[NOOB] How much is needed make a mold and cast two copies of a Stormtrooper helmet?

Re: [NOOB] How much is needed make a mold and cast two copies of a Stormtrooper helme

Wow! a lot of members spent a lot of time and energy explaining some basic things to this guy.

1. Casting a helmet is costly and difficult.
2. Recasting is for rebel scum only. Don't do it. Ever.

Conclusion
This guy is looking for the path of least resistance. Otherwise he would have done his own homework instead of asking us to do it for him.
Every post starts with... How do I.....?

I see a pattern.

Re: [NOOB] How much is needed make a mold and cast two copies of a Stormtrooper helme

I believe moldmaking silicone and casting resin is cheaper where I'm from because we have a lot of generic stuff. I'm gonna do some calculation here to see what the best option would be. Thank you to Bookface for giving me a sense of the amounts needed!

Although recasting a bucket is anti-creativity (which in my case I'm not 100% on since I'm gonna mod it extensively after), I don't see any ethical problems with it seeing as I won't sell it anyway and just use it for props.

Last edited:

I was actually thinking of buying that Hasbro and then making two more copies because I thought that would be cheaper than buying three Hasbro helmets.

do you honestly think you could compete on cost with some mass production factory in China? :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back