Hayden Christensen Possibly Vader Again??

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys so in constantly seeing news posts and junk on Facebook saying Hayden might be coming back for a small role in episode viii? Just looking for y'alls takes on this if it does happen. I figure it will because the best way to chill Kylo out is to give him actual contact with Vader himself rather than idolizing his helmet all the time.

Once again, just trying to find pros and cons of Hayden being in episode viii.

I like the idea. (If he's used well) anything that connects the PT, OT, ST, TCM and rebels is good in my books

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I like it as well. At least that would bring back some sort of continuity to the jumbled universe. I think it'd be a nice twist as well

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

The Art of the Force Awakens book mentioned how there was an idea for a force ghost Anakin/Vader that would change back and forth between the two.
Vgo5n.jpg

i wont mind a role like obi wan in the beginning of ESB. "luke... you must go to dagobah... there you will find yoda the jedi master who trained me..."

i DONT know how i feel if he's involved a lot... though i enjoyed some of his films, life is a house (or what ever the name of the movie was, he lived in a windmill) and "awake" awake is still one of my favorite movies

i wont mind a role like obi wan in the beginning of ESB. "luke... you must go to dagobah... there you will find yoda the jedi master who trained me..."

i DONT know how i feel if he's involved a lot... though i enjoyed some of his films, life is a house (or what ever the name of the movie was, he lived in a windmill) and "awake" awake is still one of my favorite movies
I just mean some side action with Ani.. much like obi wan. What if Kylo freaks out and rejects Anikan after he tries to turn him good again? Then Kylo would go insane knowing his idol is different than he expected and add a whole new awsome twist to the story.

I just mean some side action with Ani.. much like obi wan. What if Kylo freaks out and rejects Anikan after he tries to turn him good again? Then Kylo would go insane knowing his idol is different than he expected and add a whole new awsome twist to the story.

Now that would be really interesting. I am in the camp that really enjoys the complexities and inner conflict of Kylo Ren, and that would give him even more depth in my opinion.

I'm really pulling to see a force ghost Anakin in TLJ, especially if he looks as awesome as those concept images!

Personally, I liked Hayden. He's not a bad actor, he just had bad dialogue and direction on the Prequels. He made a great Vader, and a pretty good Anakin after he got through his moody teenage years. I'd like to see him in a role akin to Guinness's in the OT. Would be an interesting premise. Also, I find it heartbreaking to think about how Anakin must be devastated to see his grandson idolize every mistake he'd ever made.

alex that would be awesome!

The worst part about the directing and script was that it all packed the emotional conflict that was necessary to make the movies really good. Over all I like Hayden (jumper is still a favorite movie) and I think he should've had a better chance and this could be his chance to redeem himself.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

If the rumors are true I'd be very interested to see how he is incorporated. I like Hayden, and I think the concept art is absolutely cool and an interesting idea.

An interesting quote from JJ:
"Kylo Ren idolizes Darth Vader, not Anakin Skywalker. He idolizes what Vader represents and what Vader was trying to do. And the idea that Vader didn’t succeed, if you look at it from Ren’s point of view, he was seduced by the enemy and failed because of that seduction. So the idea is that Ren wants to complete the thing that Vader started.”

Personally? How I'd like to see him used is not with Kylo, but with Luke. Could you imagine him shifting from Vader to Anakin in Luke's ear all the time? Exploring how that could affect Luke would be super interesting to me at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's because of Kylo's level of force sensitivity that doesn't allow him to see ghosts of the afterlife, but say it's not a factor.... Anakin should have popped in long ago in front of Ben and say, "Dude.... no.... this is wrong. You are so going to be screwed if you do this dark side crap. Go back home."

Hahah! I mean come on.... they'll have to explain why Kylo wasn't intervened with sooner by Jedi of the afterlife.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back