Silent Running - Valley Forge Cargo Module Logos

You'll need to make one with this on it too:)

View attachment 599821

Oh, I got that one covered.
VF-color1.jpg

I'm tracking down all the logos used on the cargo modules from Silent Running. The film was made using studio money and donated services and materials (in exchange for brand placement in the film).

And here are the ones that have eluded me. Naturally I'm looking to match fonts and colors, but some are too blurry to even make out.
View attachment 596941

Here's one of your missing fuzzy's (Tektronix)...

teklogo.jpg

There were variations, this one on a piece of equipment is a closer match.
20610996401_382ce8d0e9_b.jpg

Last edited:
You are welcome, glad to help! I have an old Tektronix 'scope cart that has the logo on it so I see it every day and it jumped right out at me from the blurry picture. So 23 of the 24 are identified, should make it easier to find the last one.

p.s.: I'd be interested in buying a Tektronix one from you if you make an extra, please lmk.

Might try reaching out to Douglas Trumbull for the last one. The graphic below the letters looks like a mans head wearing a hat of corn cobs to me.

After enlarging your capture, the graphic looks more like a woman's face/head rather than a man's but still wearing a corn cob hat or maybe it's just curls but I'm thinking it's an agriculture related industry.

douglastrumbell.com gives a gmail address that may reach him directly but it might be filtered through his website representative. I'm guessing he'd remember and would be willing to provide you with the info and he'd probably be flattered by your reproduction of these.

Were your captures taken from a blu ray or DVD?

If these are physical models, I'm seriously interested in purchasing one from you if possible.

BTW, I recently discovered the font used on the "Geosylva Telopor" triangle is NOT Futura as most people think... it is in fact "Souvenir."

podhatch.jpg

BTW, I recently discovered the font used on the "Geosylva Telopor" triangle is NOT Futura as most people think... it is in fact "Souvenir."

Hmmm, can you show an example? To my understanding, Souvenir is a rounder and slightly serifed font, whereas Futura is a hard edged sans-serif.
14souvenirFutura.jpg

screencap.jpg

True that the logo has Futura on the version on the miniature where the camera pulls away from Lowell in the window. But on the cargo pods, it's Souvenir. Note the thicks and thins.

souvenirsample2.jpg

sylva.jpg

Blurred to simulate the video image, the serifs start to get lost.

souvenirsample2blur.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, there. I was looking at the black text near Lowell's head...

Serifs are hard to make out on the screencap, but the difference in the stroke widths in the orange letters is very suggestive. Good eye!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back