Preacher

Was reading the comic since month one. Even got **** COMMUNISM lighters made.
I've forgotten more about Preacher than new to Preacher viewers will ever learn from this show.
Rogan's works hold zero appeal to me. So there is red flag one.
Also race change of Tulip is not cool. Red flag two, not respecting the source material.
A southern white woman vs a southern black woman are gong to have
very different experiences. Tulip was raised by her gun lovin' daddy,
there is a lot of southern culture served up and roasted in Preacher with things like that and I'm already not
a fan of changing characters races, and yes, Tulip being a white female in the south is formative
just as much as being black female in the south.
And yes I would be just as grumpy if it was the other way around. But we know that doesn't happen much, well
unless it's stealing from Asian films. Sorry, making homages.

What Cesna said.... not even gonna tune in.
Seth Rogan being involved with Preacher generates the exact level of excitement that hearing Michael Bay is involved with TMNT...
which is to say none.

The comics are one of my absolute favourites so I can understand your frustration and worries.
I used to feel the same way, but since then I've come to terms with it all and prefer things changing up a little. I don't want to follow the exact same stories I've read before, seems pretty pointless and the main importance is to stay true to the characters imo. For instance, changing Tulip's ethnicity doesn't automatically mean to alter her character nor the course of the whole series, but instead it might bring something new to the table.
It's pretty interesting to see Seth Rogen attached to this. The comics in itself is enormously funny at times and he should be given another shot at a "superhero" since he screwed up Green Hornet. He seems nerdy enough to understand and respect Preacher and hopefully he's learned by his mistakes.

Just watched the premier. It wasn't bad, but then again, I've never read the comics so I went in to it pretty much knowing nothing about it.

I can see exactly why they have tweaked things - and I can also see the potential of this adaptation.

A good first episode, takes things fairly slowly, by the end of the episode, you definitely want more if it's your kinda thing.

That particular scene with Arseface had me a little bit emotional if I'm honest - something I did not expect to happen considering what I read in the comics.

Do not check this out if you expect purity from the comics, we all know that cannot be achieved for many reasons. The comic is amazing, and it will still be amazing long after the show is over. Be open minded, and see what you think!

Watched the pilot. Enjoyed it very much. Seems like they got a lot of superhero actors in this. Dominic Cooper (Howard Stark), Ruth Negga (Raina from AoS), Joseph Gilgun (Misfits), Jackie Earl Haley (Rorschach from Watchmen).

Best part of the pilot? Tom Cruise. If you watched it, you know what I'm talking about.

I watched it and I just don't think it's for me. At no point did I feel any real engagement in it and although I can appreciate the over-the-topness of it, it was just a bit much.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back