eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

That's weird. Last I checked they had sold half of the full paid Legends in the first 30 mins or so and there were maybe a third left as of last night?

Edit: well it appears to be a bit more than a third left but what I'm seeing is definitely showing over half are sold.

Last edited:
For what it's worth some USA people might be willing to order FOR YOU overseas folks... get it... and ship it to you... naturally you'd pay for the actual shipping, but even insured USPS will be less than insane fedex.

I'd be willing for one or two to help out.

The problem is trusting random folks. Which I would be very hesitant to do.

I got the LEGEND pre-ordered on the $300 non-refundable deposit. BUT...I have absolutely zero interest in the blaster or larger base that it comes with.

So - I'm throwing this out there for someone who has purchased the LIMITED edition. I'd be willing to sell the base and Blaster from my LEGEND for the $200 price difference if someone wants to take it off my hands. It would be great if we could do a part trade for the smaller base that comes with the Limited so we both end up with a display stand for our helmets. Shoot me a PM if this is of interest to anyone.
Thanks.
Chris

I got the LEGEND pre-ordered on the $300 non-refundable deposit. BUT...I have absolutely zero interest in the blaster or larger base that it comes with.

So - I'm throwing this out there for someone who has purchased the LIMITED edition. I'd be willing to sell the base and Blaster from my LEGEND for the $200 price difference if someone wants to take it off my hands. It would be great if we could do a part trade for the smaller base that comes with the Limited so we both end up with a display stand for our helmets. Shoot me a PM if this is of interest to anyone.
Thanks.
Chris
I'd take the base off your hands if you want to let it go.

For what it's worth some USA people might be willing to order FOR YOU overseas folks... get it... and ship it to you... naturally you'd pay for the actual shipping, but even insured USPS will be less than insane fedex.

I'd be willing for one or two to help out.

The problem is trusting random folks. Which I would be very hesitant to do.

Thats a very kind thing to say man. Maybe for a future legend. I've put my non refundable deposit down for the limited so I don't want to lose that this time.If my distributor get his hands on a legend then I'm sure he'd be happy to swap the deposit over though. :)

The whole distributor thing saves us guys an arm and a leg. My purchase accounts for about $130 shipping and tax on top of the price with the exchange rate accounted for too which is just awesome.

Ben

Here's the facts surrounding the weathering job.
I've examined all the helmets in the archives, as well as the one now owned by propstore (previously owned by S.Sansweet).
I can tell you that the weathering on all the originals still around have a LOT of variance to them.
Some had more intense weathering, some had less, but they were all done in the same manner.
When I weathered the prototype legend, I modeled it directly off the original we used from the archives (which had about a medium level of weathering compared to the others). Some were lighter, some were heavier. The one we modeled the prototype after was about in the middle.
If you don't prefer the styling of the weathering of the prototype, then what that really means is that you don't really prefer the look of the weathering on the original helmets, not that we did a poor job replicating it. It actually is a very close match.

Here's a shot of the original helmet we referenced that Bryan posted over on Rebelscum:

If you closely examine the weathering on the original helmets, they appear to be a bit on the random sloppy side. But that's how they were done for the film.
Paint overspray. But performed in a deliberate random way if that makes sense.
On film they look great and the weathering doesn't really stand out with the rest of the costume and environment. Holding the helmet in your hands the weathering just sort of becomes more 'noticeable'. It's like you are for the first time, truly noticing the details and styling of the original helmets.

But rather than perform an idealized weathering job, we chose to match the weathering as it was done for the originals.
And since we had fantastic in-hand reference of an original helmet, that was the one I used to match the weathering to.

Here's a shot of a guy wearing the weathered prototype at NYCC this past Oct.
For me seeing it on a person just drives home how important using original molds is regarding the correct look.
Just awesome. Looks straight out of the movie. And in a shot like this, the weathering just looks totally as it should and you don't really notice it standing out.

Now if you just have a preference for 'as first built - clean' props, then that's an entirely different thing.

Exactly as I saw the weathering from word go. Just like the originals. Nicely done Gino. :)

Ben

Personally I think the weathering is about dead on for the real helmets I've seen photos of, and the reason I went with the Legend. Gonna look great next to my other Epic lids.

This is the first bucket I've ordered from EFX and the first in about 7 years. I truly hope that it's worth it as I've waited for a quality Scout helm since I got into this hobby some 13 years ago.

Yeah, I really like the lineage of it. Now, I'm just hoping we can at least get a limited run of the upcoming ANH Hero helmets in ABS too! That'll be another first. They are offering them with the full suit so hopefully they'll be offered individually too.

Hi GINO,

I went ahead and pre-ordered the LEGEND even though I much prefer the look of the weathering on the helmet that's featured on the vintage Kenner Biker Scout figure cardback. My only concern about this is how close are the factory going to get to matching the prototype weathering that you did? There was a lot of variance on the X-Wing helmet replicas and the weathering was done pretty poorly on all of the ones that I had to choose from. I'd hate to open the LEGEND box only to find that someone at the factory has gone overboard with the weathering and there's lots of really large black blobs on the helmet instead of the more misted "splatter" effect. Hopefully there will be some very strict quality control on these before they're shipped out to customers?

Chris

I've examined all the helmets in the archives, as well as the one now owned by propstore (previously owned by S.Sansweet).
I can tell you that the weathering on all the originals still around have a LOT of variance to them.
Some had more intense weathering, some had less, but they were all done in the same manner.
When I weathered the prototype legend, I modeled it directly off the original we used from the archives (which had about a medium level of weathering compared to the others). Some were lighter, some were heavier. The one we modeled the prototype after was about in the middle.
If you don't prefer the styling of the weathering of the prototype, then what that really means is that you don't really prefer the look of the weathering on the original helmets, not that we did a poor job replicating it. It actually is a very close match.

Here's a shot of the original helmet we referenced that Bryan posted over on Rebelscum:
http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/.../Biker Scout Helmet/ScreenUsedScoutHelmet.jpg

If you closely examine the weathering on the original helmets, they appear to be a bit on the random sloppy side. But that's how they were done for the film.
On film they look great and the weathering doesn't really stand out with the rest of the costume and environment. Holding the helmet in your hands the weathering just sort of becomes more 'noticeable'. It's like you are for the first time, truly noticing the details and styling of the original helmets.

But rather than perform an idealized weathering job, we chose to match the weathering as it was done for the originals.
And since we had fantastic in-hand reference of an original helmet, that was the one I used to match the weathering to.

For me seeing it on a person just drives home how important using original molds is regarding the correct look.
Just awesome. Looks straight out of the movie. And in a shot like this, the weathering just looks totally as it should and you don't really notice it standing out.

Now if you just have a preference for 'as first built - clean' props, then that's an entirely different thing.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums...30C2D862-717-0000007CEECE2EE4_zps1a5c43dd.jpg

We'll do our best to get the factory in line.
Did you see the weathering on the Wedge helmet and Legend Maul saber? I thought it was fantastic work, not just for a factory but for anyone.
I was very impressed.

Hi GINO,

I didn't see the Wedge helmet or Maul Saber in person so that's good to hear if EFX are using a factory that is able to produce excellent weathering paintjobs.

One other question that I asked earlier which you may have missed in the thread.

Can you confirm if the LEGEND helmet is painted white like the LIMITED or is it actually just white ABS? If it's just white unpainted ABS, how has the visor been done so it can be formed in one piece? If it's formed in 2 pieces, I assume that it must be painted to hide the filled / sanded seam line at the join?
I'm hoping that it's not a fiberglass painted visor attached to an unpainted white ABS helmet though because I'm pretty sure that over time, the color of the painted part will "yellow" differently to the ABS parts.

Some clarification would be much appreciated thanks.

Chris

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/.../Biker Scout Helmet/ScreenUsedScoutHelmet.jpg

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums...30C2D862-717-0000007CEECE2EE4_zps1a5c43dd.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back