Things you're tired of seeing in movies

I know i'm old, but, can you give an example of dramatic dubstep in a movie? Not sure i even know what dubstep is......apart from what Claptrap does in Borderlands 2....

Rich

I know i'm old, but, can you give an example of dramatic dubstep in a movie? Not sure i even know what dubstep is......apart from what Claptrap does in Borderlands 2....
You're one up on me, I don't play videogames either. I have no idea what any of that means.

Rich

You're one up on me, I don't play videogames either. I have no idea what any of that means.

It's mostly done in action sequences. Most recently in my memory, ASM2 was all DRAMATIC BASS DROPPING DUBSTEP. It's that electronic music with ear assaulting WUBWUBWUB bass

Oddly, I don't think a woman gets really attractive until she hits thirty or so, in most cases. Maybe I'm just a MILF hunter - but by the time she's thirty, she's filled out in her body a bit, and her personality has settled down - she's finally over all that "drama" that girls are into in their teens and twenties.
I can't disagree with you a bit here. My wife recently turned 39 and I'd take her over any 20-something I've ever met in person. While she does look young for her age, I don't feel the creepiness I think I'd feel with anyone younger than her (I'm 44 years old).
Remember in high school, there was that one girl every school has who was dating a 20-something (or maybe even oldere than that)? I never understood that when I was a teen and I understand it even less now.
Must be a power thing for the guys who troll for the young ones.
A co-worker just the other day asked, "I wonder when guys like us became invisible to teen girls?" I looked at him oddly and said, "probably before they became invisible to me." If I saw a really pretty girl in her teens and I was single, I'd probably try to imagine what her Mon must look like.

I can't disagree with you a bit here. My wife recently turned 39 and I'd take her over any 20-something I've ever met in person. While she does look young for her age, I don't feel the creepiness I think I'd feel with anyone younger than her (I'm 44 years old).
Remember in high school, there was that one girl every school has who was dating a 20-something (or maybe even oldere than that)? I never understood that when I was a teen and I understand it even less now.
Must be a power thing for the guys who troll for the young ones.
A co-worker just the other day asked, "I wonder when guys like us became invisible to teen girls?" I looked at him oddly and said, "probably before they became invisible to me." If I saw a really pretty girl in her teens and I was single, I'd probably try to imagine what her Mon must look like.

Heh. I just turned 42, my wife turns 59 in a week and a half. People get our ages reversed all the time (I've seen far more of the world, and man's inhumanity to man, than she has. She was a cop before going out on disability for a blown ACL, I was SpecOps before getting profiled for a blown knee and retired.)

She's still maintained her youth, I was born old.

Anyhow, just to show you where my preferences lie (my age/her age):
14/15 (we stayed together for three years - was still with her when we "picked up a third," briefly)
16/17/48 ("the third." interesting story that I really don't feel like going into now, but fun)
18/31 (I was home about one day a month, so not an exclusive relationship. She had a long-term FWB from before, timing sometimes got interesting with my skeds.)
21/25 (my "token psycho" - everybody needs to date one.)
25/42 (married her fifteen years ago.)

Erin - my first - was very mature for her age, wasn't into all that damned drama that girls are into now (and were then, in a limited fashion.) Things got fun after about a week, when I finally twigged that her dad was my dentist! ("If love is blind, it's because sometimes you can't see around your own erection.")

My wife is also my tallest - at 5'2" (and just over a foot shorter than I am. I've long preferred small women.)

But can't you appreciate the attractiveness of a picture of a young pretty girl without the thought "yeah, but she's probably a drama queen" ruin it for you? You don't have to marry a pretty picture. ;)

But can't you appreciate the attractiveness of a picture of a young pretty girl without the thought "yeah, but she's probably a drama queen" ruin it for you? You don't have to marry a pretty picture. ;)

Not talking about pictures of pretty girls - talking about actual pretty girls.

I can appreciate a picture just as well as the next man (and many women,) but when you actually meet the subject of the picture? One of two things often happens:
- You find out she's a total drama queen or some sort of high-maintenance PITA, and the picture loses its attraction.
- You find out that she's just as sweet a person as you'd hoped she was - witty, bright, well-grounded, &c - and you're totally smitten.

I've had both happen.

Oftimes, you're better off leaving the picture as a picture - the added dimension can ruin the image...

Gotcha, but this came up because of discussion of pics of the ET girl then and now, not "what kind of woman would you date", so I was ...um okay, cool.... ;)

Sorry I havent read all 35 pages, so this might have been done.

What I hate is when someone has just bought a brand new car and a cop borrows it for a car chase, and it gets completely smashed up, and we are supposed to find this funny.

There should be prison time for anyone using this phrase whevever someone sees someone following them with a car or aircraft:
"We've got company."
What I hate is when someone has just bought a brand new car and a cop borrows it for a car chase, and it gets completely smashed up, and we are supposed to find this funny.
Good one!

Last edited:
That scratched record sound effect for cheap comedic effect. It's the Wilhelm scream of reality shows nowadays.

Although this is specific to one film, I hate it when people scratch dvds as if they are vinal.

I am looking at you batman returns.

I can't stand when 2 characters are face to face....hero/villain..
...the villain taunts the hero who begins to turn away then POW!!! Totally obvious sucker punch...usually followed by, "boy, that felt good" or similar drivel....
..ugh....you can see it coming in EVERY movie/TV show.

Rich

I don't like it when the main person in a film barges into a doctors office, and the patient already in there has to leave without making a fuss.

Having waited 40 minutes to see my doctor this morning, I can tell you, I would make a fuss.

I don't like it when the main person in a film barges into a doctors office, and the patient already in there has to leave without making a fuss.

Having waited 40 minutes to see my doctor this morning, I can tell you, I would make a fuss.
Agreed, I think most people would get in the face of the bargee as well. Good one, I'd never thought of that before!

I am tired of a character suddenly getting an idea and walking away to check on something while one or more people ask where they are going and the character does not answer. I just finished watching "Evidence" and they did that twice, along with some of our other issues such as found footage and spinning the camera around actors to make ascene more dramatic.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back