Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Looking at these 6 inch figures and comparing to the current one the bandolier is different on Chewy for EP7.

59440993699997-vi.jpg

The Kylo guy looks pretty cool, but I hope they aren't falling into the EU stereotype of the Dark Side guy always having a helmet. Just because Vader had one doesn't mean every Sith or Dark Sider needs a helmet/mask. It might make sense if he's keeping it hidden that he's a Dark Side user (if he really is a Rebel pilot).

There was a drone pic from Greenham Common that showed a guy dressed as a Rebel pilot who looked a LOT like Driver.

I think the only revelations these figures show is that Chewbacca does not have a robot arm, and exactly how big BB8 is.

Assuming BB-8 is to scale here, I was expecting him to be almost half that size based on the trailer. Either way, I really like him though.
And I don't think Chewbacca NOT having a robot arm is news at all, unless you thought they were keeping things from the EU (which I assume is where that idea came from, because this is the first I've heard of it).

If the Chewy robot arm concept is real perhaps that happens near the end of the movie protecting Han or his daughter and loses it then. Hope not .....just a thought

Last edited:
And I don't think Chewbacca NOT having a robot arm is news at all, unless you thought they were keeping things from the EU (which I assume is where that idea came from, because this is the first I've heard of it).

No, Chewie never lost an arm in the EU. It's been a rumors since the concept art leaked a few months back.

Chewie still had all his bits when the bad guys dropped a moon on his head.

Its stuff like that, that really gave them no choice but to abandon the EU.

I'm not a fan of the red paint splattered on it (hated the gaudy paint jobs seen in the PT) but I like the design itself! Overall, it just feels right to me and there is some speculation that the panels pivot 90 degrees (forwards or backwards?) to a more horizontal flight configuration. It definitely looks more like a shuttle or courier, though I wonder what the reasoning is for not employing the famous Lambda shuttles or some derivative thereof? Judging by those big intakes, I wonder if this is even technically a TIE craft?

Last edited:
The pic of the concept art? Jaitea posted it above the link to the article.

I also like how the cockpit glazing looks similar to a B-29. A bit similar to the Falcon's in that respect.

The red paint seems evocative of the paint job on the Royal Guard's TIE Interceptors from Galaxies:

RoyalGuardTIE.jpg

I'll refrain from speculating too far on the status of whomever might be a passenger on that shuttle-y thing. I'm also going to say fairly early concept, as hat's an OT-style Stormtrooper I'm seeing on the right -- not one of the new guys.

--Jonah

I wonder if we'll see any OT style stormtroopers at all. It'd be interesting if what we're calling the "new" stormtroopers are actually spec-ops troopers or something and not the regular, bread and butter stormtroopers.

Last edited:
Feels like Star Wars. I'd guess at the fact that's its a snow planet so its Kylo Ren's personal shuttle maybe. Whatever it is I like it. :)

Ben

- - - Updated - - -

I'll refrain from speculating too far on the status of whomever might be a passenger on that shuttle-y thing.

--Jonah

Why refrain this is the spoiler thread?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back