Another BTTF Pepsi Perfect Build Thread. (Update 29/01/2017)

Re: Another BTTF Pepsi Perfect Build Thread. (Update 12/7/2013)

I love watching the progress on this, it's looking fantastic! Are you just making the diet, or are you going to do the perfect as well?

I have to go calm my wallet down now...:behave

Well, I'd really like to make the Pepsi Perfect as it's the most recognizable bottle. The problem is I assume I'm going to have to slush cast the bottle and I'm not sure if I can even get a clear resin, and even if I can the end product might look a bit crappy. I will try and run some tests though when it gets to that stage to see how it turns out.

Maybe some people here could chime in with some ideas of how to achieve a decent Pepsi Perfect bottle? Further down the line when it comes to doing a run I may supply a bottle with transfers for all three bottles so the customer can choose which bottle to make. But again, we'll have to wait and see.

What a great project !!!

Depending on what the final price would be,
if it's not to costly, I'd be interested.

A clear pepsi perfect bottle sounds great.

Last edited:

What a great project !!!

Depending on what the final price would be,
if it's not to costly, I'd be interested.

A clear pepsi perfect bottle sounds great.

Thanks Soxbrother. The aim first and foremost is for me to create something that I'm 100% happy with for my own collection, but of course when I do get to the point of a run it should be a fair deal for everyone involved. Obviously I'm not in this to make money, more about being able to share something with the community that they will appreciate. But of course I at least have to cover my costs. :)

Thanks Soxbrother. The aim first and foremost is for me to create something that I'm 100% happy with for my own collection, but of course when I do get to the point of a run it should be a fair deal for everyone involved. Obviously I'm not in this to make money, more about being able to share something with the community that they will appreciate. But of course I at least have to cover my costs. :)

That's totally understandable.

I'm looking forward to it. :cool

All I want is a Pepsi.

The threaded top is a great added detail and something you'd expect to find on a real life bottle.

How its Made covered 2 liter bottles, and they are heat formed to a mold using tiny bottle blanks. Maybe the industrial method could be simplified, and you could start with real bottle blanks.

Looking forward to seeing these in the junkyard.

Once I get the first print done and get it cleaned up for molding I will start an interest thread in the JY. Still a little way to go yet. :D

been dying to get these! ready to pay

Small update, 3D printer arrived today so expect the first prototype bottle next week!
CAM00751.jpg

If only 3D printers could print clear plastic, but fantastic job so far! But isn't 3D printing expensive? My engineering teacher had a 3D printer and he said 1 cubic inch is like $5.

If only 3D printers could print clear plastic, but fantastic job so far! But isn't 3D printing expensive? My engineering teacher had a 3D printer and he said 1 cubic inch is like $5.

Clear plastic would e great I agree, right now I can get a roll of ABS for round $16 so it's pretty cheap.

I plan to use ABS for the initial master with he final product being molded in resin (if i can find materials in this country). If not a cleaned up 3D print will have to do.

Great news !!!

Good luck with your 3D-printer. :D

Looking forward to the first prototype.

Hello everyone,

So as you know the 3D printer arrived and we have been playing around with the settings trying to get to grips with the best methods of "slicing" the object and also correct scaling. This was our first attempt, as you can see the scale was well off:-
IMG_9664.JPG

Although it's kinda cute, it's not really what I was going for. Now the bad news, it seems the bottle is too big for the print area of the printer meaning 3D printing is out, at least at a local level.

I have uploaded the files onto the Shapeways website in preparation for ordering from there instead, right now these are not available to buy through Shapeways but if you guys had enough interest in them I may make them available for a limited time only. Firstly I want to order everything myself to make 100% sure the the bottle "twists" line up and everything fits exactly how it should.

You can check out the models by visiting my Shapeways page:-
nitrox1980 on Shapeways

As always I'll keep you updated with any news, sorry I couldn't give a better update. :(

Re: Another BTTF Pepsi Perfect Build Thread. (Update 30/7/2013)

What happened to the thread? Any updates?

Hi Mitas,

This project is on hold for a little while as I am due to be moving back home to the UK early next year. Once back I'll pick this project up again and continue from where I left off.

I could continue here in the Philippines but the cost of shipping materials from Europe and the US is crazy expensive, I end up paying almost the same amount in customs charges here as the item is worth. It's just not worth it. This project isn't dead, it's just on hold for a little while.

Dan.

The cost depends on the printer. The dimension BST1200 I have access to costs about $4.50/cubic inch. The Makerbot is probably less then $.50 per inch.
On a side note about this project, I 3D printed one of these bottles almost a year ago on the BST1200, it cost a decent amount because of the high material cost but it came out great. I never went any further with the project for various reasons. I made a post a while back about it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back