The Predator (New Sequel)

View attachment 708721

I try to be positive about this stuff, but WTF are they thinking?

Oh...god...no. It's not April 1st so this can't be the joke I am hoping it is. This is not leaving a pleasant taste in my mouth at all. In fact I am getting Alien vs Predator Requiem vibes off this big time. The kid is the biggest red flag. Que the Micheal Scott "No" gif please, I think we're going to need it.

The one and only truly good Predator movie came out thirty years ago, it's all been downhill from there. What the hell can they do that's worse than the other sequels/spinoffs?

I would say I hope the kid gets blasted in the first ten minutes but his character will probably befriend the predator and they'll fly off together at the end.

The one and only truly good Predator movie came out thirty years ago, it's all been downhill from there. What the hell can they do that's worse than the other sequels/spinoffs?

I would say I hope the kid gets blasted in the first ten minutes but his character will probably befriend the predator and they'll fly off together at the end.

Predictions:

The kid will state obvious information that the adult 'military professionals' will be completely oblivious to.
The kid will constantly rattle off a litany of one liners in moments of high tension and be considered smarter than the comedy relief character.
The kid will be a hacker or really good with computers and know all the current net slang none of the adults understand.
The kid will at some point 'hack the mainframe' or use his computer skills to remotely take control of a Predator ship.
The kid will dual wield pistols at some point.
The kid will be a tag-along the entire movie and treated like the mascot of the group.
The kid will have a sympathetic abandonment/dead parent backstory to attempt to endear him to the audience like Jake Lloyd in Phantom Menace. (It will backfire)
The kid will not die but a character or two will end up sacrificing themselves for the kid.

Have I missed any tropes yet?

The one and only truly good Predator movie came out thirty years ago, it's all been downhill from there.

Hey, none of that.

Predator 2 and Predator are both equally good. The only thing Predator 2 had going against it was the fact that its predecessor was an Ahnuld movie when he was in his prime. Had Predator 2 been the first one, it would have gotten a LOT better reviews.

Imagine if he posted a picture with the predator next too him. instead we got that. No idea ofc how it will play out in the movie but when comparing it to the crew from the original or heck even the predators one they seem dull and oh yaay a kid....

I'm just going to leave this here...

IMG_5130.JPG

Who cares about this cannon fodder? This is like announcing a new Friday the 13th by showing the soon to be dead frat kids. Let's see the Predator!!!

Having said that, I'm not getting a super awesome vibe from this pic, but it's ONE PIC of the cast posing. Reserving judgment.

If you guys haven't seen "The Nice Guys" yet, check it out.
It has a kid in it, too, and she's actually pretty awesome.

I trust Shane Black.
I agree with you on that, the nice guys was awesome. And yes, there was a girl in it, and she was smart and funny, but that worked with the story. She also didnt need to be there at all in regards to how the film works or plays out in my opinion. There was also a kid in Iron Man 3, I dont get why Black is putting kids in all of his movies. But I think the Predator franchise is not a place for children. Who knows, maybe its Boyd Holbrooks character when he was a kid, and just used as a flashback. Im not sure if I trust Shane Black after Iron Man 3, but Ill of course be seeing this.

Well, Predator can either keep rehashing the original, or it can do something new. The kid is something new.

Is that the dude from Key and Peele? THAT is going to take me right out of this. Shane Balacke made a mis-step. You wanna go to war Shane Balacke?

Really? I'm more "Ugh, Olivia Munn is still getting movie roles?"

Would still love to frakk her face myself.
Wait.. I think I know how she gets those movie roles now. :lol

I've only seen her in Ride Along 2, some other film I don't even remember, and The Newsroom. She wasn't terrible in RA2 :p and I thought she was GREAT in the Newsroom.

To be fair to her, I haven't seen The Newsroom.

I just don't understand how someone could for example see her in X-Men Apocalypse and think "oh yeah let's put her in our movie."
But I'm also sitting here thinking who puts Danny McBride and James Franco in an Alien movie so what do I know..

I've only seen her in Ride Along 2, some other film I don't even remember, and The Newsroom. She wasn't terrible in RA2 :p and I thought she was GREAT in the Newsroom.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back