Skyrim female Nightingale COMPLETE

Montayva13

So on my Facebook page I get asked a lot of 'how do you do this?' 'What materials do you use for x?'

Well, I've decided to make detailed blogs as I build each costume, and hopefully answer some of the questions people have wanted answers for.

My first WIP blog is the Nightingale build from Skyrim.

I started out with a template from JFCustom here on the forums. For advice on printing out, scaling and assembling templates, I recommend you take a look at his thread. Coz that's what I did :p http://www.therpf.com/f24/jfcustoms-foam-files-148889/

So assembling the template was no worries. Especially with some expert advice. I decided to use the thin (2.mm) sheets of craft foam. I started out with the chest, and I feel like this was a good place to start. Within two days of starting this project, it was already coming together quite quickly, and seeing progress like that has kept me quite motivated. I used the regular old hot glue to attach the foam pieces.

a week later and I had the torso complete. I used different coloured foam for each section.

Right now, I am working on detailing the foam, and I will update with more pics before I get to painting :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 1,987
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    770.3 KB · Views: 623
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    832.6 KB · Views: 628
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 663
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
Re: Skyrim female Nightingale WIP

Just a quick update with some pictures. I will go into more details of my methods when I get my kids off to school :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 696
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    865.4 KB · Views: 674
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    702.8 KB · Views: 538
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 597

Wow...as a Skyrim fan this blows me away. I look forward to your write up on the build itself, this is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. Great job.

You are doing a fantastic job! I promise it's not my bias towards all things The Elder Scrolls talking.

Secret: I was debating signing up here for ages, but this post is what finally tipped me onto doing it. Can't wait to see the completed project.

This is looking fantastic! Amazing just how much you can accomplish with something as simple as craft foam, with the right techniques and the motivation!

Thanks guys :)

ive been sick this last few days, so updates and tutorial have been on the back burner, so sorry about that. But I haven't forgotten it!

Do you still have the template file? I can't find it in JFcustom's thread. Thanks.

ah, yes I do, but I would feel more comfortable if you asked JF first. I know that sounds weird, and he didn't exactly tell me I couldn't share it with anyone, but it was his creation, and he might not have it added to his thread for a reason... sorry. but I will ask him also, in case I get questioned about it again elsewhere :)

I just wanted to say that you put together one very cool costume there,

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back