Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Re: Project updates 30 Nov: Hoth A295 V2 completed

Visor slider or visor hood?

I am referring to the "slider" attached to the rear-sight, where you adjust the actual distance to target...know what I mean (see pic)?

attachment.php

I just realized the scope ring is clipped to the slide sight?!

I always wonder how people mount scopes to the tops of blasters without screwing down a dovetail plate..like the AR-7 :lol it's obvious with the GK they used a weaver mount screwed to the side bracket.

However the prop dept. did this on the molding master, WE have to drill/ screw down the lower part of the scope ring to the sight base :wacko

I propose that we need a prop tax around here... Every time Marcus or Markus gets 5 new props, they have to give one away to us less fortunate!!! LOL!!!

Serious question... What are you guys going to do when you realize that you have one of every version of EVERY prop from all things Star Wars???

At this point YOU GOTTA BE GETTIN CLOSE!!!! ;)

The Hoth rifle looks amazing!!! Now go scuff the crap out of it for accuracy sake... I bet none of them looked THAT good even before filming! :p

I'm afraid I will never catch up to the Master but am happy to settle for second place! Seriously, I will never be in a financial position to buy an MG34, MG42, MG15, Webley and Schermully (that's assuming I could even find them all). Not in this lifetime anyway!

Oh, there are still many odd-ball blasters and lesser known variants out there but as much as I want them all I don't have the time, the money.... or the space!

I'm afraid I will never catch up to the Master but am happy to settle for second place! Seriously, I will never be in a financial position to buy an MG34, MG42, MG15, Webley and Schermully (that's assuming I could even find them all). Not in this lifetime anyway!

Oh, there are still many odd-ball blasters and lesser known variants out there but as much as I want them all I don't have the time, the money.... or the space!

Same here. A guy had a MG34 with a solid aluminum receiver at a local gun show and I can't remember the exact price, but I might have passed out for a sec when I heard it. :lol I *might* eventually see if I could scratchbuild something close. That's a big project though.

You might not be able to catch up with regards to some specific blasters, BUT
- you basically have all or at least most of the blasters and its variations that I own already (even if some of them being resin)
- YOU my dear friend are the REAL blaster master, when it comes to screen accuracy and recreating even the tiniest details....my hat´s off to you, you know that ;)
- you have a much broader range of props (and I am just talking about SW, not even counting all the other stuff) incl. costumes, HIC etc.
that is something I will never be able to because of my limitations to one room.

and YES, there are still enough blasters, sabers etc. left to build :cool

Both blaster looks great. They really didn't make too many changes to the base gun. Looks the part though.

Project updates 11 December: ESB M19/M32 scopes

Thanks Animal! I hope to finally finish my other one as well as soon as I find another domed Singlepoint (cheap!) Just realised today I forgot to post my finished IG88 blaster... something for the weekend...

Anyway, I now have enough of these to finish my other ESB blasters.
M19s1.jpg

M19s2.jpg

M19s3.jpg

Re: Project updates 11 December: ESB M19/M32 scopes

The one on the left in the 2nd pic?

Wow, whether or not that's correct... It is pretty indistinguishable!

Very nice!

Does it have lenses?

Re: Project updates 11 December: ESB M19/M32 scopes

Actually, that one is real. The resin one is on the right here and it's the lenses that give it away since I just cannibalized them from other scopes and they are not accurate.
M19s8.jpg

M19s9.jpg

M19s4.jpg

Here's some of the weathering I copied from one of the real ones.
M19s5.jpg

M19s6.jpg

The one on the left in the 2nd pic?

Wow, whether or not that's correct... It is pretty indistinguishable!

Very nice!

Does it have lenses?

Project updates 17 December: ESB blasters accurate lens material

I've started replacing the old scope lenses in my ESB 'stunt' blasters with accurate reflective lens material.

Old (solid resin Hoth A295 I no longer own):
lenses8.jpg

New:
esbdh176.jpg

Screen used:
ESB%20lenses.jpg

It really is a perfect match and is still used today and looks exactly the same. Just search the vehicle parts category on ebay for clear reflectors.

Finished IG88 blaster.
ig8817.jpg

ig8818.jpg

ig8819.jpg

ig8820.jpg

ig8821.jpg

ig8822.jpg

And upgraded ESB DH17.
esbdh171_1.jpg

esbdh172_1.jpg

esbdh173_1.jpg

esbdh174.jpg

Lonepigeon pointed this out back in 2008, that the tip of the scopes on the ESB blasters is also this same material.
esbdh177.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Project updates 17 December: ESB blasters accurate lens material

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] gorgeous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back