NEW: ALIEN Emergency Helmet from NOSTROMO!

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It’s the latest from Stephen Laboyteaux of ALIEN Environmental Suit fame! :D

ALIEN Emergency Helmet!

You recall this from the opening scene of ALIEN, where the Nostromo computer wakes up and the two helmets appear to be "talking" to each other. (the helmets are there throughout the movie but that's their big scene).

aliendc_0127.jpg

These are not actually for sale, it was just a small run he did for some friends. I contributed by drawing the many registration marks and decals that cover the helmet.

Superb!

P1170526.jpg

ktateonleft-btsframegrabonright.jpg

P1170532.jpg

P1170530.jpg

P1170529.jpg

P1170527.jpg

2helmets.jpg

alien-emergenhelm7.jpg

Last edited:
LOVIN IT...top work. Does it have an interior padded section so you can wear it? Looks like the original has one.

Great work. You must be proud of it.

Thanks! Mine does not have the interior padded section, that part on the original was ripped out from an aviation pressure suit. Rather complex and unique. It was suggested that a scuba hood might make an acceptable substitute.

Also the prop helmets look similar to one another but are assembled different ways. This one that was on Propstore has the dark and clear visors attached to each other, and the pivot mechanism is different. The one mine was based on, has got the dark visor attached to the helmet itself.

13391.jpg

Nick, only a sculptor would notice that!

k

Last edited:
It's amazing that, once you start looking for them, you find those helmets all over the damn film. :lol

riphires.jpg

Also, it's kind of inexplicable why there's a RIPLEY nameplate where the white spacesuit was hanging. They can't possibly have white suits for all seven astronauts in that little closet.

It's almost as if the set dresser had read the script! :lol

Karl

Last edited:
What's the red heart shaped flap on the front for? A cannon purpose or is it just to make it unique?

I'll field that one. The Emergency Helmet is made in part from bits of an R.A.F. "Taylor" Type E partial pressure helmet

14674_0760_1_lg.jpg

The red hatch allows for insertion of a drinking tube, or, in direr circumstances, allows you to... er, vomit. :sick

Note how for ALIEN they moved the red hatch from the chin of the helmet dome, to the middle of the faceplate visor itself!

k

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back