Celebration Europe 2, 26.-28. July (2013), Essen-Germany - Who is going?

Several signing guests have shown up on Official Pix's site before they got on the official site.
Preorders for autograph tickets came up just now, and only on those can you see Ben Burrt and Temuera Morrison.
I would wait with preordering any tickets before all guests have been announced, though.

Hey folks I'll be there! Wearing Imperial Officer one day and helping a buddy debut some new armor. Plus I'm helping out the Rancho Obiwan folks so swing by their booth and say "Guten tag"!

Jono
Jon Farmer
CX6834

yes and yes will this be expensive ? hell yeah will we go back with a car full of star wars stuff and alcohol on the way back hell yeah!!!! in other words i will be there, Endor trooper and possible even a secret project!

I'll be there all three days!
Probably without any costume but with themed t-shirts... ;)

We should create a "Today I´ll be wearing ... at CEII"-thread :D Might make meeting up easier :p Depending on wardrobe, of course, since " ... my Vader or Trooper ..." could create some confusion ...

Great idea! Not chosen my shirts yet but i will post as soon as i know... (most likely RPF or Star Wars related...what a suprise,huh?!)
Will there be any RPF meeting point or forum representation at CE2?

Theres a whole bunch of us coming over from the Emerald Garrison in Ireland.
Including my Darth MalgusI think there will be about 7 of us in costume attending all three days. Probably do the first day out of costume so we can have a good look around and make the most of the excellent German food and beer! lol
Also a good group of guys from the Galactic Knights in the UK will be attending who are also bringing costumes along.

If you are interested in Star Wars, history, and especially prop blasters, don't miss my presentation: From World War to Star Wars.

WWtoSW%2528PromoPoster%2529.jpg

Chris Trevas and myself will be there with some very, very rare archive material. We will be on stage Sunday at 10:30 in Hall Ruhr.

Well I got my schedule and can now tell you that I'll be mostly working at the main stage ... moving you guys along to your seats ... I'm staying at Hotel Schmidt Garni some 3,5 km from the Messe ... just a nice stroll through the park ... so where and how can we arrange a central meeting point for rpf-ers inside the Messe ... Markus? I'm not familiar with the floor plan, yet ... so hence my question.

-Chaim

I got word that the complete schedule will be released tomorrow, and hopefully we will get a floorplan too. The maps on Messe Essen's own site are not very detailed.

BTW, I did not find it easy to find "Halle Essen" and "Halle Ruhr" on the maps. It turned out that the 'e' in "Halle" is just a typo. They are mere "Saal"s in German, "Hall"s in English. They are located upstairs from the main entrance. I could not find on the map how to get to the stairs from the main entrance, though...

Last edited:
I am not familiar with the floorplan either :(
Last time I went to Messe Essen was about 8 years ago, when I worked there for a couple of days.

Maybe -once the official schedule for CE2 is released- we know a place that´d be suitable for a RPF meet´n´greet ;)
Too bad the accomodations are spread all over Essen. It would have been nice to have one or two large hotels/ lobbies for the "after-show-parties"...just like in London at CE1

Markus

- - - Updated - - -

If you are interested in Star Wars, history, and especially prop blasters, don't miss my presentation: From World War to Star Wars.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wo_7t2QzW.../cg4od1vUOfo/s320/WWtoSW%28PromoPoster%29.jpg

Chris Trevas and myself will be there with some very, very rare archive material. We will be on stage Sunday at 10:30 in Hall Ruhr.

Interested in prop-blasters....ME??? :rolleyes

Will be there for sure!
I request special treatment and VIP-entrance as the one and only real "BLASTER-MASTER" -insert evil laugh here- :lol.

Markus

Interested in prop-blasters....ME??? :rolleyes

Will be there for sure!
I request special treatment and VIP-entrance as the one and only real "BLASTER-MASTER" -insert evil laugh here- :lol.

Yes, we won't do the presentation if you don't show up! And be sure to stick around and say hi (if we don't run into you before Sunday). :)

Yes, we won't do the presentation if you don't show up! And be sure to stick around and say hi (if we don't run into you before Sunday). :)

THAT´s what I wanted to read :lol
I am sure that we´ll be having had a few beer together until sunday already ;)

Still trying to fit a visit at my place in Chris´tight schedule somehow :(

Markus

I'm not going to miss the blaster talk. How about a meetup for lunch after the talk?

Too bad the accomodations are spread all over Essen. It would have been nice to have one or two large hotels/ lobbies for the "after-show-parties"...just like in London at CE1
I think that quite a few people are staying at the Atlantic, right next to the con. Most of the Nordic 501st Legion are staying at the Mövenpick, next to the central station, don't know about other 501st'ers.

I heard a rumour that the 501st has planned a party on Saturday night. Anybody know more? Just a meet-up at a pub or something more?

This is what I heard from Dennis a.k.a. ObiHan :

"the thursday evening 501st meet and greet is not an exclusive thing per se, it's definitely legion members and friens as far as I understand it - I'm sure we can fit in one more fellow SW fan . The other event I know of (saturday evening/night) is strictly 501st and with rather expensive tickets even, so it's not gonna be possible for non-legion people to join. :/"

I have invited him to join in this conversation with more additional info,

-Chaim

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back