What options are there when a seller doesn't deliver and won't respond to emails?

StarHelix

I ordered a saber from Parks which is now 7 weeks past the 10-12 week production time claimed on his website. I emailed him when I hadn't received it at the end of the 12 weeks and he told me to wait another 2 weeks due to a delay on parts. At the end of that period he gave me a generic response about being swamped with orders due to the release of the TFA and asked that I wait another 2 weeks. Once again, the 2 weeks go by and... nothing. This time he says there was a delay with customs and again asked that I wait 2 weeks... I then asked him if he could at least confirm my order would ship within that 2 week window and if not I wanted a full refund. Now, he's stopped responding to email.

This is my first experience ordering an unlicensed prop. What options do I have for recouping the money I paid? Is it asking too much that a seller communicate openly when you've paid them for a service?

I'm sorta in the same boat. I ordered a graflex and kobold ring from him (that was before I joined the RPF and knew better). I got the Graflex 2 weeks ago but nothing else. I've sent him messages through the website and by email without response. I honestly want him just to refund my money so I can order from Roy.... I was considering filling a compliant with the better business bureau.

I say just keep sending emails. I bought a mpp in January and it finally arrived way after his projection date. He is know for bad communication but eventually will deliver. He also is the only one selling the mpp for some reason. If it were a different saber than an mpp, you have other options.

His delivery time can range from 'right on time' to 'crazy past the date' but as far as I know he's never not delivered on a Parks made product.

The best way to follow up on your order is to call him.

to add to this, because he was the only one with the mpp, I went for it. For my own sake, I did pay with paypal and used a credit card. paypal upped the dispute from 90 to 180 days. it is meant more for electronics and preorders however they will still open claims when needed. I got this info directly from paypal not too long ago when I was trading and selling vintage star wars toys while building my collection.

to add to this, because he was the only one with the mpp, I went for it. For my own sake, I did pay with paypal and used a credit card. paypal upped the dispute from 90 to 180 days. it is meant more for electronics and preorders however they will still open claims when needed. I got this info directly from paypal not too long ago when I was trading and selling vintage star wars toys while building my collection.
I don't remember seeing an option to pay with Paypal on his site. If I had I definitely would have used it.

Yea...."on time" has never been his forte. There are threads on here of people getting their stuff, but almost all with extensive wait times.
It's not so much the wait that bothers me. It's the canned "thank you for your patience... wait two more weeks" crap that was really getting to me. It's pretty obvious that he just uses that line every time he receives a request for a progress update and it really has nothing to do with any specific order. I just want a legit timeline for my order. It's really not that complicated.

It's not so much the wait that bothers me. It's the canned "thank you for your patience... wait two more weeks" crap that was really getting to me. It's pretty obvious that he just uses that line every time he receives a request for a progress update and it really has nothing to do with any specific order. I just want a legit timeline for my order. It's really not that complicated.

The thing with Jeff is, he's really not that concerned with your wait. Like I said, I've never heard from anyone in 14 years that they ordered a Parks made product and he didn't eventually deliver. Back when we had a group buy on his old 'saber kit' I think the wait was about 2 years but he delivered.

File a dispute, or wait. One way you get your money, the other you get your item. Either way is okay with Parks. His business is booming again, now more than ever. I don't mean to sound unsympathetic but if you can wait you will get your items. Eventually.

I don't remember seeing an option to pay with Paypal on his site. If I had I definitely would have used it.
his site has changed as to what is being offered and I just tried a purchase and paypal is no longer listed. but still, credit cards offer a lot of protection. he will deliver sooner or later. as mentioned, there haven't been reports of non delivering.
I

The thing with Jeff is, he's really not that concerned with your wait. Like I said, I've never heard from anyone in 14 years that they ordered a Parks made product and he didn't eventually deliver. Back when we had a group buy on his old 'saber kit' I think the wait was about 2 years but he delivered.

File a dispute, or wait. One way you get your money, the other you get your item. Either way is okay with Parks. His business is booming again, now more than ever. I don't mean to sound unsympathetic but if you can wait you will get your items. Eventually.
Well, apparently it matters to him somewhat. I asked for a refund and he stopped responding to emails... You'd think since he's clearly backed up on orders that he'd have no problem canceling mine since that would mean others would get theirs that much faster. I've sold on ebay and Amazon for years and I've never made someone go thru the hassle of filing a claim to get a refund. That's just pathetic. But like I said earlier, I have contacted my credit card company. I'm just waiting to hear back

The first week of March I ordered buttons and a couple other small parts before he pulled them, then the got delivered the last week of April. Well I ordered 2 glass eyes and only one showed up. I contacted him via email, a voicemail and through the contact form on his site. He responded a week or two later and said sorry about that I will mail it tomorrow. I wrote back saying "hey I know you're swamped, if you let me order a few more parts I'll pay for shipping. No response, 6 weeks later they still didn't show. I sent an email earlier this week saying "I know you're swamped but 6 weeks to mail a part you missed on my order? Come on man" he wrote back, send me your address.

I've never heard of him not delivering, but it could take a year. Also he's known to be very impatient and short fused with people. Customer service is seriously lacking at Parks but they usually deliver....eventually. I would email, voicemail and contact form via website. It's just sucks, they could double their business overnight if they had a better order processing time and actually treated their customers a little better. Every time I order from TheCustomSaberShop I get my order in like 3 days.

Credit cards should be covered for fraud/theft.

One of my earliest prop experiences was pre ordering the life-size Episode II Yoda which I paid for with PayPal using a credit card I had added. As the PayPal cover had expired I filed a claim with the credit card company who refunded me much to paypal's dismay (they probably had to pay the credit card company back) who warned me not to do it again or I would lose my account. Scum.

Just got a reply from Parks from my second email last week. He asked for my PayPal and sent me a refund within minutes....

I cant believe 'eventually he will deliver' is even acceptable on these forums.

Thats great thet he'll eventually 'ship things'... but when someone makes a statement about availability and shipping times, people make decisions off those statements.

He gets away with this because people let him. (period)..

That being said.. I -do- understand that he works with manufacturers in China.. and not only communication but 'readiness' can change sometimes... but hes been doing this FOR SOME TIME NOW.. and should have a better handle on things. 1-3 weeks.. sure.. 3-6 months! Are kidding me?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back