Mods can lock and close

Re: Scott Alexander Xwing *STAY AWAY* POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT! IC3.gov FBI involvement.

I got him Jeff I got him by his shriveled little balls!

Re: Scott Alexander Xwing *STAY AWAY* POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT! IC3.gov FBI involvement.

I hate for it to come to stuff like that, but he clearly has a pattern of taking people's money and never delivering.
17 years, in at least 1 case?? Come on!!!!!

One could say that he is having trouble after his stroke, but much of this took place before his stroke. How is that justified?

I really do feel bad for the people he screwed. I doubt they will ever get $$ or a kit, but maybe justice will be served, and maybe it will keep him from essentially stealing from anyone else.

Re: Atomic City Xwing *STAY AWAY* POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT!

I ordered a 2001 42" Orion shuttle from Scott off of Ebay on Sept 24, 2016. I made the silly assumption that since it was on Ebay that it was already cast and ready to ship. Wrong. I still don't have the Orion after numerous promises to ship "next week" or "tomorrow" still nothing.

I realize that Scott is recovering from a stroke, but how can you accept orders and not fulfill them. Of course I waited too long to dispute the purchase with Ebay and now have no recourse but to wait or threaten to get my kit.

If you look at Scott's Atomic City forum, you will see an outstanding order thread that shows some people waiting over a decade and not receiving their orders.

According to his Ebay feedback he filled one order for an Orion that was placed after mine. I guess that person must have disputed the Ebay charge and got the next casting that he finished.

I guess the only way to buy a Captain Cardboard kit is to get one from a third party that actually has it on hand. Do not order from Scott directly or you will be sorry.

PayPal gives you 6 months now to file a dispute/claim. You still have time to file one..

If you used a credit card.. you may have even MORE time.

PayPal gives you 6 months now to file a dispute/claim. You still have time to file one..

If you used a credit card.. you may have even MORE time.

I'll have to investigate this further. When I initially tried to file a complaint Ebay said that more than 45 days had elapsed and they could not do the money back guarantee.

I don't really see the need to close this thread. If it were me, I would keep it open, maybe it will save someone from getting burned in the future.

This shouldn't be locked and closed. It could be a sticky at the top. That way it would help others than just yourself. Also, it will help to communicate how it turns out.

Its fine if it stays open. I encourage everyone to file a report with ic3.gov Even if its years old please file. After enough reports have been submitted its going to raise a flag somewhere and then a agent will begin to look into it.

I can't do anything remotely more than I have. People have to become the complainant before someone goes looking. I hope that makes sense. Nothing was taken from me not a dime.

The basic story was I was in the market for a kit. Like I always do before I send money to a stranger I do research. I started finding thread after thread of people having issues. I eventually found my way to his forums. I was amazed at the list I found and the prices I researched for the price on the kits.

That is when I began to ask him for a picture which never happened. In the end Scott did email me and said that the message I should have taken away by him not sending a picture was that he did not have a kit. That from the time I asked for a a kit and picture (Jan 2016) and (February 2017) he had sold the kit to someone else.....meaning at least to me he never made another one to take a picture from. Insinuating that I always just missed a kit so he couldn't take a picture. That I was not the only person he was doing business with.

This is when I put two and two together that he was running a ponzy scheme basically and I began to get pissed. I dont like to be taken. I dont like other people to get taken either.
If anyone even hints that I am in the wrong because I actually did not loose anything is someone I will put on my never do business list. So if thats you speak up now so I know never to buy *SH&T from you.

I encourage you do file a complaint. Accept your never gonna get that kit you paid for 17 years ago 15 years ago 13 years ago or 6 months ago.

Seems like I always join a forum were someone is breaking the law it happens all over...I have a wide range of hobbies from Arcade machine collecting pinball video games cars Rc stuff etc etc etc. Lots of those forums always have stickies of know people plastered all over. Surprised there is not a giant sticky for Scott at the top of this page. Maybe its cause he is banned but I think its time he be brought front and center and made to account for his actions..... Maybe me publicly rustling his feathers will cause him to pay up.

Last edited:

I'll have to investigate this further. When I initially tried to file a complaint Ebay said that more than 45 days had elapsed and they could not do the money back guarantee.

That is -not- what I said.

I said PayPal (not Ebay)

ie:

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment (or 45 days depending on when you made the purchase ie after June 17th) if:

• You don’t receive the item
  • You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website
By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

I also noted that if you used a credit card.. you will also have a path to follow up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's cool. Slazo is busy and I am getting one from Jeff

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and after 17 years I think that qualifies witch hunt status. Just sayin

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and let's hope Disney does not go after the r2 builder's club.... You know the club Disney hired for force.

Wonder if Tamiya will go after Disney for kit bashing. Disney does not go after scale modelrs in force because it's to hard a case to make. Also easy to get around. Just gotta change a few bits and then offer the correct bits via another sale. IP is easy to get around when you consult someone with knowledge on copyright law.

Last edited:
Wow, all of this and you never did business with Scott? Seems a little over the top quite frankly. I mean, if someone is patiently waiting for a kit for years what business is it of yours? If they are not patient . . . what business is it of yours? Are you one of Scott competitors?

Your dogmatic campaign seems rather strange for someone with no dog in the fight.

Last edited:
People like you are the reason the world is like it is and why so many countries and states have good Samaritan laws. Because hell if I see my fellow man getting robbed I should just keep my head down and mind my own business right.....yup

Its cool people in the pinball world reacted when I did this over there too. Then the close to 1 million dollars from the Predator scam started getting looked at by the feds and people had recourse all the nay sayers shut up pretty quick.
Hoe dare I care and help those who are helpless because they dont know how to get results. Clearly waiting on a derelict old man in his mid 60's to complete a model he sold 17 years ago. Lets give him some more time....

Also before you give me the "Your going after a old man routine" Why is he still playing these games if he is so old and full of problems. If you know you cannot deliver and wait on the goodness of your customers to produce the federal law defines that as a scam. Its all laid out in the law I posted on page one. Feel free to bring your self up to speed on US federal law since all this happened via email and the internet that puts it right in the feds area.
Its cool its Why Hon Solo pissed on TOS OOH BURN FIGHT FIGHT lets get down to what really matters. You are pissed that SW is better than ST ;)

Truly the goal was to shed light on someone. If these people want to wait not my problem. But if I gave one person recourse to get their money back it was worth it. If it scares Scott to produce I am good with you not liking me IDC. If the Feds get into it maybe Scott will produce then IDC. Either way more people know the story of all these Atomic City users that were had.

And in the end arguing on the internet never changes anyone's mind. I am sure you approve that I am trying to help and just not my methods. But if you dont approve of my methods then maybe you have a better way?.....oh wait its just to turn a blind eye to people potentially ripping off your customers that might have cross purchased? So maybe some of your customers are being jacked? Dont you want to protect them?

So if anyone has a way to get Scott to produce or refund the THOUSANDS OF THOUSANDS OF dollars be my guest and lets help these people that were taken by someone who can no longer make kits.

Or maybe just maybe if Scott released a statement saying he can no longer do what he said he would do and that he would shut down all future orders maybe that would help? Or maybe we should just let someone who clearly funnels new money to old customers or just to keep his house his another chance? So lets say Scott does make good on lets say Ebay xwing sales. Why should those people get there kits while other people from years back get nothing? And why should the money from these kits go to pay Scotts mortgage and not back work? If it was me I Would be living in a box on the street with a clear conscience vs in my house with me owing people thousands 10's of thousands of dollars.

But again thats what makes me a good seller and buyer. My word actually means farking something. It is amazing that in 20 years nobody has show up at his house to ask for their money back.

Last edited:
Why is Scott selling one of these when he owes 2 grand or more to Scott Graham? Where is his kit? Clearly Scott made one at one time? Maybe this is not the kit but look at the date on this ad

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=85203

All you need to do is google for a few minutes to learn this guy is a damn con man and should be in jail. But because he shares are hobby and once made good kits he should get a pass?

Here is his youtube channel showing how to put these together? Why are people waiting for this again? I mean he clearly has made some?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9r65KGb7qg3uzgWRAqAZEA

Maybe just maybe you wanna take a look at this list again

Atomic City Models -- Kit Waiting List - by Kit by Date Ordered
CustomerOrderedKit NameUPDATED: 2017/01/29
Comment
Discovery -Various
Graham, Scott2000Discovery 11' Underwriter version
Evans, Michelle2000Discovery 5.5 foot underwriter
Adami, David2011Little Discovery
Williams, ChipDiscovery 5.5 foot
15" Aries 1-B Kit
Ho, John200015" Aries 1-B Kit
Horyns, Bearly 2000's15" Aries 1-B Kit
Gerard, Robertearly 2000's15" Aries 1-B Kit
Hutchins, Robert200115" Aries 1-B Kit
Pereira, Matthew200215" Aries 1-B Kit
Prosser, Dave200215" Aries 1-B Kit
Coe, Kevin09/22/0415" Aries 1-B Kit
Goddard, Vince04/04/0515" Aries 1-B Kit
Hail, Edward05/24/0515" Aries 1-B Kit
Fanthom, Bernard08/01/0615" Aries 1-B Kit
Baker, Richard10/16/0715" Aries 1-B Kit
Fuller, Mike200715" Aries 1-B Kit
Martin, Mike03/28/0815" Aries 1-B Kitwas #95 as of March 2014
Davis Dusty12/15/1215" Aries 1-B Kit
Studsgaard, Chris2012 201315" Aries 1-B Kit
Kane, David10/23/1615" Aries 1-B Kit
Portz, Dean15" Aries 1-B Kit
Discovery Command Module
Pereira, Matthew2002Discovery Command Module
Deschamps, Jeanmarc2006Discovery Command Module
Martin, Mike08/13/07Discovery Command Module
Fish, Robert08/15/07Discovery Command Module
Coe, Kevin09/03/07Discovery Command Module
Wilson, Chris04/30/08D CM / D antenna kit combo
Fuller, Mike2009Discovery Command Module
Smithwick, Mike2012Discovery Command Module
Almond, Marshell04/14/14Discovery Command Module
Warthling, Mark07/06/14Discovery Command ModuleAbout #31 on list he thinks
Adami, David2014Discovery Command Module
Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Deschamps, Jeanmarc2006Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Prosser, Dave05/01/12Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)3rd Orion order per Dave
Zsutty, Marc05/02/12Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Pereira, Matthew08/06/12Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Davis Dusty12/15/12Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Jjiroudek, Daniel04/11/13Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)Order 26 he believes
Smithwick, Mike2015Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)Order 15 he believes
Wendt, Brad09/06/16Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Young, Dan09/24/16Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Portz, DeanOrion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Moonbus
Enlow, Troy'05 or '06Moonbus
Deschamps, Jeanmarc2006Moonbus
Coe, Kevin06/24/07Moonbus
Martin, Mike06/24/07Moonbus
Steinau, Richard06/26/07Moonbus
Evans, Michelle03/01/08Moonbus
Studio Scale 13" EVA POD
Eberie, Larry06/23/05Studio Scale 13" EVA Pod - underwriterlighted underwriter version
Netzley, Ray01/26/16Studio Scale 13" EVA POD
Netzley, Ray01/27/13Studio Scale 13" EVA PODreplacement for DCM & Aries Cancel
Cancelled Orders
Skenlar. Pat07/04/0115" Aries 1-B KitOrder cancelled 2014/refunded 2015
Skenlar. Pat2005/2006MoonbusOrder cancelled 2014/refunded 2015
Netzley, Ray02/25/16Discovery Command ModuleOrder cancelled Dec 2016; subsitute big POD
Netzley, Ray01/27/1315" Aries 1-B KitOrder cancelled Dec 2016; subsitute big POD
Filled Orders
Adami, David15" Aries 1-B KitKit received
Adami, DavidOrion - Studio Scale (42 inch)Kit received
Adami, DavidStudio Scale 13" EVA PODKit received
Adami, DavidAntenna KitKit received
Wilson, ChrisAntenna KitKit received

Last edited:
Its fine if it stays open. I encourage everyone to file a report with ic3.gov Even if its years old please file. After enough reports have been submitted its going to raise a flag somewhere and then a agent will begin to look into it.

I can't do anything remotely more than I have. People have to become the complainant before someone goes looking. I hope that makes sense. Nothing was taken from me not a dime.

The basic story was I was in the market for a kit. Like I always do before I send money to a stranger I do research. I started finding thread after thread of people having issues. I eventually found my way to his forums. I was amazed at the list I found and the prices I researched for the price on the kits.

That is when I began to ask him for a picture which never happened. In the end Scott did email me and said that the message I should have taken away by him not sending a picture was that he did not have a kit. That from the time I asked for a a kit and picture (Jan 2016) and (February 2017) he had sold the kit to someone else.....meaning at least to me he never made another one to take a picture from. Insinuating that I always just missed a kit so he couldn't take a picture. That I was not the only person he was doing business with.

This is when I put two and two together that he was running a ponzy scheme basically and I began to get pissed. I dont like to be taken. I dont like other people to get taken either.
If anyone even hints that I am in the wrong because I actually did not loose anything is someone I will put on my never do business list. So if thats you speak up now so I know never to buy *SH&T from you.

I encourage you do file a complaint. Accept your never gonna get that kit you paid for 17 years ago 15 years ago 13 years ago or 6 months ago.

Seems like I always join a forum were someone is breaking the law it happens all over...I have a wide range of hobbies from Arcade machine collecting pinball video games cars Rc stuff etc etc etc. Lots of those forums always have stickies of know people plastered all over. Surprised there is not a giant sticky for Scott at the top of this page. Maybe its cause he is banned but I think its time he be brought front and center and made to account for his actions..... Maybe me publicly rustling his feathers will cause him to pay up.
Again (as some asked above) how much does he owe you? What kits are you out of?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back