Bandai 1/144 Falcon Parts from FZ6 and Shapeways

We have a problem.... I just got an email from Shapeways saying they CAN'T make the 5 footer dish that I ordered. That's a problem since I also ordered the base, which won't do me any good if I have no dish to put on it. Has anyone else gotten a notice about the dish or other parts like this?

That's interesting. I got my radar in the mail yesterday, but no base, so they're figuring out where the hiccup was and hopefully sending one out.

The email said: "Thanks again for placing an order with Shapeways. Unfortunately, we are unable to manufacture one of the products in order #xxxxxxx.Given the nature of 3D printing, every now and then we catch designs that are too fragile to create in certain materials. Though we do our best to identify these issues as early as possible, some are only found during the manufacturing process."

And the page with the dish now says it's not for sale any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you you can't get one I'll sell you mine as I decided to not go that route.

The email said: "Thanks again for placing an order with Shapeways. Unfortunately, we are unable to manufacture one of the products in order #xxxxxxx.Given the nature of 3D printing, every now and then we catch designs that are too fragile to create in certain materials. Though we do our best to identify these issues as early as possible, some are only found during the manufacturing process."

The email said: "Given the nature of 3D printing, every now and then we catch designs that are too fragile to create in certain materials. Though we do our best to identify these issues as early as possible, some are only found during the manufacturing process."

Didn't Jaitea get his dish and say it was perfect? What would make this product any more "fragile" than any other they sell? I don't know. Smells hinky to me.

Was this one of Tony's (308bits) parts?

Edit- I just checked, it is Tony's part. Hang in there, Tony's a great guy and I'm sure all will be worked out.

If you you can't get one I'll sell you mine as I decided to not go that route.

Thanks, Datfly. I may take you up on that since I had to cancel the base part of the order also since no dish was coming.

Was this one of Tony's (308bits) parts?

Edit- I just checked, it is Tony's part. Hang in there, Tony's a great guy and I'm sure all will be worked out.

I may message him and see if he has any info as to why they'd suddenly say it wasn't workable when it's been done for others.

I'm so glad that my dish is in. I'm very curious what the real problem is for that email is standard Shapeways writing.
Hope you'll get that dish Betamin.
I'm going for the vents and seats.

Last edited:
Here's a shot of the baffles for behind the engine grill. Very nice, molded open, and semi transparent. I'll leave them as is, no paint so they should light up nicely. Just doing a test fit right now. I used strips of styrene for even spacing.

Attachments

• 2dqimgm.jpg
    2dqimgm.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 2r5dlsl.jpg
    2r5dlsl.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 196
Here's a shot of the baffles for behind the engine grill. Very nice, molded open, and semi transparent. I'll leave them as is, no paint so they should light up nicely. Just doing a test fit right now. I used strips of styrene for even spacing.

Looking good Robiwon, very tempting :thumbsup

I'm so glad that my dish is in. I'm very curious what the real problem is for that email is standard Shapeways writing.
Hope you'll get that dish Betamin.
I'm going for the vents and seats.

Thanks! I cancelled the dish base and vents, thinking "if they can't do a dish, how are they going to do open vents with those tiny flat lines?" I send a PM to Tony via shapeways site to see if he knew what was up.

You always get the coolest stuff....jealous...:$.....don't like you anymore...;)....and I am never speaking to you again....:lol

It seems odd that they are having problems with the dish of all things...

The window frames are extremely delicate in their printed nature. I figured they would have a problem with them, if anything.

Just heard back from Tony and he said they will be available again probably tomorrow. He didn't know why they did that when the part has already been made.

Hi guys!

Many thanks for your support and patience!!!

The reason that Shapeways is not printing my dish is that they've changed the printing rules for FUD and FXD...

The minimum thickness for wires has increased from 0.3 mm to 0.6 mm... Incredible!

My 5 footer radar dish has the inner circle -over the central cone- that's 0.31 mm thick, and now Shapeways wants a thickness of 0.6 mm...

Curiously my dish has been printed several times with no problems, with a 95% success printing rate... No problems at all with my design.

The only problem is that they've changed the printing rules... That's not fair!!!

You can check my radar dish and other parts designed for Marko -a 20 mm radar dish; thanks for the shot Marko!-, perfectly printed:

MF BANDAI 144-anh-falcon-22.jpg

I'm arguing with Shapeways about that and I'm waiting the answer... I will make available the dishes as soon as they answer me with a positive message...

Really upset...

Hopefully you get good news Tony! I'm behind you and your products, top notch stuff. I'll be ordering more stuff tomorrow!!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back