Captain America - Avengers: Age of Ultron Costume (UPDATED - FINISHED PICS ON PAGE 3)

Re: Captain America - Avengers: Age of Ultron Costume (UPDATED)

So you 3d printed the red on silver metallic vinyl and then highlighted it with the sharpie?

Either way, the detail on the single A photo is so exacting you could use it for a high-def wallpaper. :thumbsup

So you 3d printed the red on silver metallic vinyl and then highlighted it with the sharpie?

It's not 3d printed at all, I just designed it to look like it had some dimension. When printed on the metallic vinyl, the sheen does most the work in faking the 3d look :p
Glad you like it though, means it's working haha

Hi, kind of new to this whole cosplay thing could you possibly pm me on how to do it a little better I'm a bit of a heavier set guy but built at the same time and really want to do this cosplay for the Avengers midnight showing..

Amazing work could you tell us a little more about how you created the shoulder pads and chest arrows is it just leatherette?

Amazing work could you tell us a little more about how you created the shoulder pads and chest arrows is it just leatherette?

Yeah it's simply leatherette but took several attempts in paper to get the template somewhere I thought looked right. The chest pattern was much simpler as it's more or less flat. Looking back at the reference I think I sewed the centre of the chest in the wrong way, but in the grand scheme of things it shouldn't be a problem

Had a free evening to work on my suit some more, so I put the collar piece together and the zipper in the back. Tried on the shoulder pad to see how it fit too haha!

image.jpg

Made some decent progress with the sleeves over the weekend! They'll look way better once I've made the shirt to attach them to lol

image.jpg

Awesome could you explain the process of making the shoulder pads? It's a piece of my build I'm really struggling with, stitching methods etc

This is fantastic what thickness did you use for the leather straps?

This is fantastic what thickness did you use for the leather straps?
I determined the strap thickness purely based off of my harness buckle (from DStengler) and the widths of webbing I had available to detail it with. I believe at it's widest my harness is about 68mm.

Awesome could you explain the process of making the shoulder pads? It's a piece of my build I'm really struggling with, stitching methods etc
The shoulder pads were tricky, I designed 3 or 4 templates in paper before committing to the final layout. Luckily for this area I'm not using any stretch fabrics, so I was able to use a basic straight stitch to assemble the whole thing. The inner part of the shoulder has the patch pre-sewn in place before it was attached to the leatherette outer ring. Kinda tricky to explain without illustration, but there ya go. :p

View attachment 478227
i just saw this and thought it might be of use to you for reference
Thanks man. That's the Civil War suit (very different in alot of ways to the Age of Ultron suit), but I'm definitely gonna attempt to tackle the undersuit in a similar way.

Yeah they are night and day both but both are BA I was thinking with the direction your build is taking this would help as a base for reference so you dont get too hot and help show function lol

It's not 3d printed at all, I just designed it to look like it had some dimension. When printed on the metallic vinyl, the sheen does most the work in faking the 3d look :p
Glad you like it though, means it's working haha

You should sell them, great work.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back