Soulinertia's screen accurate Star Lord Jacket build - Guardians of the Galaxy

man, I want some of that fabric so bad I can taste it...and floss it out of my teeth, *pftt* *pftt* *pftt* ...........*pftt* Gah....twill fibers...

- - - Updated - - -

In the first image, what is that material that the valve is sitting on?

In the first image, what is that material that the valve is sitting on?

Oh yeah, thanks for asking. That is a very finely woven brass micro screen. Here is a closer shot.

20141209_015043.jpg

It's heavy stuff and what I'll be using for the material around the valve :thumbsup

Just FYI, the metal mesh around the valve is silver in color, it's not brass. The only brass near the valve is in the center, and that's a sheet with punched holes, not a mesh.

Yeah, I already knew that. It's also a different pattern than the mesh I have. Still on the hunt for something more accurate.

If you want to pick some up for yourself SLM do a search on ebay for "Fine Woven Brass Micro Screen" you'll find it. ;)

Yea, the stuff on the valve looks a bit like carbon fiber, where the rocket control stuff I still have no idea. It's not woven.

I thought all the texture was on leather? Is the actual jacket more material then leather?

Would you be able to share where you got the fabric?

The majority of the jacket is fabric with the screen printed pattern, however the sleeves are leather.

I got my screened fabric from member joatrash. But it was a very limited amount he had leftover from his jacket build. I don't think he has anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
The majority of the jacket is fabric with the screen printed pattern, however the sleeves are leather.

I got my screened fabric from member joatrash. But it was a very limited amount he had leftover from his jacket build. I don't think he has anymore.
Oh ok in all these screen used pics I thought it was all leather so is all the. Highlighted material fabric including the front section?
your jacket lbooks great I'm hoping to get a decent replica made for next year Screenshot_2014-12-12-18-32-35.png

Screenshot_2014-12-12-18-32-35.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow so literally none of the jackets available are even slightly close to accurate :/ that sucks I may see if I can get some screen printing done then thanks

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back