Sandtrooper Variant of E-11 - Has anyone ever tried it?

Irony, I purchased the proper tubing just last week to assemble a mock up rear section from one of my parts kits to mold from... It won't move as fast as I want but it's moving forward...

Same here but i´m working on mine on a regular base... every year one step more... :lol

I´m glad you´re still on it, exoray!

Mine is actually with Wakal right now as I was going to have him "fix" the back, but screw that... if we are getting stunt backs, I'll have it shipped back to me!

Now really, how sad is that? I am purposefully wanting a crappier gun...

Any news?

Markus :)

Nothing to speak of but I was just thinking about this project again, totally slipped my mind this summer... I'll see if I can get things rolling in short...

We built a new kiln this summer, it's small but it can melt aluminum in minutes should make the job painless even with the cooler temps moving in...

Nothing to speak of but I was just thinking about this project again, totally slipped my mind this summer... I'll see if I can get things rolling in short...

We built a new kiln this summer, it's small but it can melt aluminum in minutes should make the job painless even with the cooler temps moving in...

Cool :thumbsup
Thanks for your efforts!

Markus

I know it´s been a long time but my Stunt E-11 is still a WIP and i´d love to finish it one of those days... :D:cheers

soooo BUMP!

Any other takers???

I wrote Flynn a PM last year but he never replied, unfortunatly his last RPF activity was in late 2012...
Anyone else with the skills to cast aluminium?

I wrote Flynn a PM last year but he never replied, unfortunatly his last RPF activity was in late 2012...
Anyone else with the skills to cast aluminium?

Well...DEC is offering cast parts in his recent run of simplified Han ANH hero conversion kits, so at least he has the skills OR knows somebody who has ;)

Markus

A screen-accurate Tunisian cast rear section, trigger pack & grip have been on my "I'd Like To Do" list for a few years.

I'm not a casting expert so, if I did a run someday, I'd sculpt a master from either a de-ac Sterling or a Doopy kit & get it professionally cast either in resin or aluminium. Which options I could afford would depend on how many people would buy one and what everyone would realistically pay for the final product.

So my contribution to this interest thread is a practical one: "How much would you guys actually pay just for the rear section, trigger pack & grip if someone did do it, including shipping?"

Cheers, Andy

Hi Andy,

if you´d pick up the project, I am SURE we could expect wonderful results.
I don´t have the slightest idea what costs/ efforts are involved in making the molds and casting the needed parts, but considering the actual price of a deac. L2A3, I´d say max. 100 GBP

Markus

I'd be in for that price, it' s what i had in mind too! We'd need the rear part and the grip area...
Please pick up this little project and do a small run, Andy!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back