DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

http://www.cinemacafe.net/article/img/2015/04/29/30899/154300.html Can anybody rip the pic from this site? Doesn't show much apart from the spacer. I don't know if it is known, but you can kinda see the yellowy-ness brassyness I mentioned.

I'll see if I can blow this up some. Unfortunately whoever posted the pic on the website shrank it to load faster.

154300.jpg

Yeah, it's all pixelated when I blow it up.

Screenshot 2016-07-21 23.34.25.png

I think that brassyness is from the lights being yellowish. I did a little color correction to fix that.

154300-cc.png

It looked a bit brassy in real life (the spacer under the bracket). I'll double check this next time. It was too busy to lean down and look for long.

edit:
@newmagrathea Have one more. There is a great pic of the DL-44 in the link below.

http://top.tsite.jp/entertainment/cinema/i/23473389/

28434118786_ffa59fd590_b.jpg

this one is a hell of a lot better than my ninja photography. Grips look painted, brown showing beneath.

Last edited:
Holy crap! Look at how far that scope mount sits from the mag well!! I never would've thought it sat that high!

These are great photos!

Yessir! For everyone's build, as a matter of fact!!

Thank you so very much for all your help!!

I really want to build this blaster now, as I've seen it for real and it is only an MGC (not a real mauser, an impossibility for a Brit/Japan resident). I've got Bobadebt's Bespin luke parts on the way though :lol I might stash them away and keep my MGC a virgin until I find the Hoth bits. (Do any parts need remade based on new pics? I'll try do my best to get flash hider reference)

Flash hider, for sure. BobaDebt's done a dagummed great job with the scope bracket, Thorens disc and scopes. I'm not sure what he was offering regarding spacers for the bracket, but they may need to be modified to make them a hair taller.

He definitely did one hell of an amazing job with this last project, that's for sure.

In the movie it definately had brown grips.

HothBlasterClose_Ref__zps0dd9cfad.png

So it´s probably painted after the movie, maybe even a complete later rebuild. Unfortunately that makes those todays pics look more or less unreliable, we can´t know what is accurate and what has been changed since filming.

That's a good catch. The one at the exhibition matches this one

cdea_3_1_.png

The weathering patches (although it is more scratched now) and the wonky front scope bolt match. What is the context of the above image?

I don't think it was built for the Visions show. All the replica stuff looked like trash and was labelled as a replica. This had the "Lucasfilm Museum of Narrative Art" tag - whatever that means.

Google only throws up some magazine about props. The pic looks like it is from around 2007

The-Things-They-Carried-Page-7-x600.jpg

It's from the archives though it seems.

Last edited:
Both the one with the brown grips and the one on display are supposedly the exact same prop. It could very well be that the grips were painted later, after the Hoth shoot.

As long as an item is not in the state of the movie anymore, it still might be the same as while filming, and from the archives - just with a different appearance.

It´s not the first altered item, such information might still be valid in parts, but needs to be taken with caution. It might have been damaged while filming, later fixed for the archives, just not the same way as it was.

My hunch is that the flash hider is at least the same. I will sneak pics of it. I also have a peek underneath to see if the grip on the other side is brown :lol

We can´t trust the blaster as it is now. But even after fixing it (altering it, ruining it, ....) for the archives most parts can be used for reference ..... Flashhider, MGC, maybe the scopemount, ....

But we can´t trust any assembly or painting without pics from the movie that proove any detail.

Maybe the scopemount was in the movie closer to the receiver, maybe not. Any todays pictures might give new insights, but we don´t know if they are accurate, not without evidence directly from the time of filming the item.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back