Rogue One Vader costume

I think this debate is getting a bit...stupid

Frankly, I can care less. It seems all these complaints are about versions that are present in the OT, not Rogue One. Different films, different armor, just F'in deal with it.

Vader? Yea, I'll admit I'd be happy if it were a truly or even moderately the same as the ANH version, but it won't be, there's no physical way it can be 100% the same. One thing for sure is that they definitely won't be painting the helmet the same way as the originals..

Here are the first oficial images for the movie depicting Vader. They're not pictures but judging by the way the artist captured everyoneelses likeness (that we've already seen), its a safe bet that this is what Vader looks like in the movie. Although according to the paint pattern on the face mask, it looks like the image used for reference was inverted, in true classic Vader promo style.

Wq2pYDhlSqWziwJ4aIJc_Rogue_One_Visual_Story_Book_10.jpg

Last edited:
Based on what? Are you saying the people that say they saw photos didn't see the actual suit, they don't know what they are talking about, or they are lying? I have no idea if the report is accurate or not. Just curious what your statement is based on.

I think he's just saying his is better and cannot be rivaled.

I think he's just saying his is better and cannot be rivaled.

That's not what I was saying, but what you are saying is absolutely true. :)

Also, the lenses on the ANH Vader helmet weren't red. The ever so slightly 'reddish' look in just a couple scenes was due to the lenses being thin and seeing the skin tones of David Prowse behind them.
This incorrect myth has been around for decades. I'm still amazed to see it being repeated.

They may not have been red themselves, but people are talking about how they looked. They looked red/brownish and not the jet black like in the other films.

That's not what I was saying, but what you are saying is absolutely true. :)

Also, the lenses on the ANH Vader helmet weren't red. The ever so slightly 'reddish' look in just a couple scenes was due to the lenses being thin and seeing the skin tones of David Prowse behind them.
This incorrect myth has been around for decades. I'm still amazed to see it being repeated.

LoL...at least the R1 Vader won't have an eFX helmet on its shoulders and to make him accurate thats a good decision i think :)
Regarding incorrect myth....believe it or not..there are still some very few people who believe (or want us to believe) the C-Scar is just painted on LoL

So they had Brian Muir (essentially) sculpt a cleaned up Rubies Deluxe?

And the R1 Vader is going to look nothing like the newly released artwork?

NEoorv26mBP8rq_2_b.jpg

So is this official? :unsure

r1_vader_maybe.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back