Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Kylos Tie couldve been a LOT more adventurous on the wings, i like the Jet type/colour thou, be interesting to see what the fuselage looks like for real.

Looking at the sheer SIZE of that Subwoofer on the inside wing, Kylo's clealy a Prodigy Fanboy, "Smack My Bitch Up" for fighting rebel scum and blasting out "Breathe" for Rey.

I see Rey training with those tall pile of Stones as her geting ready to fight a taller Snoke, Im hoping we see lots more trippy force dreams and hallucinations!

IN before a dozen fanboys tell us how they just ripped-off the OT and don't do anything original!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

oh don't be so over dramatic ;o)

once you invent a tie fighter, so long as the ship is useful, it'd make sense it'd ALWAYS be around in the future unless it got replaced ;).

in this case, it doesn't look like a UNIQUE enough design. that'd be my complaint.

at least the tie defenders from rebels look like a different class of ship.

IN before a dozen fanboys tell us how they just ripped-off the OT and don't do anything original!

I'm going to give them credit for actually designing something instead of flipping colors or adding new guns and antennae. I just wonder if when he gets a bad holo call, whether he starts to strafe nearby traffic like a baby villian. :p

I care little about that. Original story is more important than original ship designs whose sole intent is just to sell toys. In reality, the ship designs should've changed very little, if at all. These things would be in service for decades or more, just like our real world birds.

I care little about that. Original story is more important than original ship designs whose sole intent is just to sell toys. In reality, the ship designs should've changed very little, if at all. These things would be in service for decades or more, just like our real world birds.
That depends. Is it a time of economic prosperity?

The first order is not the empire. They rose from the ashes of the empire. One of the things I think they got wrong about the first order was making them seen even bigger than the empire. Personally, I think they should have actually been using the empire's leftovers. They shouldn't have had the finances to build a starkiller base.

If anything, the first of the sequel trilogy should have been about their rise out of nowhere. As if they have been building their operation under everyone's noses.

Maybe they were using old decommission republic stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see new designs. But I think it all has to work into the narrative. The problem so far is that everything we see is either derivative or uncreative.

The new republic is going through a period of economic prosperity. Without the empire, their manufacturing and design should be at it's peak. Finally, the people and private sector have their manufacturing back!

Remember how apple started making pink computers after two decades of beige p.c.'s? It should be like that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well, it has been 30 years since the fall of the Empire. That's a pretty good amount of time. The original Empire was only in operation for a little over twenty years. Finn seems to be about 20 years old and was taken as a small child. So we know it's been around at least that long.

Do we know when the First Order started? Has that been stated in any of the books or anything?

Well, it has been 30 years since the fall of the Empire. That's a pretty good amount of time. The original Empire was only in operation for a little over twenty years. Finn seems to be about 20 years old and was taken as a small child. So we know it's been around at least that long.

Do we know when the First Order started? Has that been stated in any of the books or anything?

It's earliest iteration began a year after ROTJ in the Aftermath books. After the defeat at the Battle of Jakku what remained of the Empire's assets ran off to the unknown regions to begin to organize and rebuild into what would become the First Order.

Totally agree and that is what I was getting at in a sarcastic way.

Thing is our planes have changed from propellers to jets and stealth, id like to see an evolution. I think the concept had some interesting lower wing ideas. Dont get me wrong i think Kylos TIE looks BADASS from what i can see so far.. i will buy a 1/72 Bandai im sure :D

just looks like a black tie interceptor design to me..hardly original or bad ass..

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/05/kylo-rens-starfighter-from-star-wars-the-last-jedi/

Its much more squashed/streamlined, the longer upper/lower wing parts are pushed forward with extra panels on the rear, the rear fuselage looks to be more X1 looking. with supposedly a slightly different canopy to see through. So to me its a more badass Interceptor/X1, but yeah i would have liked it to be more different for sure!

The thing is, where is there for technology in the SW universe to go? You know?

We've gone from propellers to jets to stealth as mentioned 90 years. Less really as stealth was around in the early 90's. There's no where for the tech to go to give the bigger/badder ships or whatever. From prequels to sequels, the only thing that changes is money. Money was plentiful in the PT, hence things like the naboo cruiser which was very different, yet villified for not being SW enough. The OT had it's style after the empire systematically drained the galaxy of money and resources so you had that style. The ST mean while has shown similar designs, but if anything more simplistic and streamlined, which would come with having enough cast around to put smoother skins on what they had. And yes, they were still making due as the republic itself wasn't interested in an army and thought the FO was no big deal. The FO, on the other hand, was driven to the outer rim, resources (physical and financial) virtually depleted and they were restocking. Why redesign everything from scratch if what you had worked fine? You've got the plans and presumably had the builders in chains to keep going.

I mean, seriously, does a 777 look vastly different from a DC9? Not especially. (there are differences, but when seen in flight, they're both roughly the same shape). But that is huge jump in the timeline of our aerospace industry here. Why would the FO redesign Ties? or the resistance redesign X wings? You don't change without improving, whether it aesthetic or functional. But there's not really any tech to upgrade to in the SW world. Hence, little change. Capital ships from the PT are similar to the SD's of the OT which are similar to the SD's of the PT. You could go with another shape, but what does it do for you? Look at trek, their huge jump in tech was the borq who travel around in a giant cube.

The thing is, where is there for technology in the SW universe to go? You know?

We've gone from propellers to jets to stealth as mentioned 90 years. Less really as stealth was around in the early 90's. There's no where for the tech to go to give the bigger/badder ships or whatever. From prequels to sequels, the only thing that changes is money. Money was plentiful in the PT, hence things like the naboo cruiser which was very different, yet villified for not being SW enough. The OT had it's style after the empire systematically drained the galaxy of money and resources so you had that style. The ST mean while has shown similar designs, but if anything more simplistic and streamlined, which would come with having enough cast around to put smoother skins on what they had. And yes, they were still making due as the republic itself wasn't interested in an army and thought the FO was no big deal. The FO, on the other hand, was driven to the outer rim, resources (physical and financial) virtually depleted and they were restocking. Why redesign everything from scratch if what you had worked fine? You've got the plans and presumably had the builders in chains to keep going.

I mean, seriously, does a 777 look vastly different from a DC9? Not especially. (there are differences, but when seen in flight, they're both roughly the same shape). But that is huge jump in the timeline of our aerospace industry here. Why would the FO redesign Ties? or the resistance redesign X wings? You don't change without improving, whether it aesthetic or functional. But there's not really any tech to upgrade to in the SW world. Hence, little change. Capital ships from the PT are similar to the SD's of the OT which are similar to the SD's of the PT. You could go with another shape, but what does it do for you? Look at trek, their huge jump in tech was the borq who travel around in a giant cube.

I think more to the point how much change in the classic iconography and look of Star Wars do people really want? I'm not really interested in seeing ship designs so removed from the OT films that they look like they should be from the PT era which was the Golden Age of the Republic. Things have been rough for the New Republic the last 30 years.

That's why I thought it would have been cool if they'd used the TIE Avenger or Defender. They can't use the Defender because it's in the Rebels era now. In the old EU the Empire had some research facilities in the Unknown Regions where these fighters were developed. So it would have made sense if they went and regrouped using that tech.

I agree though that I want the designs to stay close to what would look like Imperial technology. From what rumors I heard, Kylo's fighter looks like a cross between a TIE Interceptor (wings), Vader's TIE (body), and a ROTS Jedi Interceptor cockpit (sort of B-29ish).

A couple more toy pics of the new TIE.

33632742866_b2bbed2f0b.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back