Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

McQuarrie AT-ATs in this weekend's Rebels reminded me that I *do* like those. I could've lived with those in R1. What was that I said about Rebels shouldn't influence the movies? ;)

Cool feature on aliens and a wild potential spoiler image!
... Dang! So exciting!... but I think this is the point I have to get off the Internet for a couple of weeks, lol:lol ... it's certainly not your fault Bryan, it's my own lack of self control! I can't resist click bait when it comes to SW.

... Dang! So exciting!... but I think this is the point I have to get off the Internet for a couple of weeks, lol:lol ... it's certainly not your fault Bryan, it's my own lack of self control! I can't resist click bait when it comes to SW.

See you on the flip side! :)

As Edwards recently put it (after having shown Lucas his film):
"There are 2 surreal things in life: the first is showing George Lucas YOUR Star Wars film, and the second is being George Lucas and being shown someone else's Star Wars film."

It must have been weird...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if this is potential spoilers or not... but, it's based on the trailers and commercials that we've seen.

It looks like Bail Organa was Yavin IV during at least part of Rogue One - which might lead one to believe that he may have survived Alderaan's destruction (of course that could all change during the course of the movie).

I'm not sure if this is potential spoilers or not... but, it's based on the trailers and commercials that we've seen.

It looks like Bail Organa was Yavin IV during at least part of Rogue One - which might lead one to believe that he may have survived Alderaan's destruction (of course that could all change during the course of the movie).

I have a feeling his parting line if dialigue will be "Well, I'm off to Alderaan!"

I've been having the same issue on this forum. I usually copy and paste, then erase and it works.

Ahh ok, the copy and paste thing worked. Thanks guys. blakeh1 that could be a possibility. Im glad Im not the only one! :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
He had to time to travel back to Alderaan....also listen to what Leia said in her hologram to Kenobi...and the new Canon novels confirmed he died, they dedicate a statue to his memory.

Ahh ok, the copy and paste thing worked. Thanks guys. @blakeh1 that could be a possibility. Im glad Im not the only one! :lol
I guess someone should actually let the RPF staff know about this. I thought it was only me.

Funny, I typed the response above and it worked just fine - then I went to reply below to DINVADER... and no cantina, I mean space bar.

He had to time to travel back to Alderaan....also listen to what Leia said in her hologram to Kenobi...and the new Canon novels confirmed he died, they dedicate a statue to his memory.
I did allude to that in my post. Leia's message seems clear that he's on Alderaan, but... if he is on Yavin IV, they could've departed at the same time (that is if Leia is there, too), meaning there still might be a chance. It's just a shot in the dark and a fun quirk that including him in Rogue One might have produced.

While we're not sure how a big a role Bail plays in Rogue One, I'm sure this will make his story and Alderaan's a bit more powerful and meaningful. It would be interesting to hear him tell the story of the great war General Obi-Wan Kenobi to Leia and how she needs to contact him.

I can't see that they'd do any changes that were that big. I can see Lucasfilm saying "Well this alien isn't from this planet, he's from X now." I don't see them really making huge changes like that. I think that from a story perspective Bail HAS to be on Alderaan so he has an alibi. I think in his mind they thought Leia's mission would go unnoticed and he could keep working from the inside.

I have a feeling his parting line if dialogue will be "Well, I'm off to Alderaan!"

:lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back