National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

MooCriket

Master Member
It's that time of year again! I always feel like watching this film around this time of year. For those of you looking for a Moose Mug, like Clark W. Grisswold's and you don't want to roll the dice with shipping...your in luck! They now have the mugs in a set at Urban Outfitters.

1525055785_m.jpg

Urban Outfitters - Marty Moose Mug

Last edited:
Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah.

Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, ***less, hopeless, heartless, fat-***, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?

:lol I always remember the cat under the chair, chewing the cord to the lights and "ROWR!" and a flash of light.

Eddie: "If that cat had nine lives it sure used 'em all."

Right there with you, LOVE Nat Lampoons xmas. Also a fan of Ernest Saves xmas, have laughed my self silly at that for the past 24 years. Love it.

*edit* That outfitters is literally down the road from myself! woohoo

Last edited:
Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny ******* Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white *** down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of ******** this side of the nuthouse.

I am already enjoying a nice nog in Marty Moose mug this morning. Ah. Good times.

Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny ******* Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white *** down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of ******** this side of the nuthouse.

Clark, I think it'd be best if everyone went home... before things get worse.

WORSE? How could things get any worse? Take a look around here, Ellen. We're at the threshold of hell.

I love how smart the ads are on this forum. When you click on this thread, there is now a banner where you can buy your very own Marty Moose Mug! :thumbsup

Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

According to the DVD commentary, they has to tape those lines all over that wall arch on his side so he could get the lines right.

There was an RPF'er a few years ago that made much more screen accurate mugs than these commercially available ones. The shape of the glass on the UO mugs is all wrong. It looked more like a little brandy snifter than this squared off mass produced mug.

I want some screen accurate moose mugs!

"She falls down a well, her eyes go crossed, then one day she gets kicked by a mule and they go straight....I don't know..."

"....you taught me everything I know about exterior illumination."

We quote the movie all year. It is among my top five favorites of all time. I start chuckling as soon as the opening animation starts...

"It *is* a bit nipply out..." :lol

Yes indeed. I think it's unofficially official that any post in this thread must be accompanied by a Christmas Vacation quote to be official.

Eddie: I don't know if I oughta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic.
Clark: Do you really think it matters, Eddie?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back