STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Does anyone have a theory to why the jedi decided to reveal himself to storm troopers rather than keep his identiy/lightsaber secret? To me it seems like a huge risk that will only attract the attention of the empire and the sith.

Think it was their last resort, since they were pinned down.

I liked the pilot overall, thought it was solid. The art style took a little getting used to after several seasons of CW, but it works. I thought the writing and voice acting worked well, more so since this is a pilot. The things I didn't like was the hour-long pilot started feeling repetitive about 2/3 through (how many times are they gonna bust into an Imperial whatever and rescue people in the first episode?) and everything seemed too easy for the team. Also if Kanan is going to be one of the main protagonists, they're going to need to flesh him out more, he seemed too vanilla and all the earlier marketing led me to believe he was going to be more of a cowboy.

I'm not much of a fan of the side animated series' that have been out (and I know I need to give CW another chance after that crap of an animated movie they did to introduce the series). I actually REALLY liked how they introduced Rebels and had a good mix of things. It's also nice to see some familiar tech with the ships and troopers we know and like to see.

I think it touches nice on something new for the kids while paying homage to the classic for adults. I'll be tuning in to future episodes for sure.

On a side note.... Disney is sure doing a crazy job at marketing the crap out of that show in the toy line. I walked in to a Walmart and they had the caliber of display I woul dhave expected from a feature film release! They sure bought a lot of floor space for product!

On a side note.... Disney is sure doing a crazy job at marketing the crap out of that show in the toy line. I walked in to a Walmart and they had the caliber of display I woul dhave expected from a feature film release! They sure bought a lot of floor space for product!

I'll have to check my local Target then to see if they have the same, I want to pick up an Agent Kallus figure to use as reference for making his costume.

Sorry Disney. FAIL.

2lj14zt.jpg

Get your *****ing act together.

Sorry Disney. FAIL.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2lj14zt.jpg

Get your *****ing act together.

Yeah I hate the itunes store with a passion. Where I live (in Luxembourg) it doesn't even have TV series for sale. We had to create a fake french account and use french prepaid cards to have some diversity on our AppleTV. We have the DisneyXD app but no way to use it... ><
How can you NOT be tempted to get the latest US releases by other means when they create barriers like these..?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

you lot may want to consider placing some if that ire in your own countries TV broadcast laws...

Oh, it's nothing to do with any particular local law. It's how Disney have scheduled the broadcast of the series. If they have in their infinite wisdom decided to stagger the release of this in different regions as the big corps still insist on doing then they obviously don't release to the local online outlets as well.

The BBC can do it with Doctor Who and simulcast. SO NO REASON Disney can't.

I doubt that the UK govt have any interest in if we get Star Wars or not. :) Their only concern in that respect is if it has been certified for broadcast (Age graded) and that can easily be arranged so that it can be certified and broadcast at the same time.

No it's 100% a local licensing/release issue and that is 100% in Disney's court.

I'm not much of a fan of the side animated series' that have been out (and I know I need to give CW another chance after that crap of an animated movie they did to introduce the series). I actually REALLY liked how they introduced Rebels and had a good mix of things. It's also nice to see some familiar tech with the ships and troopers we know and like to see.

I think it touches nice on something new for the kids while paying homage to the classic for adults. I'll be tuning in to future episodes for sure.

DO give CW another chance, if you're able. The movie was jarring--Anakin has a padawan? "Skyguy"? But Ahsoka becomes one of the great characters of the SW mythos. She's amazing (and like most people, I LOATHED her at first). Other characters, such as Cad Bane and Hondo are just as deserving of admiration as the supporting cast of the OT. Although honestly I'd say a full 20% of the episodes were blah, when it was on, it was REALLY on.

STAR WARS REBELS DEBUTED WITH 6.5 MILLION VIEWERS (2.7 IN THE U.S.)!
Nice work, Star Wars Rebels! BY JASON WARD (EDITOR-IN-CHIEF) OCTOBER 6, 2014
http://makingstarwars.net/2014/10/tar-wars-rebels-debuted-6-5-million-viewers-2-7-u-s/

Star Wars Rebels debuted with 6.5 million viewers across the world. That number is really solid for a show of its ilk. Star Wars: The Clone Wars only counted U.S. numbers, however. So with 2.7 viewers in the U.S., the numbers are fairly equivalent to The Clone Wars in certain respects. 6.5 million viewers is nothing to shake a stick at though and it should be noted that generally speaking, Disney XD numbers do not really compete with Cartoon Network numbers, at least until now. This outing was on The Disney Channel however. So the numbers on XD might be a bit different still.

Star Wars Rebels as I’ve said before, is a show that does our fandom and the overall saga of Star Wars proud. It deserves these numbers and more.

I for one look forward to several seasons of Star Wars Rebels and the founding of the rebel alliance. With a second season already ordered, you have reason to be comfortable investing in these characters and honestly, the show is so rewarding you won’t have a hard time falling into it, if you haven’t already.

Congratulations to the crew, cast, and marketing team behind Star Wars Rebels!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back