Efx has a new $300 Darth Vader (precision cast replica) Helmet

We'll be making an official announcement with a lot more info very soon. The pics posted from NYCC are of a VERY early prototype.
In the meantime what I can say is that from just a couple feet away this helmet could be confused for one of the fiberglass limited or legend helmets.
This project has supremely exceeded my expectations for an injected molded helmet.

As far as everything else goes, they are either being worked on at the factory level or still in some stage of development.

Last edited:
That's nice to hear but talk is cheap and I wish you would focus more effort to fulfill your current obligations to other people first before you start trying to churn out other products considering you have had their money for a while on some "preorders".

The amber color lenses are accurate for ANH if you go by what you see on screen - there are a few places where light shines through the lenses...and they're dark amber.

The ESB and RotJ lenses definitely appear to be black. Could be lighting, but it's more likely a combination of both lighting and darker lenses - even if they're much darker amber lenses.

I would totally pick this helmet up, if I didn't already have the eFX Limited. It's beautiful, from every angle & in every lighting. & if by ordering this helmet actually helps eFX finish & ship out their Biker Scout?.... then I say, buy it people!!! I just want my Legend :cry
As far as the "no preorder" bit goes, they might be ready to go now (or very soon). I ordered, & received, the Death Star modules I think within the time promised. & yes, I ordered the modules hoping that it'd help with the Scout lid. After all, I just want my Legend.

Last edited:
I'm all over this, whenever they get released...I love my PCR stormtrooper helmet. Perfect pieces to display for fun without breaking the bank.

Jason

Precision cast means injection plastic right? Just like the new First Order Anovos Stormtrooper helmet?

More like the EFX PCR stormy. I have both the EFX PCR Stormy and the Anovos Stormy. EFX is more idealized and heavier.

I think a number of TFA Stormy owners said, like my Anovos Stormy, that the Anovos TFA Stormy is much lighter.

If this happens it will be an awesome helmet for idealized props fans.

Plus endless modding possibilities.

Tom

Honestly, at this point I have to believe it's a vaporware product to try to keep the business afloat. But, if they start delivering them at that price, I'll probably jump in on them and get one.

If this ever shows up then I'll likely bite. I'm very happy with my PCR Stormie (after I replaced the green lenses).

For $300 these will be quite cool for trooping (lighter than fiberglass) and for budget displays (compared to LE/LG helmets prices). Especially considering they will be reasonably accurate too.hopefully they will be released in time. And hopefully EFX will not forget about the many other items they promised, from helmets to studio scale.

I think they seen all the money anovos was raking in and figured they try for a piece of it. I would not bite unless it was an in stock item and I received a shipping tracking number moments after I purchased. No way if it was a pre-order

why are they developing all this new stuff when they can't seem to actually deliver product. They ar are desperately in neede of someone to clean up that business. It's a mess.

for you vader buffs out there based on the photos shown on EFX compared to the photos shown on anovos page which would be better?

Anovos does come in fiberglass and with padding but if EFX is more accurate then I think it would be best to go with them.

sorry for the newb question im still getting used to telling the differences on the vader helmets.

for you vader buffs out there based on the photos shown on EFX compared to the photos shown on anovos page which would be better?Anovos does come in fiberglass and with padding but if EFX is more accurate then I think it would be best to go with them.sorry for the newb question im still getting used to telling the differences on the vader helmets.
I would say firstly decide if you prefer ANH or ESB style better

I would say in terms of accuracy the EFX has the "it" factor that a lot of Vader suffer today (including the Anovos). Even with the few things that are way off, it really does capture the overall look of the original. It's ANH but can really easily be turned in to an ESB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, at this point I have to believe it's a vaporware product to try to keep the business afloat. But, if they start delivering them at that price, I'll probably jump in on them and get one.

There isn't any way to preorder it, so how would vaporware keep the business afloat?

It sounds like it will be available for order when they are ready to start shipping. I would wait until photos of the final product and/or reviews are available.

Obviously there are other options. We won't know how they compare until the final product is released.

Honestly the photos of the Anovos don't impress me much. I am also more interested in the ANH helmet than the ESB so this efx may be of interest to me. The previous efx Vaders cost more than I want to spend.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back