New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

Wow! That P1 does look much better than the 3D render they have on their site. They've just about 95% nailed it, with the remainder being what it looks like they did to make it symmetrical and clean, plus the dial. That really looks excellent! :)

I was lucky enough to get one of the better MM kits. Again, it will be interesting to compare to the WP and the JL P1. In the case of the latter, VERY interesting. (And I'll do my best to ignore that "huge" WP side dial. Sheesh...)

John's Masterpiece Models kit is great, if you got one with better cast parts. If you want to ever get rid of it let me know.

John's Masterpiece Models kit is great, if you got one with better cast parts. If you want to ever get rid of it let me know.
Yes it is. I'm in the middle of re-vamping mine. I've hollowed it out and extended it to fit John's P1 (and I'm doing a new build to match GJ's, velcro on the side and all), I'll be making a brass handle for it, and full internals. That'll tide me over till I scratch-build one, whenever that turns out to be...

Because they are taking advantage of the fact that there are people too stupid to do a Google search and find the proper place to buy them.

Ouchers, but so true. I have spent hours researching prices and products that are way over priced on evilbay and have found that most things are cheaper for sure.....................

Also Greed. Plain simple gouging! so sad. But hey that is what happens with collectibles. They go up in price or drop off. it is a game of give and take. mostly take. So order from either startrek.com or thinkgeek.

Also Greed. Plain simple gouging! so sad. But hey that is what happens with collectibles. They go up in price or drop off. it is a game of give and take. mostly take. So order from either startrek.com or thinkgeek.

There's a special place in Hell for vultures who gouge vulnerable fans. But eventually, karma happens. ;)

The Wand Company said to watch for a video of the final shipping phaser being demo'd just shortly before release at ThinkGeek.com

Can't wait!!

The Wand Company said to watch for a video of the final shipping phaser being demo'd just shortly before release at ThinkGeek.com

Can't wait!!
Tom, the video's going to be on Thinkgeek, or they're releasing the video prior to Thinkgeek shipping them?

Yes, one of the company heads said that when the phaser is close to release, they expect ThinkGeek would post a demo video. Nothing official though. I know from what they said that manufacturing and delivery is on a tight schedule for this. I'm just guessing that the demo video could come at release if the delivery gets there just by months (November) end. We have probably over a month to wait yet. I feel like a kid picking at the wrapped package 1 month before Christmas.

The Wand Company image, shown below, is a recent photo of the actual product and not a 3D render. The Wand phaser is very similar to the initial accurate Master Replicas prototype (before the China manufacturer changed the P1 in the shipping item).

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j...pics/comparison_wand_master01_zps85331fc6.jpg

It wasn't just the P1 they got wrong. I hated how the fins at the back fitted the body perfectly on the MR prototype, but were terrible on the production model. They weren't worth the 500 bucks they sold them for and they aren't worth the 1,500 bucks they are sold for on eBay today!

MR.jpg

The Wand Company got it right (on their prototype). I can't wait to see their production models.

compare1.jpg

That fitting issue with the fins in the back is on the original. It looks interesting on the prop, but on an idealized phaser, it stands out. Another issue from the original is the the fins aren't perfectly parallel.

IMG_1069.JPGIMG_1469.JPGIMG_2073.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpg
    IMG_0808.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 280
Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back