The Star Wars OT back on the big screen - 20 dates this summer

JD

Master Member
https://drafthouse.com/event/the-return-of-the-trilogy

Travel with us back to a galaxy far, far away… For the first time in over a decade Alamo Drafthouse is bringing the original STARWARS trilogy roaring back to big screens at movie palaces and performing arts centers across the country this August. That’s EPISODE IV – A NEW HOPE, EPISODE V – THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, and EPISODE VI – RETURN OF THE JEDI all back on the big screen.
Not only that, but each “Return of the Trilogy” screening will be its own one-of-a-kind event! Some will be galactic-sized triple feature marathons, while others will even take place beneath the actual stars! All shows will feature specially curated videos & clips between films, contests (Jedi mind tricks, anyone?), props to bring the power of the Force to life, and loads of other STAR WARS insanity.

- - - Updated - - -

[h=2]FIND TICKETS[/h]
DateCityStateVenue
Sat, Aug 6San FranciscoCAThe WarfieldOn Sale Soon
Sat, Aug 6Kansas CityMOThe Midland TheatreOn Sale Soon
Sat, Aug 6WashingtonDCWarner TheatreOn Sale Soon
Sat, Aug 6Los AngelesCAThe Theatre at the Ace HotelOn Sale Soon
Sat, Aug 6New YorkNYThe Town HallOn Sale Soon
Sat, Aug 6MiamiFLOlympia TheatreOn Sale Soon
Sat, Aug 6San AntonioTXMajestic TheatreOn Sale Soon
Sun, Aug 7New YorkNYKings TheatreOn Sale Soon
Sun, Aug 7DallasTXMajestic TheatreOn Sale Soon
Thu, Aug 11AustinTXThe Long Center for the Performing ArtsSTAR WARS Under the Stars: A NEW HOPE
On Sale Soon
Fri, Aug 12AustinTXThe Long Center for the Performing ArtsSTAR WARS Under the Stars: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
On Sale Soon
Sat, Aug 13AustinTXThe Long Center for the Performing ArtsSTAR WAS Under the Stars: RETURN OF THE JEDI
On Sale Soon
Sat, Aug 13PhiladelphiaPAThe Keswick TheatreOn Sale Soon
Sat, Aug 13LouisvilleKYBrown TheatreOn Sale Soon
Sat, Aug 20OaklandCAParamount TheatreOn Sale Soon
Sat, Aug 27BostonMAThe Boston Opera House

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, will have to try to make the Dallas one if possible.

Too bad it couldn't be more widespread over the summer at more locations. More of a "Whole Summer of Star Wars" lol

Of course, only one theater in SoCal while there's 2 in NoCal and it's not like Oakland and SF are all that far from each other.

Yay for the Keswick theater in PA!

I'll have to mark the calendars

It be great if they were also showing the original films, not the modified special editions

Yay for the Keswick theater in PA!

Many great memories at the Keswick! The greatest of which was seeing Young Frankenstein on my birthday with about 8 buddies! Then my Dad carted us off to Howard Johnson's on Easton Road for lunch, cake and presents! My favorite gift that day was a Krazy Straw, which I used right away to down a black & white malt! lol My buddy Joey Jones got it for me, from Woolworth's Five and Dime on Old York Road. Seems like yesterday.

The Wook

Gonna try my best to be at the LA show. Never been to that theater, but from the pictures, it looks gorgeous. Would be fun being surrounded by many fans.

Of course, the typical large market areas only...it'd be nice to go, but not at a 4.5 drive and renting a hotel room.

Of course, the typical large market areas only...it'd be nice to go, but not at a 4.5 drive and renting a hotel room.

Not even all the "typical" ones... Seattle usually gets stuff like this, too, and nothing closer than CA to us.

That being said, I'm not the biggest SW fan, and I've already seen the Special Editions in theater, so...

Thankfully I saw them all when they were originally released, with the scenes intact and the glorious special effects unaltered and perfectly special. Since I can't recapture that feeling due to the tampering of some insecure dork I'll take a pass on these.

3 minute walk from the train stop! i might just keep my eyes open for tickets, its also on a saturday for me so this would be too perfect! train ride and star wars in the same day! yay!!

If it is going to be the Special Editions, I'd just rather see Adywan's Revisited on the big screen.

To me, that IS the special edition.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back