Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal mask My build

@kurtyboy:Thanks.Yes I cutted this buy hand.A lot of my parts are build from scratch.

Sym-Cha:No...its a complete different part.Look at the last little arm..its like a uprising on it.And the other arms are flat.No one of the parts on the face has one of this details.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could be correct ... and nice scratch builds ... however I just did a comparison in PS and with some minor adjustments to compensate for the lens distortion and angle ... at least to me the shape appears to be almost the same :

Both parts in above picture are from the real mask. So those three vintage parts are somehow related in the real world, don't you agree?

Chaim

The shape looks like the same.But the little arms are complete different.But how big the part on the top really is,can you not say,because you have no other part from the face on the top of the mask for a comparison.

Indeed I don't have those parts at all ... and I do see the slight differences indeed ... I'm just curious to know what the origin is :) Meanwhile you carry on scratch building them . . . in time I'll get back to you once I have use for them. My Reveal project is on the back burner for now . . . I love Kurtyboy's accurate medical foam liner which arrived last week.

Chaim

Have you made any progress recently? I'm going to check which parts are still missing from my stash ... so I can concentrate on collecting them, before I tackle the main mask and chin connection :wacko

Chaim

Okay ... since Mark is still hard at work ... I decided to post pictures of all my collected parts sofar ... for Mark and Markus as well as Marcus and everyone involved in creating the über accurate Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal to acknowledge which parts I still need to finish this properly :wacko

Chaim

Some of your parts are good...some not.It´s always the question ...how accurate do you want your mask!;)
For the build its the best you will look on the Paris Expo pics(a nice guy made them years ago)...You can see all parts you still need and where they are on the mask.You don´t have all parts.You need a lot of other parts when you want to build the mask complete in and outside.
I have not all parts complete so I cannot make you a shot of my complete kit now.

I have some new parts in silicon today...I will post new pics very soon.:)
It needs always a long time to finish this prop complete.And its not cheap at the end.:(

Last edited:
Thanks ... yes I know ... I have some pictures of other builds I found online with more parts I need ... and that Paris Expo website is in my bookmarks ... alas I'm still a long way from home ... I wish sskunky or other's would come to the rescue any time soon. Awaiting your pictures :)

Chaim

New parts with original markings:

21638150od.jpg

I am just waiting on the copper dynodes to arrive. If anyone needs some do pm me as I will have some spare. Sorry it took so long but they aren't cheap and just didn't have the spare cash available sooner as it was all tied up in my ROTJ E11 project.

All your scratch parts are looking great.

All the best MARK! Lol

PM send ... and will you offer more parts up for sale sskunky? I'll get in touch with you too Kroenen77, when the time comes to concentrate on my ROTJ Reveal build :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back