New Doctor Who Series Discussion *Spoilers*

The way I read that with Tom Baker, is that the Doctor chose to regenerate in a future regeneration to look like his 4th regeneration. So he could be 13th+ and would recall everything.

I quite liked the episode. I was able to suspend my disbelief for the silly "germ spiders" but the laying a new egg thing took me right out of it. Lol

How ridiculous. I do like that they seem to be setting up Clara's departure though. Capaldi was great once again.

I am loving Capaldi as The Doctor, he gets better with every episode. Clara has made me mad in quite a few, so I'm thinking I wont miss her when she's gone

Finally watched this week's episode. Man, LOVED IT.

Clara was the best she's been this season, the story was good, Capaldi was fantastic. He rides the line really well.

Great episode. Easily the best of the season.

I was unsure about Capaldi when I first learned he was gonna be the new doctor but it didn't take long for me to like him. Loved the last episode!

This week's was another good one (graffiti episode). Imaginative, original ideas, scary (for kids), novel looking, well-executed FX. Even Clara wasn't annoying.

The last two episodes have been surprisingly good. Got to admit I laughed like hell when the "hermit crab" Tardis ran off the railway. One of the funniest moments ever in a Who!!! Sometimes it really feels like Capaldi is channeling Tom Baker and Clara was very good in this. Just shows what a difference a well written episode can make.

Sometimes it really feels like Capaldi is channeling Tom Baker and Clara was very good in this. Just shows what a difference a well written episode can make.

I've said it from the word go, that his look and personality will be the incarnation of Tom Baker, actually, even before his first episode as the Doctor..

I'm just wondering how long it takes before someone has ALL sizes and shapes of the TARDIS in their Collection..

I also enjoyed this episode. It seems that Capaldi works best when he's given 'classic' style stories. There's the monsters, the danger, can't use the Tardis, important-type-talking but all with the hint of that dark side to The Doctor. "You were an excellent Doctor, goodness had nothing to do with it" - sums up the tough (impossible) choices he has to make all the time.
So, I'd like more of this, action adventure mixed with a balance of the silly and the dark, I suppose that is a lot like Tom Baker era stories, and that's ok. Less of this "big important mystery that I'm shoving in your face and then blatantly not resolving for ages" stuff Moffat.

I liked this episode too. I really enjoyed the banter (own sided as it was) when Clara introduced herself as The Doctor. The effects were good and it was nice to see a huge amount of effects that weren't all spacey. The first smaller tardis they crawl out of I so want for some reason.

I was surprised, considering how good the majority of the effects were, that they couldn't be bother to reverse the image of Clara in the mirror. Surely that's basic stuff?

I was surprised, considering how good the majority of the effects were, that they couldn't be bother to reverse the image of Clara in the mirror. Surely that's basic stuff?

Most likely just an oversight as opposed to a technical issue. Flipping an image is easy to do, even the most basic image editing software can do it but you have to think to do it first.

Last edited:
I have really enjoyed the last two episodes. I'm glad they are finally been doing good episode. And is it just me or was Tim Curry the voice of the computer on the train ?

Caught it late this week. The episode was okay.

Loved the Hermit Crab TARDIS... But... Why exactly was the TARDIS shrinking? I mean, okay, the creatures were leaching power so it was becoming dimensionally unstable. But that should have made the outward size BIGGER right? And then the magic "TARDIS is back, monsters destroyed!" thing... Eh.

The worst part by far though was that stupid ipad scene at the end. Hating this season arc.

They were leeching 'dimensional energy' which reduced the size. I wouldn't focus on it too much, the 'science' of the TARDIS is mostly rubbish.

Ya, but it shouldn't be so damn glaring. Leeching dimensional energy would still make it bigger, because that's it's natural state. It uses the energy to make itself smaller and lighter on the outside.

I digress though, the episode was okay and nothing so severe as a 500' tall dinosaur. :lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back