Finished my life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Re: My life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

I think the position you have with the tubes is good :thumbsup It goes well with the position of the arms & his open mouth :)

Thanks Leigh,
Yes, and I think (perceive) that the position of the legs to limit the range of compelling solutions. Before securing the torso and legs, I tried to place the legs in different positions, such as a slight step, but I did not like. To stay in harmony with the legs, which are relatively relaxed than the upper part, the tail must be the "mix" between top and bottom. It seems to me that this condition is the same as the alien Giger.

Therefore, I will try also the classical position that passes through the legs:

wu0q.jpg

kljp.jpg

Last edited:

How hard is bend iron with my hands!

I finally found a curve to the tail that satisfies me,because it adds something to the character while before it was as if it was not there.

elvy.jpg

bbxk.jpg

0h57.jpg

Don't know if it's helpful, but the screen alien creatures tail would curve between the alien's legs..............between the victims legs..........then up to sting them in the back as he held them. You can see it in the Lambert death scene. The tail has a graceful slight curvature.

Don't know if it's helpful, but the screen alien creatures tail would curve between the alien's legs..............between the victims legs..........then up to sting them in the back as he held them. You can see it in the Lambert death scene. The tail has a graceful slight curvature.
Yes, it is useful. The alien character is what you described and I put in the pictures of my penultimate comment.
In fact, I'm still undecided on the curve of the tail. But I also thought of a curve that highlights the tail and its vertebrae. The original curve creates, of course, a scene more cold and terrifying. I still have time to Think . Thanks again vaderdarth.

Last edited:

:thumbsup

I'm with vaderdarth on this! Personally I think you were on the right track before, Your latest suggestion is far to AVP Alien & not enough Giger Alien.
Its entirely up to you though, you make it how you want it! :)

Thank you very much.:)
I also use some software to get an idea of the colors and shapes that I guess. This is the pedestal of Alien rendered in Blender (open source software).

View attachment 245804

congratulations on your sculpt. It is a beautiful piece of work. Can you put a Roomba into the base? That would be so cool to have the Alien roaming the house while vacuuming!

:thumbsup

I'm with vaderdarth on this! Personally I think you were on the right track before, Your latest suggestion is far to AVP Alien & not enough Giger Alien.
Its entirely up to you though, you make it how you want it! :)

Thanks guys, you've been a great help to me in my uncertainty(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

approved1.jpg

3gjd.jpg

congratulations on your sculpt. It is a beautiful piece of work. Can you put a Roomba into the base? That would be so cool to have the Alien roaming the house while vacuuming!

Yes, but with the option that if he catches a body in motion chases him speeding :) So it could also keep out thieves. :)

WOW! this is a task & a half!!
I assume the screws are for accurate spacing of the bones... a nice idea :thumbsup
What have you used to glue all the tubing together? it looks like a calking or a flexible filler??

WOW! this is a task & a half!!
I assume the screws are for accurate spacing of the bones... a nice idea :thumbsup
What have you used to glue all the tubing together? it looks like a calking or a flexible filler??

Yes, the screws serve as a reference distance / height / strength. Inside the central tube,there is an iron rod diameter of 8mm. Inside the tubes,I injected one-component polyurethane foam,to stiffen and to better fix the screws. To paste the pipes between them,I used a silicone glue rapidly. The side tubes are cut lengthwise to allow you to embrace more and more the central tube, going towards the tip of the tail, and separated by layers of polystyrene bonded with the silicon. The clay is the same that I use on the statue. The cuts that are seen on the clay,serve to prevent the breakup of the clay when the tail flexes. I hope that the clay does not fall off. When the clay is dry,I'll sand and to correct its shape, then I can bring over the individual vertebrae. :)

I expect there will be a small amount of flex in that tail. It might be an idea to reinforce each bone segment & if it does come loose you can glue it back into place!

:)

I expect there will be a small amount of flex in that tail. It might be an idea to reinforce each bone segment & if it does come loose you can glue it back into place!

:)

Yes, the tail is very flexible on the plane of the curve. It opens more than 40 inches. This has taken me to release tension on length rather than on fixing the buttocks,in the case of shocks. This flexibility is allowed by the iron rod. It is very flexible on the whole length,but little locally. I had thought of a tube, but the tube is hard to bend,and too rigid,which would release all the tension of a bump in the buttocks. I have spread the clay is then I practiced the cuts on it to create areas that will host the vertebrae. So everything should follow the decline of the tail without breaking. :)

How will you taper the tail ?

I have seen tails alien on the internet and I saw the conicity in only one direction,that is viewed from the front. The taper in the side view is almost absent. To achieve this taper,the two side tubes are cut into longitude and more approaching the tip, most embrace the central tube. As soon as I can, I'll do some picture of the structure to make you understand better, because the English language is hard for me to explain. :)

I have seen tails alien on the internet and I saw the conicity in only one direction,that is viewed from the front. The taper in the side view is almost absent. To achieve this taper,the two side tubes are cut into longitude and more approaching the tip, most embrace the central tube. As soon as I can, I'll do some picture of the structure to make you understand better, because the English language is hard for me to explain. :)

Between pipes there are variable polistirene thickness with glue.

yuwi.jpg

f8rk.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back