Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Sounds like the intend for Carrie to be in Ep. IX in some capacity and form.

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/04/g...-star-wars-episode-ix-without-the-aid-of-cgi/

a friend emailed me this last night. I'm really curious to see her role in ep8... it may shed some light on whats to come with ep9.

i have been playing it out in my head what could happen.. what does everyone think of leia passing away between ep8 and ep9. and they mention it in ep9? so we wouldn't see anything but were would hear the story of how..

a friend emailed me this last night. I'm really curious to see her role in ep8... it may shed some light on whats to come with ep9.

i have been playing it out in my head what could happen.. what does everyone think of leia passing away between ep8 and ep9. and they mention it in ep9? so we wouldn't see anything but were would hear the story of how..
I would love be to see a force ghost Leia intervene in epi 9. CGI would be great.

She could be like the bendu

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I would love be to see a force ghost Leia intervene in epi 9. CGI would be great.

She could be like the bendu

i seriously wonder what they are going to do.... i was guessing the whole time leia was going to be killed off in ep8 and we wouldn't have anything to worry about. but now... i dont have a clue as to whats up their sleeves

i seriously wonder what they are going to do.... i was guessing the whole time leia was going to be killed off in ep8 and we wouldn't have anything to worry about. but now... i dont have a clue as to whats up their sleeves
Well, I can safely say that Paul Walker's death wrecked furious 7. It will forever be known as "the film that tried to hide Paul Walker's death"

That's not to say it wasn't emotional. But it was essentially a funeral pretending to be an action flick.

So I hope that if she shows up it's powerful, but brief. And I hope she dies in the film.

I think hiding Paul Walker's death overshadowed too much

It's starting to sound too much like Empire. I was willing to accept, and even understood, why they made TFA so much like the original SW. A little too much like it for my taste, but ok. But, if they're just going to essentially remake the original 3, what's the point? Maybe it's not so much like Empire. But, it's sounding that way.

It's starting to sound too much like Empire. I was willing to accept, and even understood, why they made TFA so much like the original SW. A little too much like it for my taste, but ok. But, if they're just going to essentially remake the original 3, what's the point? Maybe it's not so much like Empire. But, it's sounding that way.

lets just hope they dont remake RoTJ...;)

How the heck is it sounding like empire? The lid is so tight on this thing, you might as well say it's sounding like Driving Miss Daisy. Honestly - give it a chance.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

How the heck is it sounding like empire? The lid is so tight on this thing, you might as well say it's sounding like Driving Miss Daisy. Honestly - give it a chance.

There's supposedly a big ground battle in the first act, with the First Order using assault walkers, on a salt flat (that looks like snow), that's not the big conflict for the film but acts to set things up. Throw in the Jedi Master (Luke) teaching the promising-but-untrained hero (Rey), and a lot of people are calling it a retread. I'm withholding judgment til I see it, but even if it structurally follows Empire, I'm not that bothered by it, as I wasn't by TFA, as I wasn't by TPM. George emphasized the cyclical nature of the story back in preproduction stuff for Episode I. He's clumsy with words, so when he said "It's like a poem -- it rhymes", what he was trying to describe is, in musical terms, a canon -- a theme that repeats and build in complexity and variation as it does.

C'mon...Everyone wants a fourth deathstar!!!

The fourth time's the charm! :lol

I'm not too worried yet. Just because it has AT-ATs in it doesn't mean they are copying ESB, yet. RO had AT-ATs in it as well. I just hope they listened to a lot of criticism of TFA and ANH, not just fans but directors (James Cameron for one) and Lucas as well, and took it to heart.

As for Carrie Fisher in this, I'm not sure how they would use existing footage unless they have scenes they aren't using and will insert later on. I don't want it to come across like a really bad cut and paste into a scene. They could have her die, then a Force Ghost, except I'm guessing that takes more training than Leia has.

Well, I can safely say that Paul Walker's death wrecked furious 7. It will forever be known as "the film that tried to hide Paul Walker's death"

The feeling was all over the movie because we walked into it knowing Walker had gotten killed. If you saw the movie without knowing he had died (and if you skipped the last 5 minutes) then you wouldn't know anything was really amiss.

Carrie Fisher -

Where do you draw the line between "existing footage" and "CGI recreation"?

They might end up using footage of her from years ago & alter it to match what she looked like recently. They might change her mouth movements and cut & splice all sorts of dialogue. Body doubles to show her from the back. Possibly even splice her face onto a double's body (if she was still alive would anyone mind?). No telling how this might turn out.

They are so going to make ESB again, anything different will be totally out of character with the way Disney are dealing wit the ongoing Saga...
Don't hold your breath for anything original

ESB and the godfather 2 are the greatest sequels ever.

How many times have you heard "it's the ESB of the series" in the prebuzz for a franchise sequel.
It's the industry standard to strive for.

Given that Disney takes things so literally with Star wars, I think we can safely say that they are going to make this the "ESB of the new Star wars franchise.

ATAT battle, jedi training, heroes on the run, relationship twist, hand cut off.

Tell that to Rian. And guess what? Nothing is 100 percent original. Everything is a remix of elements done before.
Yes, but hopefully (like Lucas) your inspiration will be from a broad selection of sources.

It's like Star trek. One of the reasons those original ones were so smart is that the writers were raised on classic science fiction literature.

But by time TNG and the rest of it came along, the writers were all raised on star trek

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back