Spider-Man: Homecoming

devincf : SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING footage opens with a FREAKS AND GEEKS homage and LIVES UP TO IT.

GermainLussier: Spider-Man Homecoming trailer is the highlight of my SDCC so far. It's like if Apatow/Hughes cut a trailer for a HS movie, with Spider-Man.

eruditechick: SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING teaser is so ****ing FRESH and charming and tonally different.

elmayimbe: Spider-Man: Homecoming sizzle reel was so good! Feels like a John Hughes movie.

colliderfrosty: End of Spider-Man Homecoming footage they showed Vulture flying down towards the camera. Crowd erupted.

devincf: SPIDER-MAN footage was day in the high school life of Peter Parker, with all his buds and the people who pick on him. I fell in love.

GermainLussier: Peter Parker literally is watching the Giant-Man Spider-Man battle on YouTube while at school. So perfect.

empiremagazine: Spider-Man: Homecoming footage - from just 10 days of shooting - is great stuff, peppy, John Hughes feel.

colliderfrosty: Seriously the Spider-Man footage looked so great. I love that he's in 10th grade. Such a great cast.

Spidey faces the Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming concept art by Ryan Meinerding.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/26510/sdcc_2016_spider-man_homecoming_introduces_its_villain

5793ebbb52f6c.jpg

Although I'm excited to see a movie with Peter centered in high school, I hope the movie is about Peter dealing with being Spidey and school stuff instead of the "wacky high school movie about how much high school sucks!". I hope Vulture has more to do than just be the freak of the week because there's so many more interesting villains they could've went with for a starter villain. Suit's interesting, though.

Without the large tag, the image displays little smaller. Not sure why it isn't showing up to you. Maybe it doesn't show up for mobile users. If you're on desktop and still don't see it, then I guess clicking the link is the only option.

Without the large tag, the image displays little smaller. Not sure why it isn't showing up to you. Maybe it doesn't show up for mobile users. If you're on desktop and still don't see it, then I guess clicking the link is the only option.
I'm on a desktop - I don't even see the link unless I quote you.vivek-spidey.jpg

Thanks for confirming that seelsa73. So I guess it's not mobile related.

JD, I logged out of my RPF account and checked again on both browsers as a guest and I see it. My guess is it might be isolated to your browser, perhaps something to do with the cache needing to be cleared.

I am hoping we will see a teaser in the next month or so, even if it's mostly the high-school stuff without much Spidey. I want to see the John Hughes influence/tone they were talking about.

Thanks for confirming that seelsa73. So I guess it's not mobile related.

JD, I logged out of my RPF account and checked again on both browsers as a guest and I see it. My guess is it might be isolated to your browser, perhaps something to do with the cache needing to be cleared.

I am hoping we will see a teaser in the next month or so, even if it's mostly the high-school stuff without much Spidey. I want to see the John Hughes influence/tone they were talking about.
I cleared my cache and all that and still no image.

RUMORS: Looks like Zendaya will be playing Mary Jane. Waiting for the internet to explode.

When Zendaya was announced as the female leadin the upcoming film Spider-Man: Homecoming, Sony and Marvel were unusually quiet about the unspecified casting. At the time reports swirled that the former Disney Channel star would beplaying a character named Michelle, but now it appears that "Michelle" was just a cover for something bigger and slightly more iconic: Mary Jane Watson.
TheWrap reports that Zendaya will be playing Peter Parker's most famous love interest, Mary Jane, in Homecoming — a role previously inhabited by Kirsten Dunst in Sam Raimi's original film trilogy starring Tobey Maguire as the web-slinger. Although in Homecoming, the object of teenage Peter's (Tom Holland) affections will be another classmate: Liz Allan (Laura Harrier).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey karmajay, can you copy and paste the text to whatever your linking to?

Cause when I clicked on that link it opened 6 windows of ads and "congratulations you won!" Pages...

Zendaya is such a minor casting choice. Mary Jane isn't the hero in the story, and it's not like they went waaaaaay off book on her skin-tone or something... the girl is only half-African.

If people blow up over this one, they need something bigger in their lives. I suspect the fallout will be pretty small, though.

Hey karmajay, can you copy and paste the text to whatever your linking to?

Cause when I clicked on that link it opened 6 windows of ads and "congratulations you won!" Pages...

Sorry I changed the link to a different site and quotes some info.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back