Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

alright...that pic makes me feel better, heh.

we got your back buddy! ;) this is so exciting who would of thought brain would reveal more photos let alone video of this thing!! as for the tape, it looks like the same tape from the celebration 7 photos. but it though brain said he took the saber apart, and i even thought i remember him saying he removed the tape.... have to go watch it again.

EDIT: i just re watched the celebration 7 video, he doesnt mention removing the graffers tape... he just mentions he took the saber apart to see how it worked

Last edited:
It's hard to tell from the pics but is this tape the full width of the neck being one piece, or mutiple wraps of thinner tape?

It's hard to tell from the pics but is this tape the full width of the neck being one piece, or mutiple wraps of thinner tape?

dunno... im not much of a tape fan. though i still believe its electrical tape that was used and not gaffers but thats just my personal ignorance lol

Also, what do you take from the mystery chunk. To me it looks smaller as far as height goes

idk i swear i see 1 thread in this picture...
cone%20knob.png

dunno... im not much of a tape fan. though i still believe its electrical tape that was used and not gaffers but thats just my personal ignorance lol
My searches showed me that gaffers tape is cloth. I have electrical tape at my disposal and I have some nice thick black duct tape as well.

Before and after he spins the emitter. The nipple and main emitter piece seem to have all rotated together, so I dont think they are independent pieces. You can see the position of the clamp and body are unchanged so it gives a good picture of the rotating bits..

View attachment 698025

Nope, the nipple is set screwed into the emitter itself. It still rotates, they had to secure everything to keep everything spinning together. The set screw is in the first flange under the emitter lip!

I think your correct. But im talking height. If you look close, you can see the top to bottom is not the same as the sides. Meaning the untouched chunk is completely square, same distance on all sides. This looks like it's been filed or just not a true square

this screams electrical tape to me, though brian has stated and it makes total sense to have gaffers tape on set. its just me being a jerk

attachment.php

im not trying to re invent the wheel, its just my personal opinion. in the end my V2 doesnt have any tape :( i cant bring myself to do it... though i have a amazon roll of gaffers tape in my drawer..

In halliwax screencaps, one can see how thin the emitter face's edges are; look at that big ol' lip it's got!

The tape on the neck/windvane looks to be the original as well. Maybe pressed down more than the SWCA photos but it looks equally as old as the rest of the hilt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, the nipple is set screwed into the emitter itself. It still rotates, they had to secure everything to keep everything spinning together. The set screw is in the first flange under the emitter lip!

Are you saying the nipple is also a separate piece, and there is another set screw that the AnakinStarkiller version doesnt have?

So do we think the card is green? If so, I can do a run of green soldermask cards. It's very difficult to tell in the lighting, but I'll do a run if that's what you all want.

I only mention it because under certain lighting, my cards and others on fiberglass PCB substrate can appear greenish.

I have a new batch of the current style V2 cards coming in a new variant. V2 on one side, gold plated and black matte stripes for the Stunt/ Episode 7/8 card on the other.

I'll let you all know when they get here, but just wanted you all to know if you want green, I can supply green.

I'm still waiting for clearer images of this or get it verified by people who've seen this. Unfortunately, it can't be spotted in the Comic-Con HQ clip.

Let's wait until the full episode comes out, this was just a clip, and Im sure this segment goes on longer.

So do we think the card is green? If so, I can do a run of green soldermask cards. It's very difficult to tell in the lighting, but I'll do a run if that's what you all want.

I only mention it because under certain lighting, my cards and others on fiberglass PCB substrate can appear greenish...

I don't think they're green for this very reason. There are some pics a few pages back of another member's replica using your board showing this.

I don't think they're green for this very reason. There are some pics a few pages back of another member's replica using your board showing this.
I think I agree. I took my card out and for a second, at an angle it looked green. It may just be a reflection or shade.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back