The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion (Spoilers)

Yeah, it made no sense to be in such a hurry now that the immediate threat had been eliminated. Wait a couple days at least to see if Daryl and Carol return ya know?

See how good the show could be if they stuck to the comic? The whole Bob thing was right out of the comics, except it was Dale getting eaten and being 'tainted' The brutality of slaughtering the Hunters was right out of the comic. It's a shame they don't keep to it more.

See how good the show could be if they stuck to the comic? The whole Bob thing was right out of the comics, except it was Dale getting eaten and being 'tainted' The brutality of slaughtering the Hunters was right out of the comic. It's a shame they don't keep to it more.
It's funny, I have always felt that the show is at it's best when it goes somewhere else. In the past, when it has attempted the comic, it's been so watered down that it's pointless. The governor arc was painful because of that.

But the back half of the season after (the road to terminus) was the best it ever was. Clear storytelling. Sure, there were themes they explore in the comic, but they didn't tie themselves to it.

I also loved the CDC story in season one. It had nothing to do with the comic

The single worst episode of the whole series. Didn't even feel like I was watching Walking Dead. Beth's character deserves better.

The single worst episode of the whole series. Didn't even feel like I was watching Walking Dead. Beth's character deserves better.

Actually, it felt like it was a setup for another episode, and nothing more to me.

Yeah, really didn't make a lot of sense. Plus, how do the cops get up and down out of the building so quick?

I think the idea is that they do have a working elevator that goes up and down. I have only seen the episode once, but I think either the keycard or the key that Beth took was the thing that gave the police access to the elevator (I can't be sure, but I think the plan was to take the key to the functional elevator so that the police couldn't get down to the main floor after they discovered Beth and what's his name had managed to get off the floor), but Beth was given the incorrect info on what key it was (as there were several) and took the wrong one. I could very well be wrong on this interpretation. Like I said, I've only seen the episode once.

Well, they were bound to screw up a winning streak sooner or later. :unsure

I was just starting to trust the showrunner and then BAM!!! We get a big, weird steamer.

-Rylo

Another boring episode, but it was nice to be back in the city. A change of scenery goes a long way. Having said that, I'm running out of interest. I can't be bothered to read the comic anymore either. Too much same old same. The premise has worn thin.

Thought the "police" uniforms looked off for some reason... more like 'mall rent a thug' with a pistol belt than Atlanta PD.

Who thinks the kid that got away was brought back to the church by Daryl to set up the Rescue by Rick future episode?
Seems someone should have kept their sheriff's uniform.

I think the idea is that they do have a working elevator that goes up and down. I have only seen the episode once, but I think either the keycard or the key that Beth took was the thing that gave the police access to the elevator (I can't be sure, but I think the plan was to take the key to the functional elevator so that the police couldn't get down to the main floor after they discovered Beth and what's his name had managed to get off the floor), but Beth was given the incorrect info on what key it was (as there were several) and took the wrong one. I could very well be wrong on this interpretation. Like I said, I've only seen the episode once.

I don't think that was an elevator key card for that hospital. I think that scene is when Beth figured out that the guy who died was another doctor.

Thought the "police" uniforms looked off for some reason... more like 'mall rent a thug' with a pistol belt than Atlanta PD.

Who thinks the kid that got away was brought back to the church by Daryl to set up the Rescue by Rick future episode?
Seems someone should have kept their sheriff's uniform.

This is my guess as well.

Well with a certain someone being wheeled into the hospital at the end, I have a feeling that it will only end in blood and tears for the folks there. They are breaking Survival Rule #2.

Rule #1 - Don't screw with Rick or the people he loves. It will only end in pain and misery for you, likely by either his bare hands, teeth, or any conveniently available red-handled machete.

Rule #2 - Don't screw with Carol or the people she loves. She will rain down an unholy firestorm of retribution on your head, and she ain't afraid of covering herself in zombie guts and bloody mud to do it.

I get the spoiler tag if you have inside knowledge of the show or are talking about stuff from the comic that is likely to appear in future episodes, but..c'mon, they showed Carol being wheeled in to the hospital in this week's episode. That is not a spoiler.

It could be Morgan with Daryl too. They teased him at the close of this season's first episode and haven't shown him since.

guy..........................
that looked like carol

Forget looked like Carol. It IS Carol. And I'm betting the person that was with Daryl in the last episode was the kid from the hospital, the one that Beth tried to escape with and got away. He's going to tell Rick and Company where Beth and Carol are, and they're going to go get their people.

I don't think that was an elevator key card for that hospital. I think that scene is when Beth figured out that the guy who died was another doctor.

But I think one of the two items was meant to be a key to the functional elevator and Beth got the wrong key (which in turn probably lead to her being recaptured because they used the right key to get down in time). That was what I meant.

Last edited:
I get the spoiler tag if you have inside knowledge of the show or are talking about stuff from the comic that is likely to appear in future episodes, but..c'mon, they showed Carol being wheeled in to the hospital in this week's episode. That is not a spoiler.

It could be Morgan with Daryl too. They teased him at the close of this season's first episode and haven't shown him since.

I'm pretty sure we won't see Morgan much this season since the they were talking about the actor's commitments to another show at this time and the scheduling problems involved on the first episode of Talking Dead this season. I believe that flash of Morgan was more of a future setup

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back