Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

Well, the more SW they make the odds are there will be something for everyone.
It's well into fractionalized fandom like Trek and all it's many flavors.
Or Batman for that matter.

People online keep whining about no originality in new Star Wars, but the one thing people seem to love most about Rogue One is the final 10 minutes...

Starring...

Everything in the first 10 minutes of ANH.

So if all the fans want is original universe stuff in Star Wars, then my social media feeds being filled with dozens of relinks to the final 10 minutes of Rogue One is sending a bad message to Disney.
I just think people don't know what they want. They don't like when Star Wars is too different (Prequels, TCW), but complain when it's too similar {TFA, Rebels, Rogue One). Obviously, we should just never have new stories ever because the vocal minority is always going to complain. :p

I mean, Vader stole the show, good thing it was at the end. But I really enjoyed the use of the Corvette as a battering ram. One of my favorite scenes. And the AT-CT getting its legs mowed down was also good. I also enjoyed seeing the Y wings get some glory
He stole the show, but the Rebels stole the plans.

Wait a second..... can Stormtroopers breathe in space? They and Vader stepped out of that busted airlock..... or do the shields generated around the ship block all that air supply stuff??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Clone Troopers could, I think Finn says FO troopers just have a filter. ST..hmm..I think in this case it was a shield door.

I loved the end, very dramatic. And it showcased the zero atmosphere capability of Vader & Storm Troopers suits.
I initially had a beef with his cape flowing even though it looked awesome, but then pointed out by another RPF'er it was the exhaust
from the Tantive's engines...so no shield blocking it and providing atmosphere in that scene (i think)

Wasn't that explained in the original opening of ANH in a way earlier draft?
That Vader and his Troops could be in zero atmosphere in their suits?
(same time when Troops had light sabers)

There is also the scene in ANH when the falcon approaches the Death Star, in the side
shot of the falcon approaching you see storm troopers in zero atmosphere next to the cannons.

Last edited:
I loved the end, very dramatic. And it showcased the zero atmosphere capability of Vader & Storm Troopers suits.
I initially had a beef with his cape flowing even though it looked awesome, but then pointed out by another RPF'er it was the exhaust
from the Tantive's engines...so no shield blocking it and providing atmosphere in that scene (i think)

Wasn't that explained in the original opening of ANH in a way earlier draft?
That Vader and his Troops could be in zero atmosphere in their suits?

(same time when Troops had light sabers)

There is also the scene in ANH when the falcon approaches the Death Star, in the side
shot of the falcon approaching you see storm troopers in zero atmosphere next to the cannons.

I think the story goes that Vader's helmet was originally designed because it was believed he would need one for going in and out of ships in space, not as part of a life support system. It's probably safe to assume Stormtrooper's helmets can do the same.

Last edited:
I just think people don't know what they want. They don't like when Star Wars is too different (Prequels, TCW), but complain when it's too similar {TFA, Rebels, Rogue One). Obviously, we should just never have new stories ever because the vocal minority is always going to complain. :p

It's the internet. Even if like 95 percent of people like something. Percentage wise, lets say 90 percent of a million people like something. That's still a huge number (100,000) of people who don't like it and can spur a LT of complaining comments online where anyone with the ability to post can do so. Would be the same during the original films if there had been an internet in the 70s and 80s.

People online keep whining about no originality in new Star Wars, but the one thing people seem to love most about Rogue One is the final 10 minutes...

Starring...

Everything in the first 10 minutes of ANH.

So if all the fans want is original universe stuff in Star Wars, then my social media feeds being filled with dozens of relinks to the final 10 minutes of Rogue One is sending a bad message to Disney.

I really liked that part, but I liked the space battle better.

I think the story goes that Vader's helmet was originally designed because it was believed he would need one for going in and out of ships in space, not as part of a life support system. It's probably safe to assume Stormtrooper's helmets can do the same.
Agreed.

And they ain't called Stormtroopers for nothing. Storming a ship in space is one of their specialties. Having limited air (say 20 min) and protection from explosive depressurization and the vacuum of space is part of their equipment and training.

Now that I think about it, if I remember right wasn't there a couple troopers or a trooper walking around during a shot of the falcon being tractor beamed in the Death Star from ANH?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk (but no one cares)

There is this scene from Return of the jedi, right in the beginning where Vader's shuttle is going in the dock in the death star.
You can see these 2 guys, while hard to tell, looks like 2 storm troopers. The one on the left is wielding. Very easy to miss.

trench.jpg

PLUS this is Star Wars,....Han, Leia & Chewie can walk out of the Falcon in to what they think is a cave in an asteroid, confident that a face mask will keep them alive

J

Seems the faux gravity works well too, unless they have magnetized boot soles lol. Does the SW universe have zero gravity at all? Seems every planet has the same density and everyone walks fine on any surface as if they were on Earth :lol OMG stop making me tear apart my childhood wonder!

After watching Rogue One again last night, the timeline for Threepio and Artoo really doesn't work... at least in the way I thought this all worked.

They're shown on the Yavin IV base after General Raddus' Profundity had already returned to his ship... to fight. The Tantive IV should already be docked on the Profundity. Since the capital ship is already en route to the battle where we see it docked when we see it at the end of the battle. If Rogue One ends where ANH begins, there's no real way the droids could be on the Tantive IV.

I guess an argument could be made that immediately after we saw 3PO and R2, they were whisked onto the Tantive IV and it docked with the Profundity just before it left for Scariff. That doesn't seem very likely... it does look like the Tantive IV is already in the Profundity's belly as it arrives to battle.

After watching Rogue One again last night, the timeline for Threepio and Artoo really doesn't work... at least in the way I thought this all worked.

They're shown on the Yavin IV base after General Raddus' Profundity had already returned to his ship... to fight. The Tantive IV should already be docked on the Profundity. Since the capital ship is already en route to the battle where we see it docked when we see it at the end of the battle. If Rogue One ends where ANH begins, there's no real way the droids could be on the Tantive IV.

I guess an argument could be made that immediately after we saw 3PO and R2, they were whisked onto the Tantive IV and it docked with the Profundity just before it left for Scariff. That doesn't seem very likely... it does look like the Tantive IV is already in the Profundity's belly as it arrives to battle.
I believe the back story (and now you need to read all the supplement material in order to follow the basic story) is that the tantive 4 wasn't supposed to be there but it needed repairs so it returned to dock there after they left.

Convoluted? Yes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's exactly what Pablo says happened. Raddus had went to his ship, but not left yet. The droids had enough time to be shuttled to the ship right after their scene. But if you don't want to believe that, fine. It's not convoluted, it's pretty simple.

Last edited:
That's exactly what Pablo says happened. Raddus had went to his ship, but not left yet. The droids had enough time to be shuttled to the ship right after their scene. But if you don't want to believe that, fine. It's not convoluted, it's pretty simple.
It be simple, but it's not rational.

...and I'd agree with convoluted in the sense that it's hard to follow. The idea that the droids had enough time to get shuttle to the ship is a reach... even in Star Wars time.

It be simple, but it's not rational.

...and I'd agree with convoluted in the sense that it's hard to follow. The idea that the droids had enough time to get shuttle to the ship is a reach... even in Star Wars time.

The ship is not even far away. How is that a stretch?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back