Fifth Element prop builds & acquisitions 15 Feb 2016: Mangalore rifle sling

Re: Fifth Element prop builds. 31 Oct: Winner ticket update.

I was going to use Tee's ticket and just make the envelope and pop-up, but his ticket is about 10% too big so I'm making my own.
ticket6.jpg

Re: Fifth Element prop builds. 01 Nov: Winner ticket update.

A few minor mistakes to correct. Next I'll work on the NYC MAIL envelope. It doesn't pop up yet, but it will!
ticket8.jpg

Just like the original, there are two tickets separated by a semi-transparent piece of paper.
ticket9.jpg

Comparison with an original and Tee's replica.
ticket7.jpg

Re: Fifth Element prop builds. 2 Nov: Winner ticket update.

Thanks!

Just finished the envelope although it's just a prototype. The plastic bag is a bit creased but was the only one I could find handy that was the correct size. New ones are on the way.
winner9.jpg

Fifth Element prop builds. 6 Nov: Winner ticket pop-up working (video)

After several attempts I got the pop-up to work. Thanks to Matt for his assistance with all things Fifth Element as usual. :)

Click the thumbnail for video (the video was not juddery before I uploaded it!)

Next I'll be adding the sound...

Re: Fifth Element prop builds. 6 Nov: Winner ticket pop-up working (video)

You're killing it dude! If you did a run of these I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Re: Fifth Element prop builds. 12 Nov: ZF1 remote

I've seen some while searching google images for sure!

Re: Fifth Element prop builds. 13 Nov: ZF1 remote / Fhloston Paradise tickets update

Just finished the final prototype for the Fhloston Paradise tickets.

The envelope is now noticeably fatter than it was...
winner14.jpg

winner15.jpg

That's because it has one of these greeting card sound modules inside!
winner10.jpg

These work with a reed switch that has a thin piece of plastic between the contacts which is pulled out to close the switch. There is a piece of clear plastic on the back of the tickets, folded up slightly at the end.
winner12.jpg

I added internal 'rails' to the envelope so that the tickets can easily be inserted and the clear plastic strip lines up with the switch automatically.
winner11.jpg

It just slides into place with no effort.
winner13.jpg

Re: Fifth Element prop builds 13 Nov:ZF1 remote / Fhloston Paradise tickets w/sound (

Forgot to add that I cut the record button off once I had finished recording, otherwise it could be accidentally pressed and the recording would be erased. I also cut the microphone off since it's useless without the record button and sticks out too far.

Fifth Element prop builds / acquisitions. 16 Nov:Mangalore Grenade &President's Phone

Finished upgrades to the President's phone. Switch relocated and electronics rewired and much more secure.
presphone2.jpg

presphone1.jpg

presphone3.jpg

I reacquired one of Russrep's Mangalore Grenades recently, courtesy of Mr. Munsen. I sold my old one while saving for a house move years ago and always planned on replacing it one day. Lovely piece.
mangaloregrenade1.jpg

mangaloregrenade2.jpg

mangaloregrenade3.jpg

mangaloregrenade4.jpg

Re: Fifth Element prop builds & acquisitions 16 Nov:Mangalore Grenade & President's P

Mangalore rifle is finally ready for paint. What does everybody think for the black coat on the hero rifles? Looks like satin black but also looks matt in some pictures. The really shiny areas could just be polishing from handling. Also, the barrels on the hero are probably aluminium tubes so look much cleaner.

Hero is on the right.
stunthero.jpg

hero1.jpg

mangalore20.jpg

rails1.jpg

Re: Fith Element Mangalore rifle build

Wow impressive work!

Thanks very much guys.

Difficult seams are now gone.
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/kurtyboy2/props2/mangalore21.jpg

Serial number plate just needs the numbers stamped into the aluminium as soon as I get the die stamps.
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/kurtyboy2/props2/mangalore22.jpg

And got this update from my metal guy, Sidewinder :)
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/kurtyboy2/props2/mangalore23.jpg

Fifth Element prop builds & acquisitions 7 Dec: Started painting the Mangalore rifle

Rain and snow stopped today (still didn't help that half the spray paint was blown away in the wind) so I was able to get a few coats of black down on one side of the Mangalore rifle.

mangalore44.jpg

Matt black was definitely the right choice.
mangalore46.jpg

Re: Fifth Element prop builds & acquisitions 7 Dec - Started painting the Mangalore r

Cheers. I was really hoping to get the black paint finished this weekend but yesterday was pee-ing down and today was sub-zero. Will have to try again next weekend because it's dark by the time I get home during the week. :facepalm

Fifth Element prop builds & acquisitions 25 December : Multipass colored rods

I still haven't been able to get out and finish painting the Mangalore rifle due to continuous rain and/or wind!

Anyway, I came up with a little something for the colored Multipass rods...

I also installed new clear domes into the buttons with the 'nipple' intact! (Thanks Matt).

multipass38.jpg

multipass37.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back