Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

1390-1391-Force-Awakens-Cover-2.jpg
Good shot showing the variance in beige tones of her various costume pieces.

View attachment 553785
Good shot showing the variance in beige tones of her various costume pieces.

So now her pants are dark grey. Rey, yer killing us, girl!

This photo is heavily colored in Photoshop. They wanted her torso to be a light center of the composition to draw your eye in, and they also wanted a dark background on which to place the white text without contrast issues. The pants are entirely recolored; desaturated and darkened. You can see how they darkened the tabbards hanging in the front as they flow away from her torso towards the bottom of the page as well. I wouldn't look at this image for any kind of color reference, just another look at the construction! :)

I'm a bit bummed.
Last time I was at Hobby Lobby I saw some cording that looked about right for the belt.
I went back today and it appears they don't carry it anymore.:cry

Hello,

My GF will be doing Rey for the TFA premiere in mid-December. A good friend Germain was kind enough to offer me full rights to his models of her staff. The staff details are split into pieces and designed to be filled with an internal dowel/rod, like a sleeve. Here are some pics:

Rey's Staff 11.jpg
Rey's Staff 7.jpg
Rey's Staff 9.jpg

A couple things I wanted to double check before we proceed:

Any egregious inaccuracies worth noting
What is the general consensus on the length? It's currently scaled to 1830mm (approx. 6 feet tall)
What is the estimated diameter? (atm it is scaled to accept a 24mm (bit smaller than 1") diameter pipe)

Since the other run fell through, I can look into producing a couple more of these as DIY kits if there are any Reys still interested. We'd need to move quickly to have a chance at getting them out in time for the premiere in about a month, however.

Hey, I'm currently trying to find some pattern for the top and the pants. I saw that someone mentioned simplicity. Which variant of the top will you be making? I'm more of a beginner in sewing, so I don't want to pick the wrong one.

Hello,

My GF will be doing Rey for the TFA premiere in mid-December. A good friend Germain was kind enough to offer me full rights to his models of her staff. The staff details are split into pieces and designed to be filled with an internal dowel/rod, like a sleeve. Here are some pics:

View attachment 554024
View attachment 554027
View attachment 554028

What is the general consensus on the length? It's currently scaled to 1830mm (approx. 6 feet tall)
What is the estimated diameter? (atm it is scaled to accept a 24mm (bit smaller than 1") diameter pipe)

Since the other run fell through, I can look into producing a couple more of these as DIY kits if there are any Reys still interested. We'd need to move quickly to have a chance at getting them out in time for the premiere in about a month, however.

I would be definatly interested in a kit!

looks great!

there was a poster pic recenty that has a good image of 1 section of the staff, i noticed it had some type of screw or rivet heads on it. So you might want to check that.

i would suggest sourcing exactly what size shaft piece can be used and where it can be purchased. Then adjust your model to fit it so you dont end up with a problem locating a 6ft long 24mm lightweight wood dowel.

What i found on the length is that it really needs to be scaled to the person wearing it. The strap attaches at specific points, so if a short person slings it on their back or shoulder, it could potentially drag on the ground when they walk if it is 6 ft long. If your model has an open section for the wraps, then i think anyone could just adjust the length by using a shorter shaft and making the wrap area a little smaller (or longer if needed). Still it might be best to set it to be around 5' 10. If you can, try putting a strap on it and test fitting it on a short girl to see what i mean.

i think somewhere in this thread was a mention of the staff length and her height.... and im pretty sure the movie staff was under 6 ft.

Last edited:
looks great!

there was a poster pic recenty that has a good image of 1 section of the staff, i noticed it had some type of screw or rivet heads on it. So you might want to check that.

Rey's Staff 2.jpg

Yup, they are there! You should be able to see them on the right side of this pic, near the bottom.

i would suggest sourcing exactly what size shaft piece can be used and where it can be purchased. Then adjust your model to fit it so you dont end up with a problem locating a 6ft long 24mm lightweight wood dowel.

What i found on the length is that it really needs to be scaled to the person wearing it. The strap attaches at specific points, so if a short person slings it on their back or shoulder, it could potentially drag on the ground when they walk if it is 6 ft long. Assuming your model has an open section for the wraps, then i think anyone could just adjust the length by using a shorter shaft and making the wrap area a little smaller.

That's actually pretty much exactly what we were thinking, you could easily trim the "exposed" sections of the staff body (i.e. the non-detailed or "wrapped" portions) in order to adjust the overall length to the specific wielder. I'm just asking in general what we should be aiming for in terms of length/diameter. Here's a pic to demonstrate how you'd use the kit with a dowel/rod/pipe. As you can see, there's a lot of excess "staff" you could remove to customize it's length.

Rey's Staff 10.jpg

JJ Griffin I would definitely be in for a staff kit. Having to move quick would be putting it lightly, lol. How quick do you think you can get them rolling?

I'm in. Same concerns as above about delivery.

Hello,

View attachment 554024
View attachment 554027
View attachment 554028

Interested... what price are we talking for the DIY kit?

Okay, I'm working on pricing but I need to know what "default" length and diameter should be first to calculate material/print time.

Does this seem like the proper scale, more or less??

mms_2010.jpg

Daisy Ridley is about 5'7" so we assumed 6" for the default staff based on pics like these, did we estimate it too long?
sRA1v7j.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back