don't come here.

I'm not complaining about the wait time, not a newb in any way. Have several pieces I've been waiting for a year or two.
I'm angry about the fact that another seller has a batch of these in stock and is selling them on ebay while efx can't get their damn site fixed.

I've never had an issue with their delays or product quality.

For me, I cancelled because they see fit to completely ignore their customers and clearly feel they can do as they please.

I'm also an overseas customer who pre-ordered and I completely agree with Kaizu. There really is no need for obnoxious replies. It's not difficult to be civil. As overseas customers we have every right to be peeved. Personally I would be happy with the standard edition but I would have liked to have had a choice in the first place. :/

-Tom

In this world of marketing reliance on social media the very LEAST you can do is keep your website updated and functional. It goes a long way to showing that you are at least somewhat concerned about your reputation and customer relations.

for most of these products from both EFX and Anovos, from pre-order to delivery is as long as 1.25 years. It just takes that long to manufacture this stuff. They don't hide that fact, they have been up front about it. Bitching about it doesn't change that fact. If you don't like waiting, stop sending them money. Or be patient like the rest of us. They will not rip you off and nobody will get theirs out of order in which they paid. The quality is pretty much always very good.What more do you truly expect. :)

100% this. It cannot be said enough. If you want something "Off the shelf" you are in the wrong hobby. I've dealt with other propmakers here and have delays out that would have many of the new folk here screaming bloody murder. It is the nature of the beast. I am not even going to attempt to defend EFX and the lengthy delay in getting the TIE or the Scout to the public. I will echo VD in saying the end product has always been worth the wait. Anovos is the new fish in the pond, but having so many products in limbo tells me they are borrowing from Peter to pay Paul with the "up front payments".

We used to scorn people for vaporware around here. Now it is acceptable.

First time poster.
I live abroad and the pre-order for these went up around Jan-Feb.

I'm a little confused and angry since when us foreigners pre-ordered a copy, we weren't given an option on which version EFX was releasing. The description from the ad I ordered from stated it would come with all the "dents and scars, and painted exactly like" the actual screen used helmet.

If that's the description, that's false advertising. These things, not even the Special Edition, will come with all the dents and scars. Not for $300. The fiberglass Legend Edition didn't even come with all the "dents and scars", and it wasn't painted "exactly like" the actual screen used helmet. And that was...$900?

In this world of marketing reliance on social media the very LEAST you can do is keep your website updated and functional. It goes a long way to showing that you are at least somewhat concerned about your reputation and customer relations.

The website issue is very surprising and unprofessional. The issue prevents them from taking orders. It shouldn't be necessary to disrupt the public site to make some updates, certainly not for this long.

- - - Updated - - -

Regulary updates would be a good start ;) If you aren't able to do that you shouldn't do such a business

I'm not sure if you are referring to efx or Anovos. Anovos has been providing frequent updates on the Updates page of their website.

The efx website clearly states the SE Vader PCR is a direct exclusive. I would assume this means any reseller will get the standard PCR through their normal channels. Any resellers that don't know which version they will get didn't read very closely. Maybe the info sent to the resellers didn't include that detail.

The efx website clearly states the SE Vader PCR is a direct exclusive. I would assume this means any reseller will get the standard PCR through their normal channels. Any resellers that don't know which version they will get didn't read very closely. Maybe the info sent to the resellers didn't include that detail.
The pre order came out a month before it was announced on the efx site that there were two versions

Personally I think the way both eFx and ANOVOS do business is absurd and at this point I would never pre-order a product from either company.

Exactly. It´s the same as with EFX - if you don´t like how they handle it, don´t give them your money.

Noone was forced to buy due to a pistol on his head.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back