Bandai release schedule

In all these years I never noticed that TIE fighter had the slots forward!

That's it!

it's canon!

I will at least be reversing that one on my D/S trench run!

ok nevermind!

just watched it and it is not reversed!

Last edited:
My favorite kits thats id love to see Bandai release from Rogue One:

60cm+ Hammerhead Corvette
60cm+ Tantive IV
1/12 Jyn Erso, Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus, Saw Gerrera
30cm Death Star

Im sure Disney will always want more sales, but these films arnt a one off sales opportunity, the original Star Wars movie has been selling toys since it was released 40 years ago! I recently bought Hot Toys Luke Farmboy and early Han, 40 years after i saw them at the Cinema! I also got TFA Chewie which was to some an expensive teddy bear! Was i mad, no im just in love with the whole idea of these films, the places they take me, the enduring memories. Theres only one thing wrong with Star Wars.. i dont own the merch rights :D

Imo Disney will take Star Wars to at least Episode 12 with multiple spin off films, meaning lots of new subjects. Bandai have allready released figures and ships from all 3 trilogys and Rogue One. Its good for Bandai that they have so many really cool popular models to choose from to make next. Unless another manufacturer steps up to match Bandai's Quality and produces kits Bandai dont, i can only see myself buying Bandai for the foreseeable future.

Only 2 weeks until Tokyo Show! :D

I can see that, despite RO being the highest grossing film of 2016. In fact, I suspect there's a correlation in the decision to end Rebels so soon. When I pass by the toy aisles in Target and Walmart, I see action figures and sets from TFA, RO and Rebels and I can see consumers easily being confused about what characters belong to what movie or series. And there's the fact that RO was the "darker, more adult" SW flick fanboys have been demanding since TESB. Darker movies make adult fans happy, but they don't necessarily sell plushies and action figures.

which is why we might end up with a Han Solo Movie that has more in common with Pixar's Cars than Star Wars. Disney don't give a **** about making the movies that FANS want if they don't shift billions in merchandise

:facepalm

which is why we might end up with a Han Solo Movie that has more in common with Pixar's Cars than Star Wars. Disney don't give a **** about making the movies that FANS want if they don't shift billions in merchandise

:facepalm

Why else would they decide to go with the "loveable beachball" droid!............it sells product!

People seem to forget it's Lucasfilm that are still in charge of making these films. Led by KK who was handpicked by Lucas to oversee the future of SW. Some of these notions about Disney ruining Star Wars are just nonsense and projection. IMO obviously.
That and you have Dave Filoni. I agree.

Time will tell.

personally, I really enjoyed The force Awakens and LOVED Rogue One, but Knowing Disney as I do (I've worked for them, twice, for about a total of 9 years) no matter how good a movie is, the real money earner for them is the merchandise. The Movies are basically commercials for ancillary products and if they can get Pixar to make c*ap like Cars 2 just to sell toy cars, then the Star Wars universe is by no means free from interference.

Just to make it clear, the Toys sales alone of Cars merchandise has made more money for Disney than ALL the merchandise and movies from the Star Wars series combined over the entire life of the series, including from before Disney bought the property.

Read this if you want an idea of how much influence Disney has over their property.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/how-pixar-lost-its-way/524484/

I'd argue that giving fans (and more specifically FANS) what they want is the death of art. In the case of Star Wars it's even worse because it's a misconception to say the fans want this or that. Show me five Star Wars fans in agreement about anything and I'll find you five more who think the exact opposite. :lol

I'd argue that pandering to the lowest common denominator in the pursuit of the almighty dollar is the death of art. The Four Quadrants, if you want marketing speech..

Then you end up with PG 13 "Horror" movies

Time will tell.

personally, I really enjoyed The force Awakens and LOVED Rogue One, but Knowing Disney as I do (I've worked for them, twice, for about a total of 9 years) no matter how good a movie is, the real money earner for them is the merchandise. The Movies are basically commercials for ancillary products and if they can get Pixar to make c*ap like Cars 2 just to sell toy cars, then the Star Wars universe is by no means free from interference.

Just to make it clear, the Toys sales alone of Cars merchandise has made more money for Disney than ALL the merchandise and movies from the Star Wars series combined over the entire life of the series, including from before Disney bought the property.

Read this if you want an idea of how much influence Disney has over their property.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/how-pixar-lost-its-way/524484/
Well, THAT was a depressing article....that confirmed what had suspected.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BB-8 was from an original concept design from the OT.

it doesn't matter where the design came from, the beach ball droid is still only a marketing tool aimed at children to get their parents to purchase licensed disney products.

I mean seriously, who would design a droid that rolls it's computer casing over the dirt? with a head attached in such a way as to collect more dirt?

it doesn't matter where the design came from, the beach ball droid is still only a marketing tool aimed at children to get their parents to purchase licensed disney products.

I mean seriously, who would design a droid that rolls it's computer casing over the dirt? with a head attached in such a way as to collect more dirt?

Isn't it refreshing to see something we've not see before in droid design though? I doubt BB series droids were designed specifically for travelling across dusty, sandy planets. They're astro mechs after all.

The 1/2 scale BB-8 is in my wish list :)

Isn't it refreshing to see something we've not see before in droid design though? I doubt BB series droids were designed specifically for travelling across dusty, sandy planets. They're astro mechs after all.

The 1/2 scale BB-8 is in my wish list :)

I'm glad you enjoy bb-8 and yes that 1/2 scale model is pretty darn cool actually!

Maybe you're right!...maybe I'm letting my bias against TFA ( I liked RO much better) cloud my judgment!?

I never thought of that!....if bb-8 was designed for the more sterile SW environments the design would not have to take dirt into consideration!

I hope ya get your 1/2 bb-8!

I'm glad you enjoy bb-8 and yes that 1/2 scale model is pretty darn cool actually!

Maybe you're right!...maybe I'm letting my bias against TFA ( I liked RO much better) cloud my judgment!?

I never thought of that!....if bb-8 was designed for the more sterile SW environments the design would not have to take dirt into consideration!

I hope ya get your 1/2 bb-8!
Hehe thanks! I've got my eye on the Zvezda Star Destroyer, but I'm holding off until the big news from Bandai just in case. BB-8 is going to have to wait :p

When you talk about RO I can't help but wonder if they had chosen one of the better designs for what became the U-Wing...

Poor R2-D2 had to endure sand for Episode IV, then a snow and a muddy swamp for Episode V haha, these Astromechs are supposed to be in space!

Pretty much done with these three.
ajdETwI.jpg

88NQfxl.jpg

t4lz69e.jpg

FgXkQde.jpg

bGVdLDc.jpg

Lynn

Hehe thanks! I've got my eye on the Zvezda Star Destroyer, but I'm holding off until the big news from Bandai just in case. BB-8 is going to have to wait :p

When you talk about RO I can't help but wonder if they had chosen one of the better designs for what became the U-Wing...

Poor R2-D2 had to endure sand for Episode IV, then a snow and a muddy swamp for Episode V haha, these Astromechs are supposed to be in space!

yeah, I wasn't impressed with any of the new designs:eek but maybe it's because I'm old and afraid of change;)

I thought the same thing for r2!..he would be perfect in a handicap accessible city, but utterly useless in sand,snow, and swamp!

I think that is why they gave him Rocket Jets in the prequels- he had to do a lot and no way he could just roll around to get there.
I bet half his bleeping is cursing the mechanic that decided to remove that feature...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back