Fine tuning 1/288 Revell Millennium Falcon EasyKit

Very impressive stuff, seriously, how do you work at such a small scale? I'd love to see a video or something, I struggle with scratching details at 4x the scale!

Thanks everyone. Wokky: sorry no videos. Why I can work so small? I guess I when I look at this scale I see it as 1/72 or bigger, It gives me that "zen" moment ;)
duality: Planning to ad foil but at this moment I am not satisfied with the three leds, I will add 5 leds in blue and white for even lighting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, back again. Moving a bit further. Trying out new technique: 3D printed parts.
With many thanks to Tony from shape way. He was willing to do a few critical parts for me which even for me (I think) almost impossible to make.

Cockpit interior.

Radar disk

Disk stand

Cockpit canopy type 32" Falcon.

And engine grill.

For those of you who wants to have these parts go ahead and check it out on shape ways.

Last edited:
So, I cut off the cockpit canopy for a new one. Like to know your opinion so please, let me know.

Not all to happy with my homemade engine grill and will replace it for the 3D printed one. It comes in two stages: one light diffuser and in front of it comes the grill.

Hope my new chip leds arrives soon for instalment.

OMG... I said it before and I will say it again... you are a SICK MAN!!! (but in ways I can respect). Are you going to make me curl up in the fetal position on the floor once again? ;)

OMG... I said it before and I will say it again... you are a SICK MAN!!! (but in ways I can respect). Are you going to make me curl up in the fetal position on the floor once again? ;)

Wait for it, I try to scratch build the Lazer gun first. If it turn out well then we both curl up together. :D

I may give a try to the new revell kit for a diorama besid the slight difference in scale do you think thoose 3D parts would fit?

As far as I know it fits just fine. Little modification here or there. Tony printed on my request with measurement that I provided.
There is one engine grill with my name on his Shapeways list (Duong). Don't take that one! It's modified special for my Falcon.

As far as I know it fits just fine. Little modification here or there. Tony printed on my request with measurement that I provided.
There is one engine grill with my name on his Shapeways list (Duong). Don't take that one! It's modified special for my Falcon.

Ok thanks for the informations :cheers

Started to make the laser cannon and yoke, awfully small..

Primer time..

Test fitting..

Yes, 4 barrel cannon..

Very happy with the 3D printed canopy.

Again, beside the 1/144.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back