Big Trouble in Little China

Wonder if there is a car kit with the swan, it's Google Time!!!!

hahaha funny , closest i can find is a rolls royce flying woman , but i have found a guy with a custom truck and he has one , ive pm him and waiting for a reply , hopefully he will get back to me , but im pretty sure this is the swan on jacks truck same blue wings
image.jpeg

Last edited:

ive looked again and the neck is bent down more this is the one , hundred percent

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEM-PACKARD...ket-/191525987195?hash=item2c97d6a37b&vxp=mtr

image.pngimage.jpeg im probwbly being to anal , but i did notice it lol , so now i have to try find one , the closest i can find is on a guys custom truck i guess that will,have to do ..

I've got a swan in the right size - it'll be part of the photo etch and resin that George will be selling... we're still working on it. Lots of little stuff, to do still, but we're making good headway!

If you want to buy one yourself, eBay search "Anson Packard" and 1/24th diecast cars will show up.

I had a go at weathering the chrome tonight as jacks is shiny but weathered looks pretty good not sure weather to aclad chrome or stick with this ..

image.jpegimage.jpegLooks pretty good

Last edited:
What did you use? It looks great to me,

I got humbrols weathering dust wash smeared it on and dabbed it off I then got dark weathering powder mud color and smeared it up and down , it keeps the chrome shine but looks weathered you can only see fine scratches under really bright light it's under , I want to keep it chrome like the film and not aluminium paint tbh il do the grills and other bits and see how I go , I can always prime and spray it with alclad chrome off it ends up not good , but the chrome isn't great on paints and in the film the chrome shine is still there I also I rubbed with a brush into the chrome wheels which very slightly dulls them to

Just got a sealed Freightliner Conventional for $150 so our aftermarket kit will benefit from the extended sleeper. Thanks to Jonnieboy for figuring that out!

Here's the Jack (put a sub or a CB in his hand, lol):

Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 8.12.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 8.12.06 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Moffeaton,

Jack looks fantastic!! Are you going to do a Harley Davidson decal for his hat?

Jonnieboy,

I got the Italeri kit pictured. 1372341878-67908600.jpg

Just got a sealed Freightliner Conventional for $150 so our aftermarket kit will benefit from the extended sleeper. Thanks to Jonnieboy for figuring that out!

Here's the Jack (put a sub or a CB in his hand, lol):

View attachment 534100
oh man that is cool il have one of them

- - - Updated - - -

Moffeaton,

Jack looks fantastic!! Are you going to do a Harley Davidson decal for his hat?

Jonnieboy,

I got the Italeri kit pictured. View attachment 534139
you know that has the wrong sleeper though are you gona fabricate it I can give you exact measurements iff you need

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i won't lighting this truck up , found it impossible to airbrush white so I rattle canned it doesn't look great but it is my first model I guess I should of shelved this till I got more experience , glue and paint on Windows the lot Hahahaha , when I see these perfect trucks on the net I'm filled with envy I so want my models like that but il get it in time I guess , I've rubbed this down about five times hahaha here is a couple pics

image.jpegimage.jpegJust wish I could do good paint job the trailer is ok so il do this kit again maybe in future and when the guy releases the China kit

Jonnieboy,

You can hide some of the paint problems by weathering the truck so it looks like it did at the end of the movie. As for the trailer, I wouldn't worry about it as I doubt Jack had a trailer of his own. I'd stick with the dirty silver/aluminium look myself.

Don

Jonnieboy,

You can hide some of the paint problems by weathering the truck so it looks like it did at the end of the movie. As for the trailer, I wouldn't worry about it as I doubt Jack had a trailer of his own. I'd stick with the dirty silver/aluminium look myself.

Don
Yeah I was thinking that about the weathering so il stick with it , the trailer is fine though turned out good and it's the same trailer he had at the start of the film , just got to wait for funds now to get decals and printer etc but it's slowly getting there

Jonnieboy,

I know you want to get the Pork Chop Express finished but let's see what Moffeaton comes up with for the decals before you lash out for the printer. All in good time my friend.

Jonnieboy,

I know you want to get the Pork Chop Express finished but let's see what Moffeaton comes up with for the decals before you lash out for the printer. All in good time my friend.
Lol yeah I know what you mean but I think it's gona be a kit you buy not sure iff sold separately , but I may do the model again iff and when kit comes out and shelve it till I get perfection , I also need a printer with scanner and to do my own decals in futurE , I've just had a lone star truck delivered I may switch to that for now till mof comes up with decals , thanks for advice

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back