Greedo Blaster Discussion

I collecting parts for this build and I have questions...

1. What exactly are the coaxial parts on the Tomtit part. An is that what it looks like or is the a piece of a bigger piece?
2. What is being used for the piece between the two tomtit plungers? And does that entire combination attach directly to the body , or is there some sort of riser?
3. Is someone going to make updated turntable parts?

100% positive the barrel protrusion is a Michell part. I'm fairly certain it's the body of an older style sweep arm from a Hydraulic Reference. The later model was used a lot in ESB (Fett's toe spikes etc), but the older model was used in ANH. Most of the piece is hidden by the radial engine part, but the taper is clear and there is a definite center hole.

Are you referring to this part? http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/atta...down-michell_sweeparm_03-jpg-31815d1234537936

If so, how are the older parts different?

Are you referring to this part? http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/atta...down-michell_sweeparm_03-jpg-31815d1234537936

If so, how are the older parts different?
Yes, that's the later sweep arm used for Fett.
The older sweep arm looks like this...
$_57-2.JPG
You can see the thicker body section is much longer and more tapered. This is the piece in the barrel of the Greedo gun.
The small cone shape piece at the top of the black stem is the back end of the "missile" on the side of the gun.

Pieces of this arm show up on other A New Hope props, but the other type of sweep arm doesn't show up on props until Empire.

Can someone help

I collecting parts for this build and I have questions...

1. What exactly are the coaxial parts on the Tomtit part. An is that what it looks like or is the a piece of a bigger piece?
2. What is being used for the piece between the two tomtit plungers? And does that entire combination attach directly to the body , or is there some sort of riser?
3. Is someone going to make updated turntable parts?

Also...

I know the discs cover up the top screw on the grip. How are people doing this? Just gluing it on? Drilling through it? What?

Last edited:
Yes, that's the later sweep arm used for Fett.
The older sweep arm looks like this...
View attachment 362489
You can see the thicker body section is much longer and more tapered. This is the piece in the barrel of the Greedo gun.
The small cone shape piece at the top of the black stem is the back end of the "missile" on the side of the gun.

Pieces of this arm show up on other A New Hope props, but the other type of sweep arm doesn't show up on props until Empire.

So is it your belief that a hole was drilled in the Tomtit parts the sweep are passed though and rested in what remained of the barrel and the threaded end was hacked off (assuming the threaded end was part of the arm and not the knurled knob)?

I have a handful here - I take it two are used for the blaster on the one side? let me make a mini inventory so I can help some people out.

I'm going to keep posting my questions till I get answers.

1. What is being used for the piece between the two tomtit plungers? And does that entire combination attach directly to the body , or is there some sort of riser?
  2. Is someone going to make updated turntable parts?
  3. I know the discs cover up the top screw on the grip. How are people doing this? Just gluing it on? Drilling through it? What?

1. I used some nylon I had lying around and made a little cylinder that the brass rod could pass through. I used the base of a piece of t-track as a riser.
2. I don't know. That would be nice.
3. I used a longer screw with the same thread pitch.

People are likely not answering because the reference photos are so bad, we don't know for sure and have to make it up as we go, get creative.

I know it's not a quick solution, but I'm planning on going to celebration next year, perhaps they'll have some pics/props that might make for better reference. With all the hoopla, you never know what they might pull out or ppl might even bring....but I'll be lookin [emoji106]

I am trying to make a 3d model of a barrel to replace the bull barrel of my airsoft. The problem is, this is the only the second item I have ever modeled, and the first thing was a lot simpler.

The problem is that I am limited to free apps. They are either way over my head or too limiting. I had to design in one program to get certain items, and then transfer to another to do other details. The other problem is that when I transferred original trilogy over, it became about 33% larger and I had to rescale.

This is what I came up with:

http://shpws.me/vAqY

I am concerned about the end of the barrel. The idea is that it should fit into the Tomtit part, and have just the right amount of barrel left showing. I'm not sure it will fit properly or not or if the remaining barrel length is correct.

Any comments? Suggestions?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back