NIKE MAG Knockoffs

I've yet to receive any such emails but I was holding my breath from the jump.

What I don't get is, didn't you order the Mags from that site almost as soon as they went up?

The day before they raised there price i ordered, which now leads me to believe they were either trying to get me to re buy at the higher price(which wasn't happening) or they are genuinely out of stock (from the time and date of my purchase)

I still don't get how they have these listed in stock on there site though.

The photo of the fat guy in the red suit is just quality haha! :lol

???????????????

optimus-fat.jpg

:lol:lol:lol I'm glad that is Prime and not an over weight Iron Man.

Anyone who wants to order form hiphopiop.com this is the message they have emailed me today "Sorry friend,we haven't have this shoes"

Looks like no one has the mags in stock anymore.. or am i mistaken?

Anyone who wants to order form hiphopiop.com this is the message they have emailed me today "Sorry friend,we haven't have this shoes"

Looks like no one has the mags in stock anymore.. or am i mistaken?

Well a couple of things may be happening.

1) WAY too many people have ordered these and these wholesale sites are not sure how many they will end up getting, so they limited their sales number. Once these start shipping and they get back stock, they they will start selling them again.

Or

2) These are truly more limited than we thought and those who waited will now be paying secondary market prices.

My gut instinct tells me that option #1 is more likely.

Yep which means the ones who held off buying will have a slightly longer wait unfortunately, but i think there stock levels will replenish for Christmas, if they have any sense anyway as that will be the biggest sales for the year.

I am pleased i have two pairs coming, kinda sad my third pair have been refunded but i am thinking positive now.. if these are selling they will see that and make more of them, if not, well hey there losing out on all our money.

fashionelife says 30th October just noticed not sure if this is new or old info but at least we have a date stated finally in black and white, but fyi they still don't have a price displayed..

General question: Who would you say is the most reliable with regards to customer service, communication and general satisfaction with carrying out a transaction at the moment? for me believe it or not but "pickgoodshoes" would love to know what everyone else thinks.

Well a couple of things may be happening.

1) WAY too many people have ordered these and these wholesale sites are not sure how many they will end up getting, so they limited their sales number. Once these start shipping and they get back stock, they they will start selling them again.

Or

2) These are truly more limited than we thought and those who waited will now be paying secondary market prices.

My gut instinct tells me that option #1 is more likely.

I'll agree with #1 as well.

If we can ASS-U-ME that this V2 MAG is actually a copy of the real deal and not just an enhanced V1, then that means new tooling etc, so this limited run won't be exactly "limited" because they will want to get their money back from the set up costs, especially the molds for injection molding the soles etc.

I looked into injection molding a few years back and I would have to produce no less than 10,000 parts just to warrant the expense of the molds.

Granted in China, the same mold I was going to buy in AU was about 1/3rd the price, but still you don't just do short runs (1500 pair like NIKE did) with that kind outlay. That said, NIKE now have their molds, so could do more shoes in the future if they need to.

The real MAGs were made in Taiwan, and it would almost be funny if their molds were used to make these shoes.

Cavx you have summed up a lot in that post and i think your spot on with everything you have said.

This could only mean they have to make more to cover the costs for the molds ect as you stated as well as making a 15-30% profit margin, you have fairly cheered me up anyway as that never even crossed my mind :cheers

Your welcome. I guess the reason I 'think outside the box' on things like this is because I design and manufacture from the ground up myself, so I understand the costs involved in turning an idea into a real product.

The chances that these will be 100% new design and accurate shoe is SO much more likely than a retooled V1. It has been over a year since these came out and most really good knockoffs will come out within 5-6 months of the initial release.

Since these have electronics and were very expensive to buy, I am certain that much more planning and part sourcing went on, thus pushing the time back. In the meantime, the V1's were release and those were just awful. I'm sure they saw the money making potential of an accurate shoe and now we will be getting it.

You had no problem dropping $3,000 on the real ones but $100 for these is making you nervous? :facepalm

When I say i'm skint now, I mean so bad that i'm cutting back my sandwich money each day. With the Nikes, I KNEW I was getting the dogs bollocks and something that would be accurate though ;)

I've been watching the site I purchased from like a hawk. And sure enough, as most of you have already found on similar sites, the price went up today from $99 to $224. I'm kicking myself for not ordering the pairs I initially wanted. My hope was to receive my first pair, and pending their quality, go from there. I'm just hoping I don't get one of those dreaded emails telling me the shoe is out of stock....wanting me to pay the higher price.:facepalm

Does anyone know if there is a site still selling them at the initial price?

....nevermind, found one. Ordered a second pair. Now I have one on order in my size in case I want to wear, and one in the original prop size for display. I just hope this isn't a scam. I don't mind the trouble of getting my money back, I just want a decent knockoff replica!

Let's hope for the best!

Last edited:
You had no problem dropping $3,000 on the real ones but $100 for these is making you nervous? :facepalm

C'mon Fyfe, at least with the real ones you knew what you were getting and you knew the quality was going to be top of the line.
It's all about getting what you pay for and in this case, I think this is really just a gamble for some.

Look, if these things turn out to be pretty good (I'm hoping they are) then I would have no problem dropping a hundred or more on them so I could have a few cosplay pairs to wear. But I want to see the actual product first.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back