ESB Electrobinoculars SHOWOFF thread!!!

Yes, for what it is, very nicely done. And a good deal.
I've came across this:
http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=...ved=0CFEQrQMwEGoVChMIhq_wvJ_bxgIVwZdyCh1FTARV

Of course far away from the screen used one, but that's what I call recycling! :cool

I recently got a kit from OdiWan and I'm very excited to start the built soon. :)
btw, the parts of star wars site says that it was also seen in the ANH Special Edition. Is that fact?

"A" set of binocs is used by the Sandtroopers on Tantooine, so yes :)

Markus

Every time this thread goes to the top of the board, I am reminded that I need to weather the strap on my micro binoculars. It always looked funny having a pristine strap on a weathered item.

So I finally did it. Nothing special, a little vegetable oil, a little brown acrylic paint wash, a a few scratches with a butter knife.

IMG_2422.JPG

I echo the comments about the quality of Markus' kit. Really enjoyed building mine too.

binoculars16.jpg

Last edited:
Just noticed i never showed my ready binoc. (but i´m sure i posted a lot of in the works pics somewhere, maybe in the original sales thread?)

I only have my cellphone to take pics, so please be gentle if some colors seem "off" (especially the red looks way different on my notebookscreen)

Here it´s shown how i display it:

IMG_20150803_181601_zpscywout2o.jpg

The kit is so great, i hadn´t to glue the main parts. Indeed all the screws you see are not glued but tapped, and so the parts could be disassembled as the real one.

IMG_20150803_181400_zps27zjgjdw.jpg

The kit came together like a charme, so i could spend some time on a few upgrades. Most time went into the rework of the sunshield/hood.
New shape, no cutout for the on/off switch in the upper left corner, and also adding the other small details (V8 camshaft, brass screws, real lenses, metal eyepieces, metal clamp and insert on top, ...........)

Just some random pics:

IMG_20150803_181222_zpstkfencli.jpg

IMG_20150803_181050_zpsv4ehnjmv.jpg

IMG_20150803_181101_zpslmnxvlzj.jpg

IMG_20150803_181032_zpsrs5nen2u.jpg

I noticed i made no new pic from the front, so here is a older one, strap is still missing here.

BinocHoth014_zps98445874.jpg

BinocHoth012_zpse0aa274e.jpg

In case he starts a new run - get one while you can. :D

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back