Hero Phaser Scratchbuild

Awesome! Looking forward to more pics! I'm re-doing my old MM as a hero build, but I'm going for electronics as well as the same mechanical features (which obviously is going to require a little redesign...) I'm using a Jlong I messed up for the P1 (touched the soldering iron to the base of the emitter - ugh!) - I've already removed the left rail to make it a GJ version. I'll probably create a new thread when it's far enough along. We should hang out sometime - we're not that far apart.

I missed out on the MM, it came and went long before I knew about it. Are you gonna fillet that MM or just hollow it out?

ASALaw! Hey! Used to hang out on ASAP about ten years ago!

I remember there was a guy on Dewbackwing ASAP who took the TOS Phaser P1/P2 JLong Masterpiece Model kit and the Roddenberry kit, and built both up with a metal handle (made same as originals with popsicle sticks) and every metal part and moveable feature to match the original. It was awesome. I think the thread was called "Twin Sons from Different Mothers. It was a buildup so awesome that I'd like to know who that guy was and invite him here to this thread.

Anyone know who that guy was?

Last edited:
tw3.jpgtwinsopen.jpg
Are these the phasers you were talking about?
From quarryman....years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

mmc.jpg

Attachments

• p123c3.bmp
    600.1 KB · Views: 137
I missed out on the MM, it came and went long before I knew about it. Are you gonna fillet that MM or just hollow it out?
I've already sawed it in half, hollowed it out, and cut off the rear to extend the P1 cradle by 3/16" to accommodate my JL P1. My electronics will be basically the same Adafruit Trinket-based project I'm currently doing for my STIII phaser, but more elaborate. Only planning four modes, Heat, Stun, Kill, and OL. I'll be using an RGB LED, so heat will be orange, stun green, kill blue, and I think for OL it'll just blow up for real. Or maybe fall to the floor, pop open, and raise a flag that says "KABOOM!"

Sounds cool. I'll do an electronic version someday, but for now I'm just doing hero props. No worries Tom, phaser talk is on topic as far as I'm concerned. And thanks for the pics mobius, I was gonna post them but I couldn't find where I saved them. Those were cool builds.

Looking forward to a build thread asa.

Oh I'm still around.
I can't believe anybody remembers the Twin Sons thread. Those builds were great fun, but clearly nothing compared to this level here.
I've actually been following this thread with awe and admiration.
I'm green with envy.
What an awesome chronicle of a journey through P2land.
It's also really fun to see the who's-who of the Phaser world checking in and paying their respects.
Awesome thread.

Sounds cool. I'll do an electronic version someday, but for now I'm just doing hero props. No worries Tom, phaser talk is on topic as far as I'm concerned. And thanks for the pics mobius, I was gonna post them but I couldn't find where I saved them. Those were cool builds.

Looking forward to a build thread asa.
I will definitely do a build thread. Right now, though, I'm on the job from hell and it'll be another couple of weeks before I can even get back to work on it. In the meantime, last month I finished a TWOK belt and a TOS belt. I have lots of pictures, but again I just haven't had time to post. I'll be doing a thread for those both here and on Starfleet1701st. They really, really came out nice.

My Holy Grail prop is still a full top to bottom replica of the original "hero" TOS Phaser with all the same materials to match the original too.

After that the electronic versions are nice to have too.

My Holy Grail prop is still a full top to bottom replica of the original "hero" TOS Phaser with all the same materials to match the original too.

After that the electronic versions are nice to have too.

That's easy. now were Is that time machine build we had around here...:angel

Seeing Rob's work is like a looking glass back through time to the creation of the phaser.

It's an incredible amount of work to match the original TOS Phaser I know. That's the amazing part. Years back I had no idea that the TV show "hero" phaser was so intricate.

Seeing Rob's work is like a looking glass back through time to the creation of the phaser.

It's an incredible amount of work to match the original TOS Phaser I know. That's the amazing part. Years back I had no idea that the TV show "hero" phaser was so intricate.

I had no Idea as well. and Rob Is the perfectionist I would strive to be.

Oh I'm still around.
I can't believe anybody remembers the Twin Sons thread. Those builds were great fun, but clearly nothing compared to this level here.
I've actually been following this thread with awe and admiration.
I'm green with envy.
What an awesome chronicle of a journey through P2land.
It's also really fun to see the who's-who of the Phaser world checking in and paying their respects.
Awesome thread.

Remember? How could I forget that you built the kits with a custom made metal tube handle that you made oblong and added popsicle sticks on it and hand made spring coils and brass nut screw for the batteries, just like on the original.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back