Gathering vintage parts: ANH Obi saber completed

A new interesting project could be a Lightsaber like this:
http://imageshack.us/a/img197/5847/i6xq.jpg
I'm pretty sure that most of the parts are custom made on this. My goal would be:
-built with authentic found real world parts
-same lineup as the ANH Kenobi
This would say I have to find some parts which can be called "close enough" parts, but related in view and look to the original parts ... any ideas or suggestions?

I don't know if you are still wanting to do this, or have found the emitter, but I did see a lot of these on eBay:

image.jpg, image.jpg,

There are even some with the outer emitter portion. It's called a "stator" or you may find it by looking for "ignition coil", "magneto", or sometimes "solenoid".
I thought it looked a lot like Tony Stark's ARC reactor when I stumbled upon it looking for Han's unknown belt greeblies with the posts on top. I think for sure that those belt greeblies are vintage appliance (refrigerator) resistors from England, but who knows. Sorry for multiple attempts to derail with this comment.

I don't know if you are still wanting to do this, or have found the emitter, but I did see a lot of these on eBay:

View attachment 455481, View attachment 455482,

There are even some with the outer emitter portion. It's called a "stator" or you may find it by looking for "ignition coil", "magneto", or sometimes "solenoid".
I thought it looked a lot like Tony Stark's ARC reactor when I stumbled upon it looking for Han's unknown belt greeblies with the posts on top. I think for sure that those belt greeblies are vintage appliance (refrigerator) resistors from England, but who knows. Sorry for multiple attempts to derail with this comment.

When you say "the outer emitter" do you mean the whole piece (that looks like the obi Balance Pipe) If so, and you see another, could you point me. I see a lot of the coils, but none with that whole piece.

Last edited:
When you say "the otter emitter" do you mean the whole piece (that looks like the obi Balance Pipe) If so, and you see another, could you point me. I see a lot of the coils, but none with that whole piece.

NeoRutty,
I only stumbled upon one with the outer metal portion, and that was by accident, as I was searching for the belt greeblies for Han. Also, I should add that the outer metal portion of the mystery saber in Andymac84's post did not look exactly like the metal casing on the stator coil that I saw, but could likely be machined. Unfortunately, I saved the auction to my list but deleted it later once I decided that Marvel was a whole other world that I should stay out of. I didn't see this portion of this thread until after deleting it and now I can't remember how to get back to it. I thought it was for a Suzuki motorcycle/quad or some other smaller-than-a-car ignition coil though. If I run across it again, I'll PM you.

Last edited:
Yes I like it original too ... however for the Mechanismo book they used this picture in which the pommel has been opened up and the cubes reversed ......
Chaim

Ah yes. The mechanismo book. I also got an exemplar, but I never noticed that the cubes are reversed. :-0 Is it noticeable because of the placement of the D-rings hole??

No ... that D-ring hole is at the same spot ... you can take the handwheel apart into 4 parts ... so still put the D-ring hole at the same spot but with the longer angle edge of the cubes on the other side ... if that makes any sense at all :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back