Darth Unknown's Lightsaber (speculation thread)

My goal at the moment is to have a Kylo outfit for the premiere, so I am loving all of these new pics! In between watching the trailer over and over, I've started trying to model a reasonably accurate hilt. Man this thing seems really beefy!

Here are some more. Keep up the good work on that 3d model;)
img_8887.jpg

img_8913.jpg

img_8886.jpg

I know it says 3D printing, but I'm pretty sure it's a resin cast, surely from a 3D printing, but a resin cast no matter what. You can even see the mould lines.

- - - Updated - - -
bh1138 Your 3D looks amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
It certainly looks like a lot of fun to build by the original propmaker ... let alone even designing such an icon ... though I still dislike the three blades emerging ... but I get the use of this gimic that J.J. must have foreseen :)

Chaim

So much parts to discover :lol ... definately looks like a relic...

I think the saber will end up being a found sith relic from 1,000 years ago. Which would explain the saber style, the rumor is Max Von character is a ancient sith artifact collector.

THAT sounds awesome! :popcorn

Dunno if its been said before, but I get the feeling that this may be Vader's saber, stripped down and re-purposed by the new villain.

Made another Imgur album with almost every image of the Kylo Ren lightsaber from celebration I could find; all the photos were ordered in such a way that you could get a poor man's 360 view of the prop. Hope this helps someone.

http://imgur.com/DPiucBo,DuQq1ew,fD...xOl,ehPOit9,IaqcNlh,TZpohVv,iQVg60b,kvbPK0c#0

A handful of the images in this album were taken with the glass panel removed, so those photos offer a clear look at the saber.

Last edited:
I know it says 3D printing, but I'm pretty sure it's a resin cast, surely from a 3D printing, but a resin cast no matter what. You can even see the mould lines.

Yeah, I would agree... but I think it might be a rubber stunt casting. What leads me to believe this is the particularly wide, nasty seam line (which is pretty typical with rubber castings, and which are difficult to clean up nicely) and the partial loss of fine details (which is also common with rubber castings)

a04S5O2.jpg

kvbPK0c.jpg

Personally I think the widest part of the grip (were it perfectly round with no greeblies) is about 1-5/8" in diameter with (perhaps an extra 1/16" in addition to that), the lower handle is 1-3/8" in diameter and the hilt is 9 inches long from the underside of the side pipes that make up the cross guard, to the bottom of the pommel and about 10.25" in overall length. That to me, is not big. Of course, I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me when compared to frames from the first teaser that show a hand on it.

Definitely looks rubber or resin. The pieces screwed on at the bottom of the hilt look found, and metal bits put onto the casting.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back